What Type Of Services Do You Prefer/do You Want To See In Tsw?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by anas.hera, May 14, 2021.

Tags:
?
  1. Tram Services

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Light Rail/Commuters (Metro/Subway/U-Bahn/Stadtbahn)

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  3. Frequent Stopper/Slow Service/S Bahn

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Limited Stop Service/Semi-Fast Service/Regional

41 vote(s)
    69.5%
  5. Express Service/InterCity/Long Distance

33 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Freight (Hauling)

16 vote(s)
    27.1%
  7. Freight (Shunting)

19 vote(s)
    32.2%
  8. Heritage

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

No, I’m not talking about which specific type in which specific route in which specific country - just the type of services which you enjoy. E.g. Semi-fast services, express etc. I’d appreciate leaving a comment about your thoughts. I’ve allowed more than one choice for those who prefer variety.

My opinion is that I prefer commuter services mostly - especially metros and stadtbahns because I grew up in those :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

in answer to your question I like both long and short good for a mix up for example take east coastway I love the variety for example you got full Brighton to Eastbourne services that speed through London Road and Mouslecombe but then if you fancy short service you got the Lewes terminating services which are nice and short but personally I’m not bothered about freight

3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Oof, this poll isn't as easy as it seems. I could've easily voted for every option, with the exception of shunting, which really isn't my kind of thing.

Eventually I voted for Limited Stop Services (which I quite like because of the mix between speed and stops), Express Services (mainly because we don't have a lot of these over longer distances, and which involve at least a few stops in between), and Heritage (because we only have WSR at the moment).

But personally, I can appreciate all kind of services, as long as there's some variety. Not a fan of U-Bahn, and personally I think I have enough modern German S-Bahn routes, but give me a similar kind of network in another country or time period, and I'd probably like it.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Trains. All the trains. All the services. A good mix of everything. Depending on what mood I’m in I’m equally at home going slow or fast, stopping all the time, only stopping when the line runs out, or pulling freight up a hill, in a really old diesel or a fast electric, it’s all good. Switching in a yard is probably my least favourite thing but I still do some, although TSW isn’t really set up for it, and I haven’t yet bought all the dedicated switching DLC. But I will eventually.

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I'm in for limited Regional Services Fast Intercity Acela Express style service Freight and Subway because this is prevalent on American commuter rail networks including the Northeast Corridor. 1 things that you can see on American commuter rail in the northeastern region is that they tend to run like Regional trains. for example NEC TS21 New Haven to New York Penn Station runs via Stamford & Bridgeport,CT Regional business centers in southern Connecticut then on to the terminus New Haven Union Station.

6. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Some very nice opinions here - though I can’t say I am not surprised by the amount of people who enjoy Limited Stop services! Also, I’ve never received this much attention in a poll, so thanks to everyone who voted.

7. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Tsw really misses shunting passenger cars like you got to do in Pasing in tsx

8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Even though I answered frequent stopper, limited stopper and express in the poll, I think good frieght services are really important too. The reason I didn't answer freight is that most freight services currently are just A to B.

However, I really, really, enjoy the freight on RSN and MSB, because they have a lot more variety. RSN has a lot of changing speeds (quite a challenge in freight sometimes) and services where you have to shunt extra wagons into your consist along the way. MSB has steep gradients, double headers and banking engines.

If more of the freight services in game were as varied, challenging and fun as on RSN and MSB, then that would easily be my favourite service type.

9. jolojonasgames

It surprises me the 363 and 204 don't layer onto more routes to do that kind of shunting. Really hoping Riesa - Dresden features some, as there are quite a lot of 363's and 204's in the area around Dresden and Riesa.

Both playing shunters, and seeing AI shunters, realky change the feel of a route to me. I really like going 'hey nice, a 363 shunting' when I drive a service along the main line.

10. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Right? DTG have got to make a freight route, they can offer so so so much variety and it’s a missed oppurtunity really. I agree with what KoeleKoen said - shunting passenger coaches would definitely be interesting and something unique too.

I’d also like to see a route which goes between two major marshalling yards, so the movement from A to B can be more exciting with shunters moving about wagons. I had suggested the Hannover Freight Bypass route which tackles exactly what I just explained. A route with new freight locos, wagons and shunters would be a dream come true for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Haven’t bought a shunter yet - do routes such as RSN have AI shunters?

12. jolojonasgames

Yes, the 363 also operates all the playable services as AI. The chances of seeing then in motion are low due to timing, but you'll definetely see some standing around at places like Hagen and Boele yard.

The 204 on MSB also operates as AI, and can be seen standing around at Lohr and Aschaffenburg most of the time.

However both of these locos have no layers at all in other routes, and (especially the 204) have only a few timetable services.

That being said, the locos are both really well modelled and feel realistic in my opinion. If you want to buy one of them, I'd recommend the 363 above the 204, as the 363 has more, and more varied services, and truly makes RSN feel very lively.

I'd say: watch a few videos on them if you're interested, and wait until the summer sale if possible (they're a bit older, so usually have nice discounts).

13. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

I think that the fact that DTG have made no freight routes is a part of the reason why the 363 and 204 have so little services. After rush hour, they should seriously contemplate building a freight route. I also doubt that we’ll see those two locos in Riesa - Dresden because of the lack of the large dresden yard (which i forgot the name of) which is a let down.

14. jolojonasgames

Yes, I reeally hope DTG does a route that isn't fast-ish passenger with boring A to B freight soon. Personally, I'd prefer a '90s route like my Main-Weser-Bahn or Saalebahn suggestions most, but a freight focussed or diesel route would be really fun too.

15. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

I agree with what you said there - and I’ll take your earlier suggestion of the 363 in mind ;)

16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

There's a bit of coach shunting in West Somerset Railway. Not a whole lot though.