Other Why Dovetail Games

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by andykim1987, May 15, 2021.

1. andykim1987

andykim1987 New Member

Well, I've been playing Train Simulator for almost 18 years, but I've never been as disappointed with you as I was with Hamburg Lübeck. I wonder why you are throwing unfinished add-ons on the market in TSW 1 and 2 ???? the PZB is always a catastrophe at the beginning, the signals show pictures that is hard to imagine. and why is there a restriction to 90 KMH shortly before Ahrensburg and exactly 3 meters behind it one for 160 KMH ???? Do you have people who actually do the testing ??? and if so, what do they do with 200 on the routes and write Whatsapp ??? it's really so embarrassing Dovtailgames. Hamburg Lübeck is 10 percent complete, if at all. No train destination displays in timetable mode, the Pzb is a smooth 6. Signals indicate complete nonsense. I'm really sorry, but for the first time in all these years you will get a straight 6 from me.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

meant is the grade 6 or F

3. joji

joji Member

Couldn't agree more. The list of bugs and problems is ridiculously long, no part of the DLC can be played without game breaking issues. I tried to play freight services because of how much of a mess the passenger services are, but oh well, the MRCE has even more issues than the 112 and control car. Definitely the last DLC I purchased full price and at release day – I'm not going to reward this behavior.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Sometimes things go wrong , and DTG made a few mistakes with HBL . But it’s fine . We can move on . Let’s look forward to RH !

• Like Like x 1
  5. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

How many times can we keep looking forward to the next route.
    It's the same every time. An unfinished mess.
    I feel sorry for you if you think it's going to get better!

• Like Like x 14
  6. Spygot

Spygot Member

No, we CAN'T move on. If this would be a one-time problem and DTG would apologize and update the game as soon as possbile we could. But that's not the case. Just look at the list of problems TSW2 has:
    Sound Bugs on 146,185,182,143.
    Unplayable RT Services
    LIRR still broken.
    REUSED FAULTY SOUNDS ON A 30€ DLC!!!
    This IS unacceptable. If there was any other simulator with decent graphics I would have changed by now. Accepting HHL is like accepting that you buy a new car except it got your 2001 Honda engine and the gearbox stops working while driving but you still pay 30.000. I have bought preserved addons - I do not own TSW2020 - about 8 months ago and they are still broken.

• Like Like x 16
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Ok , I don’t feel so negatively about the route even though I don’t have it . The sounds may be updated in the future

8. Coastway trainspotter

All routes get updated , HBL will get updates and hopefully improve

9. Spygot

Spygot Member

Maybe I wasn't precise enough. I don't hate the route or something like that. The scenery is nice and the base works, it's just DTGs mentality of "release first, fix later". The PZB bug is something you have to notice and fix before release. I also wouldn't be so mad about the sound of the 112 if I didn't knew it's because the 143 got ported from TSW2020 and they haven't fixed it yet. The sound bug is not new, it's nearly a YEAR old. (You claim that bugs get fixed, that one clearly didn't) If the majority of ALL bugs (Preserved Collection) gets fixed in the next 2 months, I might consider buying a DTG Route full price again. But until that has happend, I cannot support the release of unfinished products or DTG will become the EA of the Simulator Publishers.

• Like Like x 5
  10. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

Point taken however we shouldn't need to have an update immediately after release for things to be improved. It should work correctly in the first instance. If this was an open beta for people to feedback on I wouldn't have a problem but people are paying for this.
    Its unacceptable to ask for payment when the product is faulty. Knowing its faulty and releasing it is downright disrespectful to you're customer but then again that has always been DTG's approach.

• Like Like x 2
  11. joji

joji Member

Please what?! We just bought a €30 DLC that is obviously not finished and broken to the point it's not really playable and the solution is to move on and buy the next DLC? I'm not even sure to laugh or to cry reading this reply.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Coastway trainspotter

1. There was plenty of gameplay and screenshots
    2. You might be able to get a refund
    3. You didn’t have to buy it on day 1 , let alone at all .
    4. If you are on pc or PlayStation then you could’ve waited until it was on sale .

• Like Like x 1
  13. raptor

raptor Member

in my opinion things are going to be a little bit unfair now. HHL is not unplayable. there are bugs yes and they realy need to be fixed! but make it the route unplayable? how many times do you run into a 500Hz magnet thats activated in service mode and in the scenarios? only at the end of all services. are the sounds a gamebraking bug? and for those who said, the 112 brakes to slow: drive the train with the same amount of cars in zusi. trainbreaks are that slow. the 112 and the 101 are the first two german locos that break like their pandant in zusi. don't get me wrong. these bugs need to be fixed and they had never get through a good qa team but HHL is not that bad, and not unplayable

• Like Like x 2
  14. Coastway trainspotter

I would just go without PZB until it’s fixed

15. Spygot

Spygot Member

1. I never look at many of those as I am excited to find out about the route and loco myself (except for the 182 which I know had some problems, I don't complain about it because of that)
    2. It could be quiet difficult to explain steam support my playtime since the dlcs are not counted seperatly. Bud indeed, you can.
    3. As soon as a product is released it has to be finished, if not Steam has the "Early Access"-Tag for that. If they applied that I wouldn't complain. But when I buy a product I expect everything to work in the way it was intended. While the Sound of the 112 may be intended, the missing 500hz magnets are clearly and all other things couldn't be described as "The way our 'simulator' is indented to work". If you would do this in the industry (Lets say sell the product for professional users) they would never sell anything again.
    4. Same as 3

• Like Like x 1
  16. raptor

raptor Member

and you can run with pzb... all you need to do atm is press the acknowledge button when passing the 500Hz. its not nice but a workaround until its fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Spygot

Spygot Member

I agree with some things you say. HHL is not unplayabe. But as someone wh always uses PZB since it makes the game more demanding it really disturbs the atmosphere. I don't want to say that HHL is unusable, I want to say that DTG has to do a lot of things right again before we should buy another route. I have a problem with how DTG treats its customers, not HHL or people who enjoy HHL.

• Like Like x 1
  18. raptor

raptor Member

thats right. like i said: the bugs arn't ok and must be fixed. and hopefully they change their qa strategy that things like that will not happen in future.

19. Coastway trainspotter

All video games have bugs , they are enevitable . We just have to wait for them to be resolved .

• Like Like x 2
  20. Slemcer

I think a lot of the frustration is caused by DTG's habit of wantonly releasing DLCs with lots of bugs, even though they most certainly know about them. I'm sure they count on all those "lunatics" who will always buy on day one... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  21. Coastway trainspotter

But some people will want to buy it . To stream it , to review it , or just to play and enjoy it

22. Slemcer

Of course, this would also be possible with a less bug-ridden product. But being wreckless about quality seems to pay off, and that's not a wise move.

• Like Like x 2
  23. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Nothing more fun than watching a stream crash and burn because the game is a bugged out joke. I tried to stream this game and it would keep crashing so many times I just gave up. DTG is a joke and they just want to take our money as quickly as possible. Haven't played this game in a month because it randomly decided to stop letting me save liveries. Sent them a message about it and the response was "oh, we'll get around to it sometime or something maybe but prob not"

• Like Like x 3
  24. joji

joji Member

Honestly, it isn't unfair. We're not talking about little glitches or wrong details on driving stocks/the loco (although there are plenty of those in the DLC). When you pay €30 for a new route, you can expect that it has been tested and is on par with the standards and features of the other routes.

Not being able to use PZB generally or AFB on the MRCE (just to name two examples of many) just isn't acceptable at all, those are fundamental mechanics of this game. Releasing the route in the current state is unfair to the customer, it's basically fraudulent.

So yeah, the DLC is playable in the sense that you can get a train to move, but these limitations, bugs, and annoyances spoil the fun entirely. I'm not going to touch it until there are patches.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  25. joji

joji Member

1. Those issues are not visible in any of the gameplay and screenshots.
    2. Sony doesn't allow for refunds when the content was downloaded
    3. I absolutely don't have to, and I will certainly not again. But I didn't expect them to release an completely unfinished and buggy game that is either untested or they knowingly still released it, despite being aware of the issues.
    4. I'm totally fine to pay the full price – if it was working properly.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. raptor

raptor Member

ist the pzb afb problem with the mrce platform specific, 'cause i can use it without problems(but with the 500Hz Bug) im on pc

27. joji

joji Member

Yes you can use it, but now try to reduce speed. Say from 80 to 40. The train comes almost to a complete stop because it breaks too much for too long.

• Like Like x 2
  28. raptor

raptor Member

ok i tested it. got the same problem. it always breaks 20kmh below target speed. need to be fixed aswell

29. joji

joji Member

Yeah add that to the 50+ other major issues that need to be fixed. I doubt they'll be able to do this any time soon, so I'm trying to get a refund.

• Like Like x 1
  30. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

So you are new here. I'd hate to break it to you but sadly this game is always horribly buggy when they release. Then it'll remain buggy for a long time while they keep making new buggy games, and if we get lucky we may have an update later on down the road. However, when and if a line does get updates it can almost entirely be expected that said fix will cause a chain of breaks on other items that were working fine before.

I've had my livery editor broken for the past month and who knows if it'll ever be fixed. I'm sure it's because of the BR101 being released, things worked before that. But yeah sadly this company does an outstanding job of rushing items out and not testing them.

• Like Like x 1
  31. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

I’ll say it again for those sitting in the cheap seats who can’t hear me: “What’s the point of offering a simulator with working safety features if the features don’t work?” No PZB means you might as well be driving Sim Bicycle.

• Like Like x 2
  32. andykim1987

andykim1987 New Member

I've been even more afraid of rushour since Hamburg Lübeck because I can't get rid of the feeling that this update will complete the game for several weeks. If not DTG says after the update Oops no problem, we already have TSW 3 ready for you you can buy it in November for only 69.99 because it works then. It is sad that DTG has not even seen that the community is sad about what it was. And twitch in their streams and are proud of a flawed game.

33. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Apparently DTG has a tight release schedule they aren’t keen to deviate from. Basically why I decided to stop making day-one purchases after SEHS and LGV. Both routes received post-release fixes, so I suppose the same will be true this time.

34. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

Either they don’t, or they’re being paid to stand around..

• Like Like x 1