Route Linking

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainsimplayer, May 15, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

In Train Sim World, the Bakerloo Line & Great Western Express both share Paddington. The Bakerloo is underground, and the Mainline at ground level.
    I suggest away to directly link the routes like so: 2021-05-15 (5).png

[Insert Loading Screens]

2021-05-15 (10).png

Or at Brighton, if you come in from Lewes and you want to switch to Brighton Mainline: Screenshot_20210515_184742.jpg

At stations with different levels/Seperated zones for different routes (Like Paddington) the opened but non-passable gatelines could be a pop-up point
    At stations which aren't like such, it could be a blue marker, as shown above.
    Note: Xbox controls shown as that's what I happen to play on.

Thanks for reading

• Like Like x 12
  2. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

I would love this, would make route switching much easier than going into the menu and selecting a route

• Like Like x 3
  3. trainsimplayer

Note: this example shows Reading with a Hypothetical Reading - Oxford route.
    Based off of jolojonasgames' suggestion and my own for connecting routes without needing to merge them (even though the route of GWE if it went all the way to Oxford would be reasonable anyway, but it's just an example) I have came up with this concept. 2021-05-15 (17).png.png
    As with the original post, Xbox controls are shown because it suits me in making this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

It's a good suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and how about this one Rhein-Ruhr Osten with Ruhr Sieg Nord on a Freight service. However one of the services on RSN RB16 doesn't run to Wuppertal instead it goes to Duisburg via Bochum Essen Haputstrecke Rhein-Ruhr. In the case of RSN RB16 you're going to get a screen that says do you like to continue to Duisburg via Bochum yes or no? This is at Hagen Hbf and same is said at Bochum Hbf HRR Route it will say do you like to continue to Finnentrop Yes or No?

6. trainsimplayer

The use of this to connect RSN & RRO makes sense.
    However connecting Bochum & Hagen by just teleporting would not. You would need the lines via Dortmund first.
    You also said a similar thing to connect Riesa Dresden and Hagen - Wuppertal completely ignoring the massive gap between them and the fact they are halfway across the country.
    Not only that but you said on my South Wales thread to connect that (Cardiff - Bristol) with GWE, despite the huge distance between them.

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on RRO RSN connection due to them Being joined at Hagen. However HRR RSN connection is via Witten since HRR Eastern portion in real life has two terminal stations Dortmund for Rollbahn connection and Witten for Hagen Ruhr Sieg Nord . That is if DTG makes HRR Bochum Witten Hagen extension. While for the IC55 Wuppertal Hagen to Riesa-Dresden connection that will be Hagen-Hannover- Berlin-Leipzig-Riesa Railway Corridor. Finally South Wales can be connected to Great Western Main Line Paddington Station to Reading if DTG OR third-party developer makes the missing section which is GWML Reading to Bristol. How would you deal with the services in game that have destination of Swansea via Bristol and Plymouth via Taunton those are listed on GWE HST service mode timetable. That should explain my answer about route linking.

8. trainsimplayer

Well you could have at least said "they could make [route] to connect this route with [other route].