Br 112 Bugs (brake Lever)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by zusitrainsim, May 14, 2021.

1. zusitrainsim

zusitrainsim New Member

Hallo,

when i frist play with the br 112, i saw that the brake lever was to thin.
    For comparison I have attached a real pictures. This photos were not taken by me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There you can see the the brake lever is in the game to thin. Can you answer me please?

Your sincerely

ZusiTrainSim

Attached Files:

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Man we’re really going too far with these ‘issues’.

• Like Like x 6
  3. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

It's small but it is an inaccuracy, one that could and should've been spotted, like the lights.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Not really. DTG says they use hundreds of photographs to get things right. Yet, the 112 has issues inside and outside the cab in terms of accuracy. Why is it wrong? Someone hasn’t been paying the right level of attention, or they haven’t been given enough time to do a proper job.

• Like Like x 3
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Making the 112 actually look like a 112 I agree with, and DTG putting more into getting the details right where they otherwise do less work (like with this DLC where rolling stock is all reused) is something I’ll support anyone telling DTG to do so all day.

But really? a few millimetres on levers is going too far, the handle on the 112 doesn’t look unlike a brake handle you’d find on a German loco, or even the 112’s IRL handle, it’s literally off by a few millimetres.

I’d even argue that things like this really discredit other complaints and feedback about other missing details, because this just looks like pettiness for the sake of pettiness.

If things such as this are issues that prevent you from enjoying content then I’d have to ask what content you actually enjoy because I guarantee that TSW, or literally any other game about anything else is full of measurements that are off by millimetres, it’s not asif you go into the cab of the 112 and say “oh my god that brake lever is tiny!”.

The demanding nature of “answer me please” is also just ridiculous, what sort of response do you expect a developer to come back with for this issue, they’re hardly about to remodel the control desk on account of what I’d call a minor inconsistency.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  6. zusitrainsim

zusitrainsim New Member

That is my opinion and if you do not respect this then that is the case but that is why I can still report it here, it is not a violation?

And sorry for my bad englisch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. zusitrainsim

zusitrainsim New Member

[​IMG]

I also found this Bug.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Actually Sam and Matt themselves told him in the last stream to report this on the forums with comparison images, so I don't see what your issue is with the post.

But regarding the topic, is it really too thin? Looks kind of similar to me to what it was in the lanuch stream.

• Like Like x 3
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

My issue is that if we all start measuring stuff down to this level the forum will be full of posts exactly like this.

• Like Like x 3
  10. blackytrains

blackytrains New Member

It is a very noticeable error in the locomotive, which could also have been very easily avoided. Just compare the lever with reality, or alternatively with the 112 from Train Simulator. If it was a wrong switch somewhere in the engine room (or in another place where it is hardly visible), I can understand your opinion, but a lever that is essential for using the locomotive should look correct.

• Like Like x 3
  11. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

This is, word for word, exactly what I was thinking, on both issues (the OP, and the handle comparison).

The photos supplied in the OP (explicitly requested by Matt) seem to demonstrate that the cab model used in TSW 2 (as shown on the launch stream) has perfectly captured the brake handle's shape.....

This might be a blue/black or gold/white dress issue.... (a lighting/perception/projection/etc. issue...)

12. synthetic.angel

No it isn't.... can someone create a TSW 2 screenshot, taken from the same angle as the second photo in the OP (assuming that it isn't actually a photo-realistic screenshot.... from TSW 2....)...? And then you can do a side by side comparison.... but from memory (from the stream) - it really does look absolutely fine.

NB: I always saw the blue dress.

13. blackytrains

blackytrains New Member

Here is the comparison, TSW versus Train Simulator. The 112 in TS is defitnitely correct. If you want more comparisons, check out Zusi 3. They have photorealistic cabs. The TSW-Picture is from zusitrainsim.

20210515171515_1.jpg TSW 2.jpg

14. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

It's not against you. In this game you will meet extra fanboys of DTG / TSW.
    For them there are no bugs and the game is perfect ;)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

there will always be differences to be found

16. synthetic.angel

So the brake handles do have exactly the same geometry, but in that light the brake wheel looks quite a bit wider (in TSW) - it probably is slightly wider (like maybe a full mm wider).

I still think that some people might be susceptible to seeing an optical illusion here though, with respect to the handles, their colours, and surface textures, that makes them appear more different than they really are.

Does the brake lever actually work though.... because on PS4 the brake button (using a keyboard) isn't mapped and doesn't work at all, and that strikes me as being a bit more of a serious issue....?

I think that the cab modelling is really quite superb - it isn't clear to me what more you could realistically expect.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It may be that all the images in this thread aren’t labelled so I’m getting confused, but is it actually the case that the lever is too thick rather than too thin? Some labels would help in the TS vs TSW images above but I’m thinking the TS one is too thin and the TSW one is only wrong in that it is a millimetre too thick. Whatever the case this is an absolute non-issue and if this is the biggest issue with this loco then DTG have done an amazing job. There are actually proper issues with DLC quality at the moment so this kind of inane nitpicking doesn’t help, it just reduces genuine complaints to the level of this one, which as far as I can see isn’t even an issue.

There’s also a post in this thread with a cryptic find the bug picture with no explanation as to what they found. Not helpful.

• Like Like x 4
  18. blackytrains

blackytrains New Member

@stuyoj
    Just from seeing or hearing it in TSW videos, I can say that this loco is very faulty. Have you ever seen a 112 in real life? Obvious faults in the model are definitely not to be disregarded, so DTG should take another look at it. When DTG releases something British again, you want it to be perfect, don't you? Everything is scrutinised very carefully, and that's exactly what I (as a German) do with German material.

19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I can’t answer for Stujoy but personally I’ve never pulled out my virtual tape measure on the controls.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Zusi has what ?
    It may has accurate cabs, but Zusi is very far from photorealistic, the game looks like it could be run on a decent calculator.

Overall i think the 112 and hhl has bigger and more important flaws than the size of the bulb on top of a leaver.

• Like Like x 4
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not faulty because of a very minor or even nonexistent mismatch between the diameter of a brake lever stem in the cab model and the real train, a potential error that is mainly being illustrated by comparing it with another train sim’s version of the same stem, and not by any real evidence. That is the subject of this thread and I in fact alluded to the more serious issues with the 112 and other models in my post, in a sarcastic way. I also mentioned that focusing on this insignificant problem allows other problems to be devalued because it can become a deluge of insignificance that buries the rest. If I was ever to compare such a minor (if it exists at all) discrepancy in a minute component of a British train, I would have to have a word with myself. I have agreed with the headlight size and spacing issues being sloppy model making because they are quite clearly very wrong and something that should not happen, even when others were saying they were fine, but this is not in the same league as that. This is a non-issue in comparison to the real issues with HBL and its trains.

PS who is stuyoj?

• Like Like x 2
  22. synthetic.angel

And your efforts are worthwhile (and I benefit from them, because I really like the German DLCs), and this is why the German outline DLCs, compared to the British outline DLCs have:

- better designed routes, with a decent attempt at optimisation of the routes;
    - better scenarios, with better narrative and more involved gameplay/simulation (because the routes have been tested and optimised more thoroughly, to allow for more AI traffic, etc.);
    - better features, including more flexibility on rolling stock substitutions and additional liveries, services, and/or layers... that you don't have to pay an extra "Legendary" £15 fee for - because the German consumers won't accept paying more for something that normally comes as standard (for free);
    - better featured rolling stock where you can walk through the middle of the loco (usually), and there is usually a good (consistently good quality) level of audio; and,
    - a higher chance of working when the DLC is first released (unless it is on Playstation).

The German market gets a much much better deal than the British and North American markets, because the standard that is demanded is much much higher. There is no way that it would be acceptable, for example, for something as dead and broken as Oakville to exist as a German route. That just would not happen.

And with SimRail on the way, DTG need to keep up high standards for the German stuff, because as SimRail develops, the first target outline market after Poland will almost certainly be Germany - and the standard that they produce is likey to be exceptionally high (my guess, based on the company's real world simulator business).

So, I support your efforts to improve TSW..... although....

.... I (seriously) still can't see anything wrong with the shape of the brake handle...... we need a photo comparing the real cab with the TSW cab, side by side. But if I were to make a change, it probably would not be the handle itself.... personally.... I don't really like the TSW texture of the wheel the handle is mounted on, when viewed in extreme close-up..... but I could live with it.

23. blackytrains

blackytrains New Member

Zusi has photo-realistic driver's cabs. If graphics are important to you, then the simulator is simply not for you. But Zusi is very realistic, which is more than TSW 2 can claim.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Indeed, the cabs are photorealistic, as in, they are constructed out of 2D photographs of the train cabs—MSTS style.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  25. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It seems to me that people with the issue highlighted in this thread would rather play Zusi.

There’s a very simple solution to that issue...

26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This is satire, right? The awful sound of many German locos is absolutely notorious- the 146 and 185 in particular are almost intolerable to drive with that hideous high-pitched screech. As to the latter part of your post: I give you Exhibit A, Hamburg-Lubeck. The most broken route ever released for TSW.

"Higher standard," mein arsch.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yup, those 2 have really annoying sound. It is not just that it is not realistic, it makes you want to change to another loco just to stop hearing the painful noise.

28. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

The DB BR 112 is not very well modelled.

29. synthetic.angel

Just an opinion. And the main point that I was making is that the standard expected is relatively higher. I still think it is shocking that the LUL 72 Stock has got the Widowmaker sound from the windscreen wipers....

I must admit, I had never had an issue with the sounds on the 146 or 185, but I will have a listen out next time, to see if they bother me (at all). So - I could be wrong with respect to audio.... and yeah... you do have a point about the reception that HHL got (but I am fairly sure that HHL will get fixed PDQ...) .... ;-O

NB and Quick Q: The vast majority of my running is still in TSW 2020, and this is largely because I understand that the audio was not effectively "preserved"... .......

.......is it safe yet, to run TSW 2020 routes on TSW 2....?

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  30. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Back OT: until someone posts an actual photo of a real 112's cab, there is no evidence. Screenshots from other games don't cut it.

• Like Like x 1
  31. synthetic.angel

I didn't respond to this earlier because I didn't really have any reasonable grasp of just how bad HHL currently is, so I felt that could not comment (even if I knew I would probably disagree with you.... ;-) ).

However, I have now seen a few reviews of HHL online, and parallel to that I have been looking at Oakville. And I can now confidently say that the most broken route ever released for TSW was certainly Oakville, and it is still Oakville. I will probably do a thread on Oakville soon, but I can give you the headline now - it is probably completely beyond redemption, as a route for TSW. However, HHL will certainly get fixed, and quickly.

Other routes were released in a more broken state than HHL, including NEC and LIRR (originally in TSW 2020). But Oakville is still a horror show. The North American routes really seem to me to get the shortest straw.....

Regarding HHL - the thing that popped out to me (from the online videos) was not PZB or the Dostos... but the incredibly poor framerate. This is a general optimisation issue in a German route, which has surprised me to see (yep - as soon as I say the German routes are always near perfect.... we then get HHL....!!)..... DTG are (I guess... maybe.....) pushing the boundaries with just how much stuff they can get into a route with their current (generally inefficient) quality of build... but I don't know what the FPS issue is with HHL - I note that it is a "larger" route DLC compared to others, at over 4Gb.

If I had to pin my flag to the mast now, given the PZB issues, my guess would be that HHL did not go through any sort of detailed QA review, for optimisation purposes (let alone basic functionality) - and that is a surprise to me. But I could not be sure, without visually checking the assets in the route myself - and I have no intention of buying HHL anytime soon, at full price, until they at least fix the PZB.

If serious QA issues are now infecting German routes.... then this does not bode well for the Rush Hour pack.

Yep - this. ;-)

-------------------
    EDITED TO ADD: And just to re-iterate.... the possible (mis)perception that the BR 112's brake handle is a bit thin is completely and utterly trivial compared to the Dosto geometry, the broken PZB, the poor FPS, and the (possibly missing) BR 363 service layer (although maybe the 363 was intended to just pop up as AI only.... which would be a new feature in TSW....... (but common in TS2012)..............).

Last edited: May 19, 2021