PC Can't Get Back Into The Cab And Driver Avatar Is Missing

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, May 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

This morning on my stream I wanted to show a level crossing closing on Hamburg-Lubech to I raced waaaaaayy ahead of the train. When i tried to come back to the train, 1 and ctrl-0 did not work. 2 and 3 got me to the outside of the train. I was still in control of the scenario as I was still able to drive with Raildriver. You can see in the screenshot below the avatar is missing. The scenario was Turnback Freight and I had finished the first part and was progressing with the second part.

Edit: Pasting in the video links with time codes seems to have the timecode part removed by the forum itself. I will update with times instead of time-based links.

You can see on my stream recording from about 1:32:38 where I jumped out and sat on a bridge using 8 free cam, I explored for a bit in freecam and I started zooming ahead of the train about 1:34:36 and tried to come back around 1:39:30 and you'll see me talking through not being able to get back in. While I was able to drive it from outside the sound is now wrong - its generic and doesn't have the note playing this loco would normally have.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have had this same issue with other trains (on PS4) where I cannot return to the driver camera. It happens after doing the same thing, using the external camera for a longish period of time away from the train. All the same symptoms as you describe, with the driver character missing from the cab, as if the game has forgotten about your existence.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

As a sidenote: Why are these YT videos included when you can't watch them outside YT?

4. paul.pavlinovich

My apologies Slemcer for some reason the stream videos default to "allow embedding" off - everything else on my channel defaults to on. I did not know about this and have fixed it.
    What is weirder is the direct time links don't seem to work - they always go to the start.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  5. paul.pavlinovich

That's it exactly, it's forgotten about you :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Thx Paul.
    I've watched some more of that video, not just the sequence where you couldn't get back into the cab.
    As a result I can give you some hints about the German inscription you encountered: Fabrik (means factory), Mehl (flour), Roten is just the name and has no other meaning, so it would be named Roten flour factory in English.

• Like Like x 2
  7. paul.pavlinovich

Awesome thank you Slemcer - it would be really cool if you made a video with sub titles for the translation of the words the locomotives yell out when they want something.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Federspeicherbremse! Federspeicherbremse! Federspeicherbremse! Störung. Störung. BeepBeep

Sorry, that what somehow childish :D

9. paul.pavlinovich

Actually its helpful! Because I can paste it into Google Translate and get back

Spring brake! Spring brake! Spring brake! Disorder. Disorder. BeepBeep

:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Wow those German trains look really complicated to drive! Thank you for explaining what the yellow SiFa indicator was - I've seen it on other services I've driven and always wondered what it was, although still no wiser how to get rid of it if it appears.
    Incidentally, what is this Raildriver, some kind of add-on or DLC? And what is the name of that fancy controller you're using there which shows bottom left? I presume it's only for German routes on that particular service? And finally, did you find out the reason you couldn't get that first train moving?

11. paul.pavlinovich

To get SIFA you first need to enable it. On trains elsewhere in the world SIFA could be called Alerter, Vigilance or something similar. Essentially periodically it lights up, then if you don't respond it either makes a noise or talks. To clear it you press Q on the keyboard or Alert on Raildriver (this only works in some locos).

Raildriver is a controller specifically for driving train simulators you can see them at http://raildriver.net/ they are a great way to improve immersion within those games that support it. TS2021 has good support. TSW2 is in a beta and is reasonable.

If you drive a German loco in its most basic form they're probably about the same as many others. If you turn on AFB you get a kind of cruise control that maintains a set speed and accelerates and brakes to maintain that speed by itself. LZB and PZB well they are another whole game that bamboozles me still :).

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  12. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Thank you, Paul. Appreciate that.

I take it you *did* finally manage to get it moving then? :)

13. paul.pavlinovich

hehe yep. eventually :). I've started building a cheat sheet - every time I get into a loco I am noting all the steps to wake it up and put it to sleep. I'll probably share it when its got more locos on it. Some are really simple with four or five steps. Others are, well... slightly more complex.

I even managed to get all the way through the route with only one emergency brake with LZB and PZB turned on last night. I don't know why braked when it did, but only one is a new record :)

• Like Like x 1