What Does Everyone Think About The New Amtrak

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Louie, May 16, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    82.2%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

What does everyone think about the new Amtrak.

To be honest I’m kind of excited I can’t wait to Finally drive the new Amtrak all the way to Boston well I kind a wish we were able to go to New York to Boston but what Eavv.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

It will be interesting that DTG programmers dealt with ATC, ACCESS. I am definitely very interested in this route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

I already miss NEC NY and am happy that at least another section of the NEC is now being published! I think that's just a must! And I like the ACS-64 with its coaches. It's a shame about the old track but at least it compensates for it.

However, there was also the SW1000R for NEC NY, which I also bought as a DLC. It would be nice and fair if she could return to the new NEC as part of the preservation! After all, like the ACS-64, it is available and therefore also licensed.

So please DTG - don't forget the SW1000R, and bring it over to the new NEC! As a previous buyer on a lost route, I wouldn't pay twice now! Hope you find a fair solution, it would be a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The SW1000R doesn’t run on this section of the NEC.

5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a completely new route dlc. Nothing will be brought over from NEC New York, except perhaps the shell of the Sprinter. You can still run the SW1000R and the GP40-2 on the TSW2020 route. The route is not "lost".

• Like Like x 1
  6. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree what you say I feel like if you already owned the old Amtrak you should be able to play it like LIRR Not only that you could probably be able to connect both of the routes but you know how they are probably won’t

• Like Like x 1
  7. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

The biggest reason for me to be excited for the new NEC route is for the possibility of having some kind of Acela add-on (whether that'll be the current Acela or the new Avelia Liberty.)
    The Boston - Providence section has the fastest speed limit along the NEC, making it suitable for those high speed services. Not only that, but it would also provide even more variety on this route with local, regional, AND high speed traffic. It's a no-brainer to have an Acela DLC for this route, there is plenty of potential assuming they play all their cards right.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to a new US passenger line. I just hope this line is not a cacophony of speed limit changes as was the old NEC

• Like Like x 1
  9. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Yes, i'm excited. Wouldn't have been my first choice section of the NEC, but adding the MBTA license is nice, and means potential for further commuter routes in Boston.

Just really hope there's a freight layer. :)

• Like Like x 1