Latest Tsw 2 Update..my Ps4 Fan Is Going Nuts.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rpb1966, May 16, 2021.

1. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Any one else having the same problem since the new TSW2 update came out the other day. I know it was the biggest update they have done for a while, but every time I play TSW2 my PS4 fan goes absolutely nuts. Before it only used to go nuts during livery editor, scenario editor and the main screen. Now its all the time nearly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Yeah I've got a similar problem, it would only run fast in scenario planner and livery editor but last night I had the red flashing overheat shutdown warning whilst travelling as a passenger on NTP. Closed TSW and it seemed ok? I'm the first one to admit it's a fairly old PS4 (regularly cleaned) but I'm concerned that with the overheat warning. Didn't actually think the realism was supposed to extend actually using your PS as a hotplate.
    Runs Elite Dangerous, WoWs, RDR2 without any bother so why TSW freaks it out is beyond me.

3. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I rebuilt the database on my PS4 and that helped a lot. Its a bit like defragging your Windows hard disk. Its in your settings menu on the PS4. Oh I also bought a stand with fans in it. I do mean to also give it a clean at some point of dust.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

My PS4 Pro used to be like this, I took the lid off and left it off for better airflow and that fixed it.

Obviously doesn't look great, and you need to vacuum it regularly, but worth it for the peace and quiet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

I have rebuilt the database too, but after the update the PS4 Pro fan is going crazy, but it does not do it on any other games at all.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I recently bought a PS4 Slim (I'm currently working abroad and left my PS5 in the UK)

I don't know if the slim has improved cooling over the standard and Pro, but it's totally silent running TSW2.

7. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

It has to be how TSW2 is loaded on your PS. If other games that maybe more intensive but do not run the fan run ok. Not sure what to suggest next. Well other than give it a good clean out of any dust. You could try moving from where ever you have it, to see if you can improve air flow. I know how worrying it can be to hear your PS sound like it is an A320 taking off at Heathrow airport!

8. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

Mine too , I don’t think I have ever heard the fans ( better check they work I guess )

• Like Like x 1
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Not surprising on a new machine.

10. ChxosHorizon

ChxosHorizon New Member

My ps4 pro fan is always getting louder, when I insert a disc, save my current game stats or when it's loading my latest save game.

• Like Like x 1
  11. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

These reported noisy fan issues with the PS4 and TSW2 are interesting. When I first got TSW2 a few weeks ago now I did notice things were a bit noisy with the fan on my original PS4 but recently it’s all quietened down and seems to have adapted itself to TSW2?

It might only be temporary though?

12. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

My PS4 fan is like a HST departing at notch 4, thankfully I've got a PS5 so once Rush Hour is out I'll start playing again.. in silence :)

13. traingeek241

traingeek241 Member

Mine is exactly like that. I've had my PS4 since August 2015 and I guess it's just these games and the age taking a toll on the console.