Iow Missing Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ehz0689, May 9, 2021.

1. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

What ever happened to the missing trophies for IOW? Thought Rivet and DTG was supposed to fix it

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I’ve asked both parties and no one is going to fix them. Not good at all really

3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

….and I should say also that complete all scenarios is still broken for me

4. ehz0689

Both parties have said the other has to fix it

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

This situation is the single main reason for two of my decisions:
    - I will not even consider buying IOW until this issue is resolved, and
    - I will not buy any content made by Rivet until responsibilities are clarified (and, of course, the DLC's are mostly free of obvious bugs).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Apparently the 4 trophies on PS4 version was intended, so it IoW will never get the missing 6 trophies PC and Xbox players have. If I have to reinstall everything on my PS5 when the ‘PS5 Version’ of TSW 2 comes out, I will not be reinstalling IoW (as I don’t intend to ever play it again) and I’ve already said I won’t buy any more Rivet content unless their quality improves. Arosa Line is not good enough in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ehz0689

And I still can't find a ticket for the collectible. Now I'm starting to think that's a bug too

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

All the collectables are present and correct in IoW. They are sneakily hidden.

9. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile their customers have to put up with their attitudes towards each other! As normal we "The Customer" are paying for this, why cannot one of them just say "Ok we will do it for the good of OUR customers". These are the times that we "The Customer" find out what is really going on and the Customer Service that we can expect. Am I wrong or is this just getting worse in the last few months?

10. borg#1850

Just to also say, it sounds like the management of Rivet and Dovetail need to sit down in front of each other (Zoom - Microsoft Teams) and fix their issues before continuing on developing new modules and fix the issues the modules have at present.

11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I appreciate it has been frustrating not getting a clear answer from either side.

The reason for the trophies being 4 instead of 10 was due to a technical reason. Specifically around the memory available at the time. I have double checked and we are not able to add more trophies for this route.

As for those of you who are struggling to get some trophies to work correctly. On this occasion the update is our responsibility. Traditionally updates for third party routes are the third party developers responsibility.

I can't promise you when this will be updated, but I have highlighted the problem internally.

It is important to remember that this isn't game breaking and we have had few reports of the issue.
    If you do experience this problem please remember to submit a support ticket so we are able to rectify the issue sooner.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. borg#1850

Thanks for your quick response. I am sure you can see how it looks and feels to us the customer. Maybe management higher up needs to understand things and see that this will affect profit in the long run. Nothing focuses their minds than Money and their Bonuses! ;)

13. ehz0689

Thank you Nat for answering. I truly appreciate it.

14. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

What's the reasoning that you're unable to add trophies now? Other DLC adds trophies with no problem.

15. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey Lucas,

Adding trophies for new DLC is still achievable. The difference with Isle of Wight is that there were memory concerns at the time these were being added which is why you were given 4 instead of your usual 10.

Now that the trophies have been put in place, we are unable to add more to the existing list. The same as any other DLC.

16. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

[QUOTE="DTG Natster, post: 311204, member: 21175"
    Now that the trophies have been put in place, we are unable to add more to the existing list. The same as any other DLC.[/QUOTE]
    Why not making then Isle of Wight set 2? and adding there the other trophies.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Why not making then Isle of Wight set 2? and adding there the other trophies.[/QUOTE]
    That would probably make things messy. I think we just have to accept it is what it is, but assert that it should never happen again. Or at least be told about it happening again upfront so that we can make an informed decision on whether to buy the route or not on that basis.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

I still don't get it what 'memory concerns' could be in connection with trophies. Could anybody enlighten me please?

19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think each trophy set can only have a limited number of trophies, which is why we get set 1, 2, 3 etc. I could be wrong, but I think that’s what impacted the numbers.

20. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Yes, that's my understanding too, but the only reasonable explanation for me would be, set X (don't know the number where Iow belongs to), had only space for 4 trophies instead of 10. But was Iow the last DLC for the set it belongs to? If no, I still don't get it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Slemcer

I wouldn't think that different sets have different limits ...
    I've already stated earlier (in another thread) that set 2 (with IOW) has not even now reached its limit, and by the time IOW was added it was far from that. So I still consider all statements "explaining" this situation either being an excuse or being done because of wrong informations.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

13 DLC’s added to set 2 since IOW was released so can’t be TSW2 set 2 being the problem. Like everyone else is love to know the details of the memory issues. Only memory issue I see is someone forgot to add them all in :D

• Like Like x 5
  23. Slemcer

In fact, that can be a "memory" issue, but has no relation to the console's memory :D

• Like Like x 1
  24. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

I think DTG Natster is out of memory.... No response yet....:D

25. Slemcer

Don't blame her, it's not her fault.

26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Rivet is the worst in TSW.
    They should stop creating content, when they unable to fixed broken stuff.

still no Timetable Update as promised by Jasper_Rivet

• Like Like x 1
  27. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

Slemcer
    I don't blame her. It was a word joke. I don't want to hurt anyone.... My apologize....