New Stop Markers...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grob-e, May 16, 2021.

1. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

I really don´t like the new stop markers that are there since Arosa. you aren´t allowed to stop before this marker anymore...

Halterekord.PNG

[​IMG]
    You, or the driver´s seat have to be in the middle of the marker or behind it. that leads to the infamous S6-bug on Rapid Transit, where the driver´s seat can´t reach the middle of the stop marker (because of the buffers...)

• Like Like x 8
  2. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

You're right. Sometimes you have to repeat yourself twice to validate the marker. In passenger mode, this sometimes requires closing the doors (because it is too fast). Or, at the limit of a red light at the risk of getting out.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Not sure what Arosa has to do with it, as I remember CSX Heavy Haul having the same annoying stop markers, right before a red signal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

It is up to who placed it.
    In that stream that was a few years ago for the editor, Matt has explained that it is up to who placed it, how accurate you need to be for when it counts.
    The allowance is WAY to tight these day's, unless you are living in Japan, a few meters/yards doesn't matter if you stop.

And yeah, there are markers in game now that it only triggers if you have the marker right onder the first bogie.
    For the Class 08 in GWE, it means you need to stop touching the buffers and for most newer releases you need to spend almost 60s more to park it correctly or there is a change you can spad.
    But then again, for some markers like the Class 52 at reading, you need to stop in the middle of the platform, making you leave coaches outside of the platform.

Maybe who ever creates those stops needs to check them before placing or the QA team should add a new check item. Check location of stop markers.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I also get the impression the location of markers get a tad messed up if the player decides that instead of sitting in the front cab driving the train in reverse, decides to shut off the cab, head over to the other cab, and drive the loco in forward. Which is something I frequently do when shunting without any wagons.

6. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Didn't notice that yet. On which routes does it happen? Maybe it also connected with that it is to strictly set?

7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think I've seen it happen on Tees Valley. Can't remember exactly.

But as it seems it's the player position which counts, instead of the train position, it does explain it.

8. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

No this is nothing new. This has been a problem since Sand Patch Grade. I don't know why you have to stop perfectly in a yard switching service.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Not a new issue. For freight trains you need to stop with part of your train on the marker but this usually has to be behind the driver, so going over the distance a bit is fine but you can’t stop short. This is an issue when the markers are close to the signals, also not really a new issue. Passenger stops are entirely different. For those you usually just need any part of your train to be at the platform for the stop to count. The difference between the two approaches is huge. Tolerances can be adjusted by the route creators but they are probably mainly left at the default settings, and the route creators could place the stop points further from the signals.