Seriously Dtg?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doublefine7, May 15, 2021.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

20210515190955_1.jpg Just one picture describes it all. Fix the markers. Either remove them or replace them with zones. But dont place them on red signals. Thanks.

• Like Like x 24
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I second this. I was running a timetable activity on Clinchfield earlier in the week which took several hours to complete and the end marker was less then a yard from the stop board on that track. Yes I did a SPAD. They need the zones in all cases in my opinion.

• Like Like x 13
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Looks a good two or three yards between the stop marker and the signal in that case.
    Given you'd have cautions on approach (so no surprise to see a red) this shouldn't be an issue

• Like Like x 5
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

For some reason the terminating stop on all the passenger services has been set up so that you need to go past the signal. It's almost like it has been accidently marked as a freight location

In all of these cases there is margin for error (unlike Clinchfield), however a realistic stop would be 20 meters away from the signal. Very few companies would advise you to get closer than this except in very special circumstances

• Like Like x 3
  5. doublefine7

This is not necessarily a point. The point is: I am standing right on the marker and it doesnt count. This is not how a marker is supposed to work and given the specific way the throttle of the BR 112 works, precise movement for some yards isnt that easy.

6. ARuscoe

From what I know the marker is stating where YOU have to be, ie the driver. In the screenshot the driver's head is a couple of feet back
    Glitchy throttles definitely wouldn't help in this instance
    I give you Strood platform 1 where the S board is about 2m away from the signal
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroo...2017)_Platform_1_465193_for_Rochester7583.JPG
    [​IMG]

7. doublefine7

It is still neither realistic nor helpful nor convenient in gamedesign aspects to make a marker that picky tbh. In germany it is this way: As long as you are not standing on a switch or somehow block other paths it is ok the not be on full point. Also in the game the markers are very often not respect the "Haltepunkt"-shield where the trains has to stop normally.

• Like Like x 8
  8. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

There's no consistency. Sometimes you can stop several meters away from it (check the freight services in HBK and HMA) while in other services you have to literally stop "on" the marker. CRR has this issue too.

Also if it's a passenger train and there's a colored mat (or whatever you call it) on the ground, sometimes you can stop at the other end of the platform. It counts. Even if nobody can board the train.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The stop markers definitely need to be improved. When at a red signal, they should be at least 20 feet from the signal, which gives people a much greater chance of stopping on time. I’ve SPAD many times despite being as careful as possible as sometimes the marker is just too close to the signal.

The blue stop marker could be an extension to the red, orange, green stopping guide (but visible on its own should you turn the other marker off) so that you can stop within a range of say 10 feet and still register the stop. Of course, where stop markers need to be more accurate, such as on turntables or short stations, it can be adjusted to reflect that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

11. ARuscoe

Having leant on the barrier there, I can tell you it's not

12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

+1 for zones

13. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Hence my comment about special circumstances. However, as a general instruction my comment still stands.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Yeah this is quite annoying. And this issue can be met on several routes here and there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That was sarcasm, right?

• Like Like x 3
  16. ARuscoe

Not really no.

17. Jesseblast

Jesseblast New Member

18. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Just to settle the back and forth here, as someone who’s worked on the UK railway for 5 years now, there are situations where stop boards are placed close to, or even next to a signal, however in these circumstances either the axel counter or next track circuit is purposely positioned further than the aspect in order to prevent SPAD’s, even in those situations though the distance is never more than a couple of meters.

The issue in TSW is how it detects your train since it seems to register any part of the train passing the signal, as opposed to the wheels. In some circumstances it even SPADS you when you are 2-3 meters away from the signal.

• Like Like x 6
  19. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Couldn’t even finish the run as they put the marker on the buffer. But they have testers apparently.

Attached Files:

20. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I will be bringing this up, as you have illustrated the issue quite clearly. I will get back to you with news when I have some to share.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  21. doublefine7

Thank you very much Nat :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

So a fix for this is already in the works. I don't have a timeframe for when it will be implemented but it is in testing now.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  23. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Great news.

• Like Like x 1
  24. doublefine7

Much appreciated Nat :)

25. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I was watching a TS video and the guy was stopping somewhere and he was claimed to have SPADded even though he had not even hit the buffer protected by the buffer signal. Uh, OK. Route in question was a DPS extension of some sort to ECML. Those signals should not even register as a SPAD and you should just have to watch your train derail for hitting the buffer.

Glad to see this one being fixed. Would be nice if TS issues got fixed too for older content.

• Like Like x 1