Köln Airport Link Route Extension - Available Now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Martin, May 3, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hey Railfans!

Drive into the new glass-roofed Köln Bonn Airport station in the new Köln Airport Link Route Extension! One of many sights you'll see from the driving seat of this new route extension for the West Rhine: Köln - Koblenz Route Add-On...

Pick it up today and savour the flavour of all the yards, cathedrals and challenging scenarios we can throw at you!

ROUTE EXTENSION
    The Köln Airport Link Route Extension Add-on brings extensive freight, airport shuttle and S-Bahn operations to the West Rhine: Köln Koblenz Route Add-On. You must own the West Rhine: Köln - Koblenz Route Add-On, which is a separate purchase, in order to play the content featured in this Route Extension.

Wow there's a lot to do to fill Jay's shoes....

Best wishes,
    Martin

• Like Like x 2
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Oh that’s what you guys meant by a new style. I think this method of requiring the original route is much much much more logical than releasing the extension as if it were its own route. This new way of doing it avoids that overlap and should make people happier. Going to get no more of this “wow I’m buying the same thing twice” or “unfair, people who didn’t buy the original get both for less!” which was getting quite bothersome.

Will other extensions (like Salt Lake) use this method from now on?

3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I would imagine DTG is sticking a toe in the water with this extension. If favourably received and sells a decent amount they'll probably do some more extensions. My guess is that extensions would be more more likely for addons that are already widely held.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tnleeuw

tnleeuw Active Member

I would have preferred an extension that actually extended the original route, keeping it as a single entry in the routes list, instead of copying over and making a second route icon...

• Like Like x 1