More Shunting Action On Rsn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by seblay1608, May 18, 2021.

1. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Ruhr-Sieg Nord have several sidings. With the DB BR 363 DLC, there is now shunting action on the route - but only in the area from Hagen to behind Hohenlimburg. Yes, that is the area with the most sidings, but the route is long. First, the services. They are great, the most is connecting together. A little issue is the fact, that the locos don't return to Hagen (at least the services are not listened). Another thing which would be nice is if you could use the Dosto formation which you build. When the train is finished, a loco drives on it and wait for the next regional train. When the train from Siegen/Finnentrop arrives, it gets on the siding. Some time later, this happens mirrored: The train from Finnentrop arrives, gets on the siding and becomes dismantled. That would be interesting in the day :). Back to the sidings. There are also shunting options in Letmathe, Plettenberg (in both you change your freight two times per day) and Elverlingsen. In Finnentrop there is a station to refuel the locos.

20210517164909_1.jpg

Elverlingsen (or however it is named) can only become arrive from direction Letmathe in the left track. I guess in reality the trains start(ed?) in Werdohl as a "Sperrfahrt" (lock drive?). This could be difficult in the normal timetable, so the trains could start at night in Letmathe with a diesel loco (BR 204, 232, 363 or 650) and drive to Elverlingsen, but that won't be realistic . I don't know what TSG do with the BR 232 on this route (shunting wouldn't be that accurate), but if the preservation crew comes to RSN, they may do also a new timetable for this route. In Detail:

50% of RE16 and 50% of RB91 trains with the DB BR 143 and Doppelstockwagen
    50% of RE16 and 50% of RB91 trains with the DB BR 425 (HRR layer)
    Freight trains from RSN (departure time not always at the same minute)
    Freight trains from HBK (HBK layer)
    Shunting action with the DB BR 363 (maybe BR 204 and BR 650 substitution?) on the whole route
    Optional: AI traffic in Hagen
    S5 and S8 services with the DB BR 422 (HRR or RRO layer)
    RE4 services with the DB BR 146.2 (MSB layer)
    RE7 services with the DB BR 112 or DB BR 442.2 (in reality 442.3 from National Express) (HBK / SKA layer)
    IC services with the DB BR 101
    Some ICE services with the DB BR 403 or DB BR 406 (SKA or HMA layer)

Ruhr-Sieg Nord has a great timetable yet, but there are some option to make it better

• Like Like x 8
  2. StratoCruizer

StratoCruizer New Member

i agree. Every route in Germany could use more shunting... (hijacking the topic. i was gonna buy RSN. worth it?)

3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Personally I enjoy RSN a lot (I do have both the 155 and 363, which add more life to the route, keep that in mind). It has very interesting freight services, and is mostly freight focused. The passenger services are there, but not that special in my opinion.

The route is an interesting challenge, with changing (and low) speed limits, some of which have to be aknowledged if you use PZB, which on heavy freight trains is a fun challenge. The scenery is also relatively good in my opinion.

If you're interested in freight, and possibily picking up the DLC locos for RSN on a sale, I'd definetely reccomend it.

• Like Like x 2