Found Something New/hidden? (class 20)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tynmar, May 12, 2021.

1. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

So I dusted off TVL/class 20 this evening and found something have never seen before on this loco.

high horn/low horn…..
    Hover slightly to the right and “rear horn” appears and the stick actually moved to the right and the sound even comes from elsewhere.

Have completed the journey so thought I was familiar but clearly not. Is this well known?

(yeah the F7 has read horn but makes zero different to where the sound is output)

anyone else care to share something that might be a rare or hidden gem loco or even route related? :)

2. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Ok so it’s sour grape central with nothing moving on the roadmap.. latest route failed, rush hour deep in dev. Why so serious? :o Am sure the next one there will be an article and maybe a date for Cathcart…

but seriously did everyone that may have glanced at this post know about rear horn option on the 20?

No funky hidden quirks found elsewhere on any train/route? Just trying to share some fun. What you may know, 100’s of others may not :cool:

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I've always thought the class 20 horn is the best one in the game but I've not noticed the rear horn option, probably because I use a keyboard to sound it. I'll have a look though, next time I'm up north. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

All UK horns in my experience only sound one horn sound when pressing the left stick down. To sound both you have to use the desk control.

5. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Yes, using the PS4 controller you can only produce one horn sound. I bought a cheap wireless keyboard, cost me about £10, and you can sound both low and high horn and a load of other options become available using it. I wouldn't play without it now. I would add that I still use the controller for most driving, the keyboard just makes camera selection and HUD customisation much easier. For example, in an unfamiliar locomotive, in the dark, you can just hit L and the cab light comes on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Using a keyboard for some functions is so much better, especially for camera options where you can zoom ahead much quicker than just using the controller and also for the 2 tone horns.

• Like Like x 2
  7. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your suggestions.

8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Only recently discovered that the train length indicator on the class 66 is functional.

9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

How does it work?

10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

At a speed change, press train length button it will beep once. Then will auto beep again when the rear of the train passes the same speed marker.
    Button is located on the same panel as the loco brake and slow speed set. To the Drivers left.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  11. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Yes, but thanks any way