PC Br 112 Breaking Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KampfKeks510, May 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. KampfKeks510

KampfKeks510 New Member

Hi,
    correct me if I'm wrong but the BR 112 breaks are way to soft. On 140km/h you almost need to do a full break when you get a vr0.
    Secondly the direct brakes in the br 112 aren't working.

• Like Like x 5
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I was already wondering why I overshot by almost 200 meters yesterday at almost every station. Thought I was too tired or something ...

• Like Like x 1
  3. joji

joji Member

Can confirm this as well. Breaks seem very off. Also, when there was a forced emergency break through PZB, you can't get the train going again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KampfKeks510

KampfKeks510 New Member

Really? I was able to get the train running again after pzb emergency break.

5. joji

joji Member

I was too, but only after completely shutting the train completely off and then powering it back up. I heard this multiple times here in the forum so I assumed it affects everyone.

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

There is an additional issue, which increases the impression of weak brakes.

If we do not use AFB for braking, but only the Train Brake (I always do this) - it happens (I do not know what it results from), the train simultaneously brakes, using air, at the same time trying to return to the statutory speed (AFB settings), providing tractive effort (you can see this on instruments as well as on the HUD). When braking to the station, you should move the Force Selector to the 0% position. Braking is much better then. Probably a bug. 143 didn't act that way.

EDIT blended braking is in this case "inverted" / without dynamic braking / with tractive effort in that place

therefore the train brakes sometimes very weakly - tractive effort counteracts (air) braking force

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2021-05-17 15-58-15.png

At first, the kNs are reset to zero, but later, instead of braking, we have the effect as shown in the picture

I did a few tries. To avoid this type of problem: when applying the brake, the Force Selector lever should be at 0% position. Could someone confirm this? I play on PC.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. raptor

raptor Member

I never had this, but the documentation of the 112/143 says: before braking you have to push the button "Freier Auslauf" before braking. this button is located at the speed pre-selector (the 112/143 don't have a AFB like the new Locos. ist's more a maximum speed selector).
    Unfortunately, this switch doesn't exist in tsw, but you can achive the same effect by reducing the power selector to 0. after that reduce the speed-preselector to the on position (on but speed diamant at 0) after that and when the gear show 0
    gear.png
    , you can start to break. it's an old locomotive, so you have to drive carfully. you have to look way ahead and plan, what you want to do.

there are old gdr school-videos explaing, how to use this loco but it's completely in german.
    (they are for the 143, but it's quite simulare to the 112)
    maybe it helps a bit.
    part 1

part 2

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Very good posting, raptor \o/ Extremely intriguing pieces of information. Thx for your effort ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. KampfKeks510

KampfKeks510 New Member

Could the same effect be achieved by turning the power selector off before braking? Thats what i do in game.

10. raptor

raptor Member

Zug Bremskraft wähler und Geschwindigkeitsvorwahlschalter.png
    i do it like this:
    when breaking for lower trackspeed:
    • power selector to 0;
    • speed pre selector to new trackspeed;
    • if speed restriction is above 90 kph:
      • power selector to 30% for initial breaking, then up to apropriated level
    • if speed restriction is below 90 kph:
      • apply train brakes with -0.5bar lowering of pressure in the HLL
      • then up to -1bar
      • add 30% to power selector, to support breaking with e-break
    when breaking for stop:
    • apply train brakes with -0.5bar lowering of pressure in the HLL
    • then up to -1bar
    • add 30% to power selector, to support breaking with e-break
    • when speed is below 40, power selector to 0 and speed pre selector to off
    • only break with airbreak to complete stop.
    hopefully, i could help you :)

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. KampfKeks510

KampfKeks510 New Member

Good to know. Thanks! :)