Ruhr-sieg Süd: Finnentrop - Siegen

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by seblay1608, May 18, 2021.

1. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

The route from Finnentrop to Siegen is the southern part of the Ruhr-Sieg route. It has a lenght of 55 km. To have a good start/end point for freight trains, you should build 3 km to Siegen Ost. If you are too fast done with the work, you may also build the 23 km long route from Finnentrop to Olpe (passenger branch line) = 81 km. There are several shunting options on this route.

My suggestion for a DLC:
    58 km route from Finnentrop to Siegen (with Siegen Ost)
    Optional: 23 km route from Finnentrop to Olpe
    DB BR 143 with n-Wagen
    DB BR 185.2 with freight
    DB BR 363 layer
    Optional: BR 640 (maybe as DLC, if you build the branch line)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

n-Wagen:
    [​IMG]

BR 640:
    [​IMG]

Siegen Hbf:
    [​IMG]

Kreuztal:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 27
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

If it comes with the BR 143, n-Wagen and the 640 as rolling stock, and the Olpen branch line, it would be an instant buy from me, with freight layering. However only the branch line would really provide 'new' gameplay, and that's the part that interests me.

It would also be a good candidate for route mergers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

RRO + RSN + RSS would make a mega Route

• Like Like x 7
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The southern part of RSN. If combined with RRO RSN and this route RSS the Bundle can be called Wuppertal to Siegen Rhine Sieg Railway. Also At Siegen RSS can join with Main Weser Bahn Frankfurt Siegen Portion. Basically there are three ways of getting Frankfurt to Wuppertal 1st is West Rhine Railway & Rhine Wupper Bahn via Mainz Köln since there is a suggestion for that here in this forum. Followed by Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein-Main then Rhein Wupper Bahn Both are suggested in the forums and 3rd is RRO RSN RSS Main Weser Bahn Frankfurt Siegen via Gißen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Although I'm sure this would be a cool route, it is yet another modern electrified German passenger route. I've already got enough of those in my collection.

Perhaps if it came with some interesting rolling stock, I might be interested, but not when it just uses the same trains I already have.

• Like Like x 2
  6. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Purno n-Wagen are the opposite of modern

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

There it is again, the desire to bring together two routes that do not fit together at all. Why not? Well, there is and never was a direct passenger train connection between Wuppertal and Finnentrop (Siegen), you always had to change trains in Hagen. The situation is not much different for freight trains. Most of the trains should first go to Hagen Vorhalle RBf and then be reassembled to continue towards Wuppertal, Bochum or Dortmund. So there is no direct connection either.

What is a good wish, however, is to continue the line from Hagen via Finnentrop to Siegen. Here, the Finnentrop-Olpe branch could also be included. The whole thing as a line from the 60s to the 80s with N cars, BR 110, BR 212 and VT 98 would be a real dream.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. sleepyeye#4548

sleepyeye#4548 New Member

It is simply not satisfactory to call a service Hagen-Siegen if the train does not go to Siegen. So it should actually be an upgrade from Ruhr Sieg Nord to Ruhr Sieg complete. Of course, having Siegen-Ost and Olpe as well would be the best. That wouldn't be purely electric. Especially if you also implement local shunting traffic (www.ksw-siegen.de)

9. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I mean, pretty much all routes have services that go off the route, and that is an understandable compromise. You can't build Hamburg Altona-München Hbf in game, but there are trains on KWG with that as their name.

On RSN I do think an extension is a very good idea, that could help revitalise the route aswell, as it's starting to show some age (although it's still very good). Doing something similar to SEHS where they extend the route, update it, give it a new timetable and release some more DLC for it could work really well, and I have also made my own suggestion for doing it in that way.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

That would be a nice extention! But with modern rolling stock!

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Modern stock on the route are the following Intercity 2220/2221 this is the DB Baureihe 147 and DB BR101 with cab car (Steuerwagen) Wrmz restaurant carriage. Freight 294 363 365 Rbf Siegen Kreuztal the whole route to Hagen Hbf & Rbf Hagen Vorhalle 185.2 186 193 Neu Vectron not the older Krokodil E93 151 189 C-Akv for the steel mills. Regional DB Baureihe 427-429 Filrt

• Like Like x 1
  12. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Sounds nice!

13. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

That would be a great idea but I would like to see Dovetail give Ruhr-seignord the TSW 3 Southeastern High Speed extended treatment by adding the section to the dlc and rename it the Ruhr-Seig Railway.