German Freight Expansion Pack (siemens Es64f4 + Waggons)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jo_Kim, Apr 27, 2021.

?
  1. Open Hopper Car (Falns 183)

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Open Box Car (Eanos-x 059)

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. Bogie Flat Car for Slabs (Sa(l)mmnps 706)

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Bogie Flat Car for Containers and Tubular Cargo (Rglns 673)

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  5. Heavy Open Hopper Car (Falrrs 152.2)

8 vote(s)
    18.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

This is a suggestion to enhance diversity for freight services on all German routes. I'll suggest a freight locomotive and five different freight cars. Whilst five might be too many for one pack I've put a survey in so you can choose your favourites (2 votes allowed). The main focus of this pack lies on the Ruhr area because most German routes are based there and it's an area with dense freight traffic, especially with products from and to steelworks.

BR 189 (Siemens ES64F4)
    Quick Facts:
    Built: 2003-05
    Certified countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Czechia, Romania, Hungary
    Max. Speed: 140km/h
    Weight: 87t
    Power: 6400kW
    Max. Pull Force: 300kN

History and Details:

Let's start with the locomotive. This is the BR 189 (Siemens ES64F4), the modern heavy hauler of the German network. Built by Siemens on the basis of the BR 152 (ES64F) this locomotive can be mostly seen in international or heavyweight services across Germany. The main operators are DB, MRCE and the national operator of Switzerland SBB. As most German locomotives of this era, the BR 189 also shares the design of the AEG 12X and ES64P and all its various descendants.

DB's locomotives 01-60 are equipped with four pantographs whilst locomotives 61-89 are only equipped with two and are only used inside Germany.

C-AKv Coupler:
    Some of DB's 189s are equipped with the automatic C-AKv coupler, which allows these locos to haul the nicknamed "Erzbomber (Ore Bomber)" service to steelworks in the Ruhr area and further south to the Saar steelworks. These were implemented due to too high tension on the classic couplers which wouldn't withstand service on these trains for long.
    C-AKv stands for "Compact - Automatische Kupplung vereinfacht (Compact - Automatic Coupler simplified)" and is a descendant from the older AK69e coupler. It can be coupled with the traditional UIC-standard coupling (screw type), the Russian SA-3 coupler and all types of UIC-automatic couplers.

Gallery:
    DB (BR 189)
    [​IMG]
    MRCE (E 189)
    [​IMG]
    SBB (Re 474)
    [​IMG]
    C-AKv coupler
    [​IMG]

BR 189 Cab
    [​IMG]

Videos:
    German documentation:

5000t Erzbomber:

Open Hopper Car (Falns 183)
    Quick Facts:
    Built: 1981-92
    Max. Speed: (Empty) 120km/h / (Loaded) 100km/h
    Empty Weight: 25t
    Main Cargo: Ore, Coal
    (not used in the Erzbomber service)

[​IMG]

Open Box Car (Eanos-x 059)
    Quick Facts:
    Built: 2000-02
    Empty Weight: 23,9t
    Main Cargo: Scrap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bogie Flat Car for Slabs (Sa(l)mmnps 706)

Quick Facts:
    Built: 1987-92
    Empty Weight: 28t
    Main Cargo: Hot Steel Slabs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bogie Flat Car for Containers and Tubular Cargo (Rglns 673)

Quick Facts:
    Built: 2010
    Empty Weight: 22,7t
    Main Cargo: Tubular Cargo, Containers, Military Vehicles

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heavy Open Hopper Car (Falrrs 152.2)
    Quick Facts:
    Built: 2011-12
    Empty Weight: 68.5t
    Main Cargo: Ore
    (used in the Erzbomber service)

152_6861_625_b.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and I voted for both Falrrs152 & Rglns 673 to give the German route more varied wagons. On the other hand a Falrrs with C-Akv couplers have a yellow warning triangle painted on the sides. Give the player a true opportunity to operate a True PZB Mode U 55 km/h with in 23 seconds because when fully loaded in a double header formation of DB BR189s with 6 kilotons max weight of a loaded Falrrs 152 from Iron Ore Cargo.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  3. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Edit: I've added details about the C-AKv coupler, change some pictures and added technical diagrams about the waggons.

4. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

I 100% support this suggestion, a freight pack would definitely add much-needed variety to german routes.

We’ve only received TWO new german freight wagons in the last TWO years.
    The ‘Sggmrss’ container wagon with RRO and the ‘Uacns’ with the 363.

A freight-focused german route would also be very welcome. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Yes! This is a great loco that has to appear in TSW at some point as the german network expands. There's a clear lack of german freight locos and wagons so it would be very welcome.
    But I wouldn't mind getting the 189 as a part of a new route with actually fun freight services as the only good ones at the moment are on RSN (and kinda MSB) and we are only getting passenger routes.

I also voted for Eanos-x wagons as open box cars have many different uses and should have been introduced a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

I've planned the 189 as an add-on because it really fits in the Ruhr area but I'm hoping that we're also getting more diverse German routes, which would mean that we're leaving this area. But a loco and two waggons could also be delivered with a new route so it depends on DTG how they want to add this into the game, both versions are equally acceptable.

7. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Please note: Since I've talked about the famous Erzbomber in my suggestion I thought it would also be nice to have the correct waggons for this train. I've added the Falrrs 152.2 to the list and to the survey. You can change your votes in favour of the correct rolling stock.

8. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

It would be good if the vectron would also be included since its also pulling freight

9. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Great suggestion! I would definitely buy it! The heavier the freight, the better, IMO.

I voted for the Eanos and Falrrs- the Rglns would be my third choice. So is the Eanos similar to a US gondola car? That is, there is no roof, right? It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but i assume from the description that scrap is the main cargo.

I would like to try my hand at Mode U, though tbh i rarely get through a run without a penalty brake as it is- i'm getting better though!

10. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Yes, the Eanos has no roof. That's what the E stands for, all open freight waggons with standard construction start their designation with E.
    I don't know how similar they are to their American counterparts from a technical point of view, but they at least look very similar.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I think a pack with the 189 or 193 Vectron, in either MRCE or DB liveries could be a great fit for Riesa - Dresden, as a lot can be seen there due to the proximity of the Czech border, which requires multisystem locos to cross.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

tbh i would like something with TX due to the fact MRCE and DB already exists in game and also TX operates in many countries