No Overhead Wire Service 89412 Hll ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by KoeleKoen, May 19, 2021.

1. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Anyone else who noticed the front end of the BR155 is not under any wire? You have to change the panto in the engine room to get the rear one lifted (which is under wire)...an issue on my end or another fun bug in the hamburg route? 20210519203016_1.jpg

2. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

On several tsw routes there are pieces of overhead wire missing, LGV on the departere track near the yard, HMA, HKA

3. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

El 6 - stop for vehicles with pantograph lifted
    el6.gif
    There are many of these on HBK, but Rutger is right, sometimes the catenary is just missing.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Catenary has a whole bunch of problems, missing field probably being the most apparent one. You can also sometimes (especially on HMA) see sudden drops in its height, it going in a straight line for a while (it should zig-zag a bit to prevent local wear on the pantograph), disconnects, etc.

5. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

This is another disappointment with this route. After Arosa I was hoping DTG would up their game with regard to catenary. Rivet did an excellent job in that department.

6. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

When centenary ends its never left like that in real life. Each end is secured to a pole with tension weights puling the cable. As the there is at least a tone of force in the catenary cables as kept by the automatic tension system you would never leave a wire like that.

Speaking about the wire tension system something that is mandatory for every electrified rail at least in EU, did you ever seen one in TSW?
    This are formed by a special pulleys and weight system placed on poles at a certain distance that maintain the overhead wires under tension

[​IMG] .

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Yes, I know that, I'm from Germany and these stones hang here in many places, just as you described.
    I mentioned El 6 without looking at the scenario first. That's why I assumed that KoeleKoen has passed El 6.
    But I looked at the scenario afterwards and it is definitely a bug. However, it has no effect and you can still go. But it is still not nice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’m not sure about Arosa but every DTG route in TSW the wire the stops abruptly with no crossovers or new sections of wires every x miles. I think DTG need to give the catenary system more care and attention.

• Like Like x 4
  9. dbrunner#4864

That's what i tough also. From preserved routes to newer ones there is no crossover or tension elements on any of the catenary systems. It is a real shame since the centenary is as important as the rail itself, imagine going over switches were the line just goes one into the other without the switch itself.

Arosa does not count, its such a horrible route that even whit highly realistic centenary its not redeemable

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  10. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

you are incorrect on so many levels... for that particular sentence. However, you are completely correct with your first paragraph. The catenary is a key component for the current German routes. and it makes no sense (to me) that DTG has not improved this aspect at all.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. dbrunner#4864

Not really. Ugly scenery, washed out textures, hideous freight cars sounds. But if you enjoy it good for you.