Wow! Class 465

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mr heff, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Spongebob

Spongebob New Member

Seriously impressed with the 465, still driving it loads. Great work DTG. I hope the 313 will be of the same quality.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mdh757

mdh757 Member

I would think there is a very good chance of you getting your wish. Or something similar. I've been wondering what other route we will get to use it on. I think everything we've learned about Dovetail so far suggests that they aren't going to go to the trouble of developing a train that we can only use on half a route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

Class 465 is indeed a nice train to drive...

4. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Route extensions are probably not going to happen for the time being, but I’d still welcome a separate route for London Victoria - Gillingham. It would be a sensible route to make once they’ve done the Victoria hub for Brighton Main Line.

In my opinion it’s always great to have routes letting us experience the urban sprawl of London, especially after learning how the high speed section between St. Pancras and Dagenham are basically two massive tunnels separated by one submerged station.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

High speed lines are always going to be pretty boring scenery wise because the whole idea is they get out into empty space and speed up.
    Can't do that when weaving between the tourist spots.

Many high speed rail systems don't even go into the major cities except at each end, thus avoiding the slow bits

• Like Like x 2