Nec New York-new Haven Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, May 20, 2021.

1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

In the description of the route it says that features "Metro-North Harlem Line and New Haven Line", and my question if those lines are included in there full lenght or just sections?

2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

The New Haven Line is fully done from Grand Central - New Haven Union/New Haven State Street.
    The Harlem Line is the section that the New Haven line uses between Mott Haven, where the Hudson Line splits off the main, and Woodlawn, where the NH line splits, the Harlem line only extends two more stops to Mount Vernon West, where it becomes portals. The focus of the route is the NEC/NH Line, so there isn't much reason to extend the Harlem Line any further.

In summary:
    New Haven Line - Yes
    Harlem Line - No; only the portion that needs to be represented

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Thanks, i see that the Canaan branch is included as well. Only the M8 runs on the New Haven Line?

5. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Sometimes P32AC-DMs will run through during rush hours I think for trains on the other two diesel branches, the Danbury and Waterbury branches, but otherwise it's only M8s. There used to be M2/M4/M6 EMUs that ran the line as well, (it's also available as a DLC in fact) but have since been replaced and retired.

• Helpful Helpful x 1