Sd70ace Union Pacific

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by WildeMotte85, May 15, 2018.

1. WildeMotte85

WildeMotte85 New Member

Hello
    I recently purchased the SD70ACE package for the Union Pacific including the D&RGW heritage livery.
    I tested the locomotive after the purchase on Sherman Hill starting at Hermosa downhill to Laramie, the locomotive's dynamic brake caused derailment several times.
    I returned it to Steam and they gave me my cash back.
    I hope you can look into the source of this issue and patch the locomotive because driving a train which derails by the own brakes makes absolute no fun.

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Many old locomotives have broken dynamic brakes. I see almost no chance of them getting fixed by DTG, but if it really is that big of a problem for you, you could have just downloaded one of those physics mods. I don't know if there's one for the UP SD70s though.

3. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

This is one of my favorite locomotives in real life and it was certainly disappointing to me when I bought it because of how poorly it operates in the game. An update is in order for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Would you mind dropping us a ticket in to Customer Support so we can get it booked in on our internal bug tracker.

Many thanks, Steve

5. WildeMotte85

WildeMotte85 New Member

I don't know the bug in detail, the dynamic brake is not working.
    You can try it out on any mountain route downhill, activate the brake it will not slow down the train, if you increase the amperes, it will derail.

6. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Hi Steve, thanks for replying to this thread.

I used to submit a ticket for problems/bugs I would find with DLC, but to be honest I simply got tired of having to do it and never see anything get fixed that I had reported. I realize nothing will ever be 100% perfect, and I don't expect perfection, but at the same time we are paying customers, not beta testers. Dovetail even had the audacity to make us pay to beta test TSW for them, which I fell victim to and wish I had never done.

I can tell you with 100% honesty that the continued release of content with a lot of bugs then constantly asking us, the paying customers just to report these bugs on paid for content has been a major reason why I have bought very little DLC in the past year, I think I have purchased 1 item, I used to buy quite a bit on a regular basis. I've been thinking about buying the Solider Summit extension, I'm just tired of spending my money and being disappointed.

7. dwtrain21

dwtrain21 Member

You won't be disappointed with the extension (at least I'm not)

8. WildeMotte85

WildeMotte85 New Member

Hello dwtrain21!
    Does the extension offer full quickdrive compatibility or is it broken like the Steam reviews say?

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  9. dwtrain21

dwtrain21 Member

I think I got a quick drive to work. Let me go double check...

10. dwtrain21

dwtrain21 Member

I'm making the run from Provo to Salt Lake with a custom consist. The scenario loads and seems to work alright. No static consists or AI trains, though. What exactly is supposed to go wrong with the QD scenarios?