Diesel Legends For The Peninsula Corridor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dedh98mosqueto, May 20, 2021.

1. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

This should be self explanatory, but if you don't get it here is a basic break down. It is the same route but with older rolling stock and engines. The route could be the same company as Caltrain owned some old engines left over from southern pacific before getting the modern engines they use today. Here is the link listing every engine used on the peninsula corridor(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Peninsula_Commute_locomotives). The freight engines are also the same that is already there. They just need to be repainted to the late Southern Pacific Black Widow livery. To sum this up, this is pretty much the Diesel Legends for the Great Western, but with Caltrain. Please let me know in the comments what you think or what should be added and/or subtracted.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I don't think its gonna work, at that time, the Southern Pacific Bi-Levels that were used on the route did NOT have cab cars, which means the trains would have to be turned on each end of the route, which is currently impossible on the current route, due to the track where this happen in San Francisco were torn out, and are not featured in the current route.

Southern Pacific's Black Widow Scheme was LONG GONE by the time Caltrain came around, SP was done with that scheme in the late 1950's

• Like Like x 1
  3. dedh98mosqueto

It looked like the the livery, but just red and grey. Also out of all the scenarios I have played on that route never required to operate the train northbound then operate it back southbound. Might I add that the Diesel Legends for the Great Western can't run around and are not required to even without an escape track at the end of the line.

4. Blacknred81

That the bloody nose scheme.
    SP_4451_4450_and_3187_Lenzen_Apr_85xRP_-_Flickr_-_drewj1946.jpg

5. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

So.... if you are saying DTG should do a "Diesel Legends of San Francisco" DLC pack that includes new content, like completely new trains from a different era (maybe even a "bygone era") - then Oh My Facebooking Google yes.... BRING IT ON.... (and why not slap in a lovely re-skinned GP 38 or three to boot... and anything to do with spiders sounds great....!).

But, I am afraid that DTG has probably already ear-marked the "Diesel Legends of San Francisco" concept as a $50 DLC to include a slightly different livery for the Baby Bullet - say a slightly sun-soaked faded red........ with a broken modified timetable layer, giving you new chances to try and "pay to play" your favourite TSW content (that you have already paid for) in abject misery.... just like they did with the Diesel Legends pack for GWE..... ;-O

6. dedh98mosqueto

Thanks. Some pictures I found had a mixture of single and bi level commuter cars. While others had all single or bi level commuter cars.

7. dedh98mosqueto

Hey, it will include some new rolling stock and engine if they time it between 1950 and 1960. Yes, I did pull this of a website other then Wikipedia.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

My ideas: FM H-24-66 Trainmaster, SD7/SD9, GP7/9, Alco RSD15, FP7 A/F7B

9. Blacknred81

The single level equipment IIRC was retired after SP gave up the operations to Caltrains. More info on those can be found here: http://espee.railfan.net/commute_cars.html

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for the F7B it just needs a Reskin from CSX the license owner of Clinchfield into Southern Pacific license owner is Union Pacific for the route.

11. dedh98mosqueto

Thanks, I really hope they make this after thinks lighten up.