New Jersey Transit Comet V Coach

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tswgamerts, May 21, 2021.

1. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Something that would I like to be out is the Comet V coach version for NJT. This is the only type of coach we are missing. For example, the U34ch has Comet I cab car and Comet I Coaches, this morristown line comes with the Comet IV Cab car and has it's own comet IV coaches. Only the Comet V doesn't have it, and there are actual comet v coaches. Why not make comet v coach version since all the others have one and to not use just cab cars if you want to make a custom consist. Because here is the thing, when using all cab cars and you want to turn on the bell, all of them turn on but with comet v coaches no sound but cabcar. Sure comet v also carry comet iv, but this video will show around the end of the train a comet v coach.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Here is the link to the video

3. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I do agree that there should be a Comet V oriented consists, the problem is where are no official NJT diesel routes. Only the Port Jervis line by Minerman, so DTG doesn't need to make one. I do remember somewhere that someone made a "Comet V coach" that used a rolling stock script so that way your aforementioned issue would not occur, though I don't exactly remember where to get it from.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  4. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good point and I did have a suggestion for this for train simulator world 2 that is the Raritan Valley Line. That route is going to be useful in the game because you can merge it with North Jersey coast line and Northeast Corridor New York New Haven on Steam Workshop. how about the Atlantic City Line that one has the GP40 in normal service but the PL42AC cannot be operated there due to vibration issues.

6. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Well you can technically just build off of the North Jersey Coast Line, which I'm sure someone will do for when the time comes for a community route.

7. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Agreed

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct because one of the north Jersey coast line trains connect to a Reverse peak train in the morning towards Raritan Station it's a South Amboy service.

9. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Cool