Other Maple Leaf Motoring Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rail Nation, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Rail Nation

Rail Nation Member

i was playing Maple Leaf Motoring scenario in TSW2 CN Oakville Subdivision and i coupled up to the cars and tried to pull the train but the cars were to heavy i tried every thing to get the train moving again but nothing worked

2. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the first cars you couple up (there's only 5 or so?), not a problem to pull them once you set everything up right in the locos. Just make sure you have your cut-off and mu-2a vales set right.

3. Rail Nation

Rail Nation Member

no when you get all the cars that it tells you to and i had everything set right

4. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

its an infamous case of the "angle lever bug" that affects everyone
    (edit) remove the profanity filter on c**k when used next to angle DTG Protagonist

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...this is a known issue with that scenario in TSW 2020- unfortunately DTG never resolved it in 2020, so it looks like this now affects TSW 2 as well. All you have to do if you run into this problem, is uncouple the original set of 5 autoracks from the larger group of autoracks in the main yard, then couple them up again. This resolves the issue every time for me.

(This problem centers around the brake pipe pressure never building up enough to release the brakes in the rest of the autoracks after coupling up the first set of 5 cars to them... uncoupling and recoupling the first set of 5 cars from the rest of the train allows the brake pipe pressure to build enough in the rest of the train to then release the brakes.)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

no, its the angle lever bug, DTG simulated the angle levers on interconnecting cars but the player cant use them, there is a long standing bug where the angle levers do not actuate, this can happen to anyone at any time (I had it happen on a 377 service that involves coupling) but this just so happens to be a universal case of such bug.

7. Stockton Rails

...we are both correct actually- it is the angle levers (controlled by game AI) which occasionally fail to open after coupling up cars, thus preventing brake pipe pressure from building up in the rear set of cars. I heard this same explanation from Matt on a video a few months back- he talked about how the developers were having a hard time tracking down what’s actually causing this because the problem is so intermittent. I didn’t want to make my response to the OP too long, otherwise I would’ve added all of this info.

I actually opened up a bug and ticket for this issue after I initially ran into it... if DTG hadn’t given up on addressing bugs in 2020, this issue might not have appeared in TSW 2. Which makes me wonder how many of the bugs in TSW 2 will appear in TSW 3, etc. That story yet to play out.

8. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

You actually saved my day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stockton Rails

…thanks for the note, glad to be of help. Maybe (just maybe) one of these days, DTG will finally resolve this issue… hopefully before we reach TSW 4. One can only hope with this company.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. redgiggsy

redgiggsy New Member

Another thanks from me for the uncouple recouple tip. Finally able to progress this scenario.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Still an issue, never fixed.

12. dtg_jan

dtg_jan Community Manager Staff Member

Hey all,

can you confirm that this is still an issue that is ongoing?
    If so, is it limited to the scenario the OP mentioned or have you noticed this with other trains as well?

Thanks,

Jan

13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

So far just this scenario, Jan.

14. dtg_jan

dtg_jan Community Manager Staff Member

Thank you OldVern, I'll have a look through our ticketing system and see if it has been raised before. If not I will create a ticket myself.

• Helpful Helpful x 1