Train Sim World: Rush Hour

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 4, 2021.

1. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

No freight on that section I'm pretty sure. Made 2 technical reports. Your game prob will work, everyone else seems to be posting new things still.

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There is.

3. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Maybe I’m wrong here, but I believe the freight services on East Coastway run part of their journey on a long section of the Brighton Main Line, as they go between the Acton yard and Newhaven. If so, fingers crossed those freight services will present a Brighton Main Line layer for ECW owners. Perhaps it has already been brought up.

• Like Like x 5
  4. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

There is freight, run mostly by CSX GP’s, which we have in the game and could see added as a layer hopefully. Another thing I’m curious about is whether or not we’ll see the new F40 or the older one. They overhauled them a couple years ago.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It's an F40PH-3

6. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

Sorry if asked before but does BR Class 313 run on Brighton main line irl?

7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

No, it doesn’t.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  8. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

My little concern about freight layers is that in the steam page for Rush Hour, the ICE and IC layers are advertised for Reisa-Dresden. Meanwhile, there is nothing advertising freight layers for the other 2 routes! Please, DTG, remember to include freight layers so that a true service diversity can be achieved on all 3 routes!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

No, but we might see them as AI in Brighton.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect much, the entire Rush Hour concept is based around passenger service.

• Like Like x 3
  11. jeremydunn8

The past few British passenger-focused routes have had freight, so this one probably will too. The only concern is that they never seem to add freight layers on American routes. Even if it's not the main focus, I'd still love to see it, both for driving and for passing by while driving another service.

12. jeremydunn8

It's based around frequent service and a general concept of having more rail traffic than they did in previous routes. Freight service would add to the "hustle and bustle" of these routes.

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

??

Every US route released to date has either had freight included (Penn Corr, old NEC) or been freight only (Sand Patch, Oakdale,* Clinchfield, Cane Creek) with the exception of LIRR- which has virtually none in real life.

*Yes, I know it's actually in Canada

• Like Like x 3
  14. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

The consoles already struggle with busy timetables and layers (see HMA). I think they will skip freight to maximize the number of passengers and passenger services without impacting performance on the consoles.

15. jeremydunn8

Huh, not sure what I was talking about. One thing that is true though is that there hasn’t really been separate layers from other routes in America.

I don’t really think it’s too bad for consoles to add freight though. They were able to have many services with the Peninsula Corridor, so I’d imagine if they put in freight it would be fine. I fully expect them not to include it though, not sure why but I have a gut feeling.

16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

What? Oh no, I've missed a second Canadian release? :o /s (off course) :D

17. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

Doesn't NY&A run some freight in LIRR irl?

18. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yes along with the MTA LIRR EMD MP15AC.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sinnere

sinnere Active Member

Where'd you get that from? NY&A freight runs along the LIRR pretty much daily.

• Like Like x 2
  20. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

please have Ps5 trophy tracking on the Ps5 version. I can't stand all these "Ps5 upgrades" that exclude Ps5 features.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ChxosHorizon

ChxosHorizon New Member

So I will have to purchase this as an extra DLC or will that be a free update for everyone?

22. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Rush Hour is a DLC bundle, so you can buy it, but you're not under any ONUS to

There is also the annual main core update which will be released at the same time (or near time) which will be free but that's not new routes or trains, but this year is likely to be a core update to UE4.26 and a few other features

• Like Like x 1
  23. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Yes this is true. Additionally, there are other places along the line which sees freight, albeit not much. For example, in real life you will see a freight train that goes to the asphalt works between Three Bridges and Gatwick. Again it's not much but would really add to the immersion of a couple driveable/AI services as per reality.

The Rush Hour concept is based from DTG's marketing strategy of passenger-based gameplay. Though I highly doubt this means excluding all freight traffic as it defeats the object of simulating the real world railway which features passenger and freight (see above regarding Brighton Main Line). It would mean adding the relevant layers for those with the DLC, a thing they should rightly implement as I expect many people want to use different locos on the Rush Hour routes which doesn't involve scenario planner.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H19873/2021-05-21/detailed

If you mean this service, it runs around at Haywards Heath and then runs North past Clapham, branching off at Latchmere Junction, which to me would be a very interesting run!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

With the new passengers, are they also adopting to weather (i.e. have an umbrella or winter jacket)? Or will it just be new dresses in different colours? Cause I feel like people having an umbrella when it rains and not wearing shorts in winter would be more important than different coloured shirts.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The 313 does not do services to London , but there will be AI services going out towards seaford for those who own the loco

• Like Like x 2
  27. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

we're getting the F40PH-3C which is the rebuilds that the MBTA is still doing currently on there F40PH-2C

28. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that?

29. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

On the roadmap stream on the 4th of may

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. jeremydunn8

Alright. If I remember correctly those are the ones with the E-Bells and the newer livery.

31. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

yup that's the one but the question is will it have e-bell audio or is just going to modeled on the train but it'll have mechanical bell audio like the CN GP38-2 does on Oakville Subdivision

32. jeremydunn8

If they didn’t change the audio it would also have the Caltrain horn, so presumably they’ll redo it.

33. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

yes, that’s what I meant... potentially AI services running on both the east and west coastway...

• Like Like x 2
  34. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I'm tentatively looking forward to the reviews. I unloaded my TSW2 some months ago, bored with the sterility of it all. Even the one route I was excited about, The Bakerloo Line, got dull very quickly. Too many green lights ahead.

London to Brighton is the 2nd route. Finally, tight schedules, double yellow runs (even in timetable mode) and even a fix available for the sky that made this meteorologist feel rage every time I looked up. It's likely a good time to find some hard drive space.

• Like Like x 3
  35. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

Do you think there would ever be a chance of getting an AEM-7 as a dlc for NEC Boston? I think it could be the same as diesel legends backdating that route. It would be a very welcome addition.

• Like Like x 4
  36. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

It has so much more personality than the ACS-64, and wore many liveries through its service. There's a preserved example in PA, one in Illinois, and interestingly, Caltrain have two for testing their new overhead electrification system. As DTG seem to have had a really good relationship with Caltrain in developing Pen Corridor, maybe they would be able to make some collaborative magic happen to bring the AEM-7 back to life (at least virtually).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. tallboy7648

The only way to get a aem 7 is if the route is set in 2018 as all Amtrak aem-7s no longer run on Amtrak and were retired in 2018 with most being scrapped. I suspect the route will be set in early 2020

38. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

I know I essentially live on it, but I meant backdating the route as they did with diesel legends.

• Like Like x 1
  39. jeremydunn8

40. tallboy7648

I wouldn´t be suprised if the route is set in 2019 early 2020 or even 2021

• Like Like x 1
  41. Timothy

Timothy New Member

it will be on Xbox one as well?

• Like Like x 2
  42. HollyJScarrott

HollyJScarrott New Member

Yes, Rush Hour, and the Core update will be on Xbox One as well. Although it won't look as pretty as PC or Series, it'll run the best it can on the hardware!

43. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Thats true, but we all got to wait until thursday for core update as its being released same day as boston sprinter

44. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

So the CORE update did not happen today (Tuesday).

• Like Like x 1
  45. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Nope so instead it will happen on Thursday now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

DTG are either being super confident that there will be no problems or are being very complacent. I was highly sceptical of them releasing two days before a route, wanting more time. And now all at the same time?

Luckily I have a decent connection and not interested in the route but surely those with slower connections will have trouble given everyone else will be downloading at the same time?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  47. Michael Newbury

I hope there will be no problems, but being someone who deals with updates nothing is ever full proof. There can always be problems but I am hoping that this will not be the case.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  48. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I agree, I am hoping for the best smooth release of the CORE update and the route being released on all console generations.

[Generally]
    Let's not get a similar issue we had with the "Rocky" M3 release on Xbox specifically last year.

Let's say the M3 release was pretty rocky for Xbox players. A delay in purchases and the store updatees made the M3 temporarily unavailable, Microsoft's store also didn't render the DLC as a complete purchase as well. The problem was eventually resolved within 6 hours.

1 day to go people.
    If you missed the preview streams, they are linked below via Youtube:
    Stream 1: Aug 5th, 2021
    Stream 2: Aug 12th, 2021

• Like Like x 3
  49. Michael Newbury

I am really hoping for the best as well and I think that DTG also wants this to go smooth. Today was just a small bump in the road and everyone in the forums did a great job at remaining civil and polite. Natalie even mentioned on the stream today that she was surprised at how well everyone acted on the forums.

• Like Like x 5
  50. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

The question here is why is it so quiet. Is it because everyone has just accepted or maybe more and more people are fed up with all the bad news that came with rush hour, losing their interest in RH and TSW and /or just holding their breath awaiting the big crash on thursday, when the last thing that could go wrong surely will go absolutely wrong.

A strong and maybe loud discussion show big emotions towards something. So almost no discussion / reaction to it can be a sign, that there are no emotions left for this rush hour thing.

• Like Like x 6