Hamburg - Lübeck - Sigh

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ASRGT, May 14, 2021.

1. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The same with Essen Hbf and the A40 Autobahn.
    DTG is terrible with all this missing stuff.
    It’s never got fixed by Dovetail with the Buildings. 202541E2-D7D9-4C6E-9C95-5C082A3CF87D.jpeg

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. drfish#1012

drfish#1012 Member

Glad I didn't pre-order this. DTG are going to realise soon they will have to offer 90% discount on new stuff as no one will dare take the plunger anymore. and do what I am now doing which is waiting for reviews.

Tried Rapid Transit 3 times since the update, had one loco that would not move, another whose brakes appeared to have been taken off and signal issues on another go. Won't go back to that again ever now probably.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

As I said in another thread, visually the route is really nice, stations are modelled beautifully, it’s really a nice route with a good mix of traffic.

PZB magnets being broken, unfortunately, completely ruins the immersion

• Like Like x 2
  4. PuuvillaneMats

PuuvillaneMats Member

This happens if You don't follow scenario rolling stock requirements. That's not a fault of AP if someone do not read rolling stock requirement list before buying scenario pack. I'm making scenarios myself and don't need any scenario packs. Creating scenarios is pretty easy job. At least basic scenarios. If You want something more complex then opprtunity is to buy payware scenarios but scenario creator dictates the rolling stock.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PuuvillaneMats

PuuvillaneMats Member

That's an old problem - DTG's modellers are doing great job, but technical side is so weak that killes all this beauty. Like I said - TSW is just a train modelling program - forget simulation side - it's very weak and faulty.

• Like Like x 4
  6. cp1400

cp1400 Member

And the fact it isn't new is even worse, because there has been time to finally bring out a better product and even fix the old ones.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

OK, I bought a pack two years ago, it ran the DTG 321 units. I then update it today. APs update BREAKS the scenarios by now requiring that you need their 321 (and probably most other products they sell)

So please don't try to push it back onto others that AP's policy is to constantly require more and more of their own product

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to this route, bought it but im not so thrilled. While Driving the BR101 the game crashed 18 km before reaching Lubeck. The sounds of the BR 112 are looping , cracking and not very loud. The Dosto is losing power all the time. Cannot enter the train at certain doors as they are too low for the platform. The scenery looks very nice though but i miss the immersion. Its at the level of going back in time and drive the Rurh Sieg Nord route.:(

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Re the Dosto losing power, just check this isn’t the 112 cutting the power, when you apply too much throttle

• Like Like x 1
  10. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Even under 60% the power Is almost lose.
    It’s a huge Bug.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Yeah it appears to be another bug to add to the list for the 112.

Also add coming into Lübeck with RE services there is a speed reduction to 60 1000hz is not active however it is active on the repeater signal ... not sure that's correct either.

Also there is a speed reduction mid route from 160 -> 90 then instantly back up to 110 the 90 reduction should be for the siding not for the mainline but its enforced on the mainline from the cab rides i have seen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. neerbos

neerbos New Member

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Got to admit HBL looks good, but had I not fallen asleep driving the 112 (2hours plus) I may have requested a refund.

• Like Like x 4
  14. joji

joji Member

Requested a refund already, what an absolute disappointment and disrespect towards paying customers this is. Not going to buy any DLCs anymore unless I can be absolutely sure they're usable.

• Like Like x 8
  15. joji

joji Member

Steam doesn't count DLC play time seperately, so can absolutely try you luck!

• Like Like x 1
  16. joji

joji Member

Looks like it but accoring to the map, the general speed limit is completely false then. It shows – which some exceptions like the 90 limit – a 160 limit between Wandsbek and Luebeck. In the game it's 140 almost for the entire route.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

With the number of issues this route has you will probably get a refund if you ask for it no matter how long you have played.

• Like Like x 3
  18. neerbos

neerbos New Member

The way I see it the track has a MAXIMUM limit of 160 almost the entire route. It is limited to lower speeds in many sections.
    Zoom in close and you can see the 10, 12, 14 etc signs all over the route.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

No idea if openmaps is accurate or if there has been line upgrades between the cab ride videos and present day or what time exactly DTG reference is based on just seems odd that on this section in videos there is no reduction to 90 for the mainline only for the upcoming 110.

16011090.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. neerbos

neerbos New Member

Yes that is rather contradictive. As we are not fully aware of which snapshot DTG took when creating the route we can only guess.
    Could it be that they have build the route copying the information from the TS version?

• Like Like x 3
  21. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

One explanation is that HHL in TSW2 is modelled for a past time period. This explanation is strengthened by the fact that BR101 is used on the route.

Another explanation is that they didn't have the time/resources to update their information. I know that they stated in the dev video for SEHS that they needed to update a lot of stuff because the TS20xx version was outdated, maybe they couldn't (didn't want to?) do that for this route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Does the dlc have the two hour limit? I’ve played more than this but disappointed so would like to try to refund

• Like Like x 1
  23. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I don't know if there are exceptions, but I believe the refund threshold for Steam refunds is 2 hours play.

24. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

In order to have a refund through Steam you have to not exceed 2 hours gaming on the raw game (TSW 2) after the purchase of a dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  25. chieflongshin

Thanks guys. No more day ones for me. :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  26. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

You can give it a try. Steam usually refunds the DLC if it has the kind of issues this one has. Don't forget to tell them the issues and that DTG can not confirm that they are going to fix it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. chieflongshin

Well the request has gone over. See what happens I guess. Let’s see what rush hour throws up and whether I vote for that with wallet

• Like Like x 1
  28. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

But it is the fault of AP in requiring the customer to buy a laundry list of their very, very, very expensive DLC just to make a route playable. Sheer money-grubbing

• Like Like x 2
  29. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Good job no one is forcing you to buy his products then, a terrible crime that he wants to promote his business and living isn't it? And the accusation that his product is very very very expensive is very subjective, one persons expensive is another persons bargain. You can spend one hell of a lot of cash on hobbies like scuba diving or model railways etc, personally, I think its good value for money in comparison.
    Besides what is stopping you from getting into the editor or picking up RWTools and swapping it out yourself? If you can't be arsed then that's nobodies fault but your own.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

This message is the exact reason why DTG is not stepping up with the quality of its products.

• Like Like x 12
  31. PeterNeutron

PeterNeutron Active Member

My 2 cents:

Unless DTG has fixed the gameplay braking Bugs on the Hamburg Lübeck route, meaning the wrong PZB magnets, and the other ones regarding the rolling stuff, I will, by any means, not buy the Rush Hour DLC!

I seriously hope other people will follow this and we as a community stand together and incist that DTG will fix the serious flaws in theire DLCs in time which is not Months or years like we have already seen in other DLCs.

Maybe one day, I'll be able to drive the Freight Exchange Scenario i paid for on the MSB route

• Like Like x 6
  32. pbandyopadhyay29

pbandyopadhyay29 Member

I feel like for routes where cab ride videos like these exist there is no real reason why the scenery should be off. Some of the HMA scenery may be missing too but the buildings coming out of Hamburg are very different. And I noticed some different speed limits too but maybe that's because of the route vs video time frames. The time needed to create an unique building for one part of a route is a limitation for sure and I guess it comes down to different people's tolerances for this stuff.

Overall it is noticeable if I have these kind of videos as a reference or if I was a local.

BTW this channel has a couple of cab ride videos that cover RRO, RSN and part of MSB as the in game version is a bit older. Cool to see the routes in real life as I'm not a local. These ones look very nicely recreated in TSW.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNLlR8wGbXNVVT_IAwI8qpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. TilmannB

TilmannB New Member

Hmm ... I think, the problem ist, when all make a refund, they can not build or repair things. They have build it, not all perfect, but we can use it. I have not give this DLC back, because I hope, they fix it, and then they need my money. With 29,95€ alone can you not give time in this projects with so much programmer for this game. When you find fails, take a ticket. That it the best way, I think. I also can't think so, that it is really cheaper, when you must repair and fix it after release. So I don't understand, why did they have not enough Beta Testers? Also for PZB and other things... But without DTG we become no new content in this game. We are both dependent on each other ... Without Money they can't build new DLCs, without DLCs is TSW death... And they do very much fixes on other tracks, so I think, would they also fix that, when we help there to find the problems.

• Like Like x 4
  34. cp1400

cp1400 Member

Yeah I also don't know how you could have so many visual errors on a route when you have so much visual material that basically shows off the route pretty well. Vegetation, buildings... But as you said. I'm afraid it's true that creating specific assets that are unique (Buildings, Vegetation) take up too much time so it's basically a work/cost + revenue calculation.

• Like Like x 1
  35. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Although I do agree HHL was a hot mess, and that DTG still needs to fix current issues, I think I'll base my decistion to buy or not buy Rush Hour, on the quality of itself, and not that of other routes, as I won't deny myself a good route bundle because other routes aren't good. If you wan't to see HHL fixed, you should give it a bad (but a fair) review, and refund it if possible in my opinion.

That being said, if Rush Hours has the same issues with PZB and the reused rolling stock not even being an improvement, I will of course think twice before even considering buying it.

• Like Like x 6
  36. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Accurately recreating every building is a bit too much to ask in my opinion, from the comparisons I've seen it looks like the built up areas look similar, while being obviously not 100% accurate, making a different 3d model for every house in the world is not a great business plan or a good use of time and resources, and an extremely few number of people will notice it and even fewer will be bothered. There are some exceptions, like Essen Hbf which just doesn't look like it's in the middle of a big city, and to a lesser extent the area around Leipzig Hbf, but actually the area around Hamburg looks authentic enough, not a perfect 1:1 recreation but it looks right, same for Munich in HMA.

• Like Like x 5
  37. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

When I'm pulling into a city, I don't have time to admire the skyline. I'm focused on signals and speed, while trying to brake enough (but not too much).

I typically only get to admire how buildings look when I'm walking around outside the train (such as doing collectables).

Since most of my time is spent driving, I don't mind that DTG spends more time on cab realism, and less on authentic city recreation.

Between stations, the scenery can be stunning, and has caused me to overlook a speed limit or such as I've admired the view.

• Like Like x 3
  38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Actually, the empty skyline behind the Hauptbahnhof detracts enormously for me. It would be like doing Cologne without the cathedral.

• Like Like x 6
  39. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

just going to say look forward to when the use of photogrammetry for distance scenery is more common place.
    It can yield some amazing results its just horribly time consuming currently around the post process times, having to get clean uvs ect ect is a pain in the backside but the workflow for using 3d photogrammetry is improving slowly.

But if one day the use of such data could be used to build up the distance scenery in place of the current methods it would go along way to help cement routes as real location and not as big of a pain in the backside if used exclusively for distance scenery imo.

upload_2021-5-20_12-8-22.png

upload_2021-5-20_12-11-8.png

• Like Like x 2
  40. pbandyopadhyay29

pbandyopadhyay29 Member

I agree but after a few runs the upcoming speed limits and braking points can start to become routine, as they should, and the eye starts to wander a bit more.Even coming into a busy station like Munich there are a couple of things to look out for like a 60kph restriction on a yellow signal that got me once but now I know where it is and I'm just looking around elsewhere until I know I'm close to it.

But definitely agree that cab realism is more important than a couple of unique buildings.

41. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Oh, never mind--not really worth replying.

42. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

I've actually really enjoyed this route for the past week. While I'm usually quite into bashing DTG and their uneven releases, and while the bugs in this one are unfortunate, I don't feel that they are that egregious as it seems from the feedback. Of course, PZB bugs are very bad, but as opposed to the state of the LIRR post update, this route is at the very least playable. And, most importantly for me, it is a complete, end to end route, finally. I am so over every service ending at a middle-of-nowhere station mid-route and watching your train leave for greener pastures without you. Also, the passengers on this one seem to be behaving better than on any other TSW route so far, as far as I can tell. They don't all escape the train as if there's a fire the moment you open the doors at the beginning of the service, and they don't fall through platforms, and don't stay on the train when you're taking it out of service. While the bugs certainly need to be fixed, I'm not refunding this one. Compared to some other routes on TSW, it seems to be in pretty good shape to me. But to each his own, I guess :cool:

• Like Like x 1