Controller: Low Sensitivity

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RGoodellSr, Sep 27, 2020.

1. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

I recently discovered that I could set switches from the map view, what a dream come true!

it was at that same time that I realized my earlier suspicions about controller sensitivity we're absolutely true.

The lowest sensitivity setting for the Xbox controller needs to be much less sensitive. It can be quite a challenge to zero in on a switch in the map view. I've often thought the same thing about trying to hit some of the smaller controls inside of the cabs.

Please reduce the sensitivity for the lowest setting in the next update, that would really make the game a lot more enjoyable and just a little less frustrating at times.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Agree with this, less of a problem on the other maps, but Sand Patch Grade was a nightmare. Some of the switches are so close it’s impossible to select one of them over the other. Maybe an ‘auto-snap’ to closest and then left/right switches between the closest ones.

• Like Like x 6
  3. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

Yeh definitely needs to be lower.
    A work around for anyone with an Elite 2 controller is to take off the thumbsticks and screw in the little screw that's underneath them. This stiffens up the sticks and makes controlling everything a whole load easier!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I can't promise this will be modified by the next update, however it will be looked into.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

Is there no way to make it abit more automatic. Like when you get close to a points switch on the map it locks onto it, move the stick a little and it will snap onto the next one etc. Would also be good for cab controls. I dont play shooting games but similar to how they use auto aim that iv seen on some, where you generally look at your target but dont have to be bang on it and it still locks onto it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. box215

box215 Active Member

You can also use the external camera to operate switches (just like with coupling/uncoupling)
    Very easy to use with the free camera when using classic controls

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Dejin

Dejin New Member

Wow, that didn’t even occur to me. I’m going to have to try that. That sounds way handier than climbing out of the cab and jogging over to the switches and then having to climb back in to the cab.

8. Teza

Teza Member

Yes, you don't need to jump out of the train, and the map shows the path the switches will take in blue
    and the path you need to take the train in light blue to your next point or stop at location.
    so you can set all switches before you even move the train,

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

The ‘snap to’ is a really good idea. Perhaps that could be an option to turn on or off.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Trainoob

Trainoob New Member

Yes, controller sensitivity is my main problem. I have the sensitivity as low as it can go via the in game slider but it's still too hyper. Nearly impossible to put the cursor on train buttons without overshooting 5 times. Adding a deadzone or acceleration slider would be great, the cursor is way too twitchy at the moment.

• Like Like x 5
  11. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

I totally agree!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep, the sensitivity needs to be dialled down or the interactive target zones need to be bigger so they’re easier to select. This is especially true for fiddly buttons on the displays etc.

• Like Like x 3
  13. NQuarter

NQuarter Member

How did this "looking into" go?

• Like Like x 4
  14. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

A sensitivity slider with a very broad range is always a good idea for a lot of stuff but especially something originally designed for mouse controls.

• Like Like x 1
  15. megatestone1

megatestone1 New Member

Koln - Aachen is also a problem. I can't use LZB and AFB normally.

16. Princess Entrapta

There are basically two workarounds which are either to use the keyboard camera controls (If your XBox has one) to toggle between fullscreen views of specific banks of switches (Especially useful on the locos with electronic displays) or from the driver's seat view to simply zoom the camera in and out to affect how far the cursor moves relative to the switches,

17. jaceiondalen

jaceiondalen New Member

I dont play shooting games but similar to how they use auto aim that iv seen on some, where you generally look at your target but dont have to be bang on it and it still locks onto it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Princess Entrapta

The thing with aim assist is it can be a right nuisance when you are trying to target something and the aim keeps drifting to something next to it.

19. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

The best solution would probably a hardly noticable snap - function which doesn't prevent the player from switching to the next button. I agree this could be quite tricky to implement as TSWs buttons are often closer together as some opponents in shooters...
    ... maybe the Far Cry 6 system would be a start, I find it very encouraging. And if Ubi can do it, so can DTG ;) :D

20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Exactly. In my opinion, what we need is a better (logarithmic) scale for the analogue stick input and preferably and lower sensitivity while in zoom.

• Like Like x 1