PlayStation Peninsula Corridor: Water Missing From The Bay Area

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Suomen surkein junakuski, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

c83d9492-3486-4288-99b0-676c350cec5b.jpeg

10b3a005-f606-4dc6-9745-7c8e005f3dfd.jpeg
    The pictures above pretty much explain it all. In the Ps4-version of the game, the Bay Area is entirely missing water. This affects both scenarios and the service mode, and it has been the case since the launch of the route on TSW2020 in 2019.
    Based on what I have seen from videos, that others have made, this issue doesn't appear on Pc. When it comes to Xbox, I don't know if it has this bug, or not. Probably it has, as the console versions seem to be pretty similar.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. EpilepticWeasel

EpilepticWeasel Active Member

Xbox has this same bug and has since I bought the route months ago. Thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

Its been this way since its original release on TSW2020. I think its safe to assume they have no plans of ever fixing it.

4. Suomen surkein junakuski

It certainly is a bit weird, that they haven't fixed a bug this visible in about 1 and a half years. It might be, because not many people have reported about it. Or at least I haven't seen many people talking about this at the forums. I myself didn't report it earlier, as I was waiting for the preservation crew to start working on this route. Today, when I saw it again, I just couldn't wait anymore, and desided to report it. If the fix for this doesn't show up in the roadmap when they start to work with this route, I'll probably post this again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Ok, that's embarrassing. I was wondering why San Francisco looks like radioactive wasteland

The Preserve Team seems ready to revise routes again. You saw that in the last roadmap stream. Adam showed pictures of the New Aschaffenburg Harbor. Maybe that's already on Adam's list of fixes. We can only wait for the Penninsula Corridor to be repaired

• Like Like x 2
  6. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

We have been waiting for this since the route was released. There was never any water visible, with the only exception when it was raining. XD

And btw, will there be any ships in the Aschaffenburg harbour now, or will it be still 100% empty?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bobbobberdd

Adam only showed us 2 pictures. I have no idea what else the team did to improve the port. Sorry

8. bobbobberdd

These are the two pictures (screenshot from the stream) if you want to check it yourself Adam and Sam show and explain the pictures at about 1h: 9min in the Last Roadmapstream Screenshot_2021-04-11-19-46-48-730.jpeg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Thx for the pics. Alas the improvements don't seem to involve seaborn vehicles ... what a pity, a harbour without any ships.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  10. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...reported this issue over a year ago for TSW 2020. I found an old collage that I did back then. Maybe it's helpful again.

San Francisco Bay water texture bug.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Suomen surkein junakuski

That's interesting. I didn't know that the water could be made visible by using the free camera. Guess, I have to try it out next time I play it. I remember seeing your report some time ago, and it is really disapointing that the bug still isn't fixed. However otherwise I really like the Peninsula Corridor and it is one of my favourite routes in TSW2.

12. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...look up the Brisbane Lagoon (in Brisbane, CA USA just south of SF) on google maps- their pic clearly shows all of the water in this lagoon. The lagoon is directly connected to the SF bay immediately to the east, and the water in the lagoon rises and falls as the bay waters rise and fall. If the free camera in the route shows water in this lagoon, but the in-cab view does not, then this is clearly a bug. As to whether or not DTG will ever fix this long standing issue, I have no idea... this issue has been around a long time, and clearly they’ve done nothing about it. My bet is they’ll continue to ignore it, as they’ve done with so many other things.

13. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...I did the camera movement in TSW 2020, maybe you can't see the water in TSW 2, because of the newer game engine. I guess it's related to the available RAM resources of the current console generation. The bay area water texture looks really nice and includes dynamic wind patterns, that could be the reason why it isn't shown at all. But no water on consoles is also no solution either.

14. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Adam's team will repair and modify individual DLCs. I also found a few bugs, but I'll wait for Adam's team to work on this DLC.

15. Suomen surkein junakuski

Yeah. This is most likely going to be fixed, when Adam's team starts to work with the route. Sam mentioned this bug in yesterday's stream, so they are definitely aware of it. We just have to wait for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Just gonna mention that the water does now exist there

17. Suomen surkein junakuski

d6c5d276-147c-48bd-8e1b-82a4e7736515.jpeg
    It doesn't. A screenshot from today:

18. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

I confirm, nothing changed, SINCE AUGUST 2019. If we're lucky enough, we'll see some fix in 2045...

19. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I blame global warming.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CowBoyWolf

21. Suomen surkein junakuski

Are you playing on Pc? The water bug only affects consoles.

22. CowBoyWolf

Yup PC but the bug has also affected PC before

23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That might be so, but claiming it has been fixed on a Playstation specific bug report isn’t helpful, if you only know about the PC version.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I never understood why the water is so brownish on this part of Peninsula Corridor. I mean in most routes it's blue as it reflect the skybox. Is the route using an older method for water with no reflections of the sky?