Livery Designer Upgrades

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainsimplayer, May 23, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Hello all, this is a small-ish suggestion however I feel it to be of great importance.
    As a common user of the Livery Designer - with it actually being a driving factor in me buying TSW2 - I think it could do with a little refresh.
    Contents
    • Logos
    • Decals
    • Numbering
    • Copying Liveries
    Logos
    The Logos Section of the designer is one that Frustrates me. It's good however I feel it would make more sense to have more options with Licensed Logos.
    For Example, in the Logos section you would be able to have One-Layer, full logos of Train Operating Companies in the game.
    If you owned Southeastern Highspeed, you could get the Southeastern Text Logo: southeastern-vector-logo.png
    And the high-speed variant, as well as the 'se' logo.
    This would really help in recreating real liveries with logos.

Decals
    Similarly to the previous point, Decals are really quite important to me as well.
    Things such as the Class 395's 'Javelin' Decal would be nice to have.
    Or the 'Great Western Railway' and 'A FirstGroup Company' from GWE, or the 'SBahn Mittelyouknowtherest' from those routes.

Numbering
    Numbering on Re-skinned trains is one hell of a pain.
    Trains all have random numbers on them in game, based on class and variant,
    however re-skinned trains do not, for whatever reason, have these, meaning the user must add them themselves, which means you would end up with the same number repeating across trains.

Copying Liveries
    This Feature would be really helpful with Liveries which are similar but have differences.
    It would mean that rather than having to remake - and risk messing up - a second version of a livery you could just copy the original and have a second copy.

Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 4
  2. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I would also like to see being able to put a Livery from one Train to a similar one like 377 - 375 or SD40-2 - GP38-2

• Like Like x 2
  3. EmilJorgensen

EmilJorgensen New Member

I would very much like to have a function like a filter when entering timetable-mode, where (for each loco/coach present in the timetable) you could choose what liveries would appear! It is so very demotivating to spend ages on a livery, and then seeing it in mixed formations, or hardly not at all.

For me, the beauty of the Livery Designer is to be able to create your own fictional operators etc. but this illusion breaks when you then see your livery as well as the “original” livery.

I want to be able to only see my version of the BR182 with my version of dostos, without seeing any “Traffic Red” variants.

4. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

one that would be great too is that u can choose if u wanne add liverys to a consist (db br 182 + dosto's or only the 182), that u can write text and then choose colour, seize,... so that the text is the same seize and is on one line. They alrdey talked about numbering and they would have a look into that, copying liverys would be amazing too!

5. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

Adding text to train in livery designer is very long time taking process. That's why I'm suggesting a text tool for livery designer. Then you can just type the text and choose a good font for it and then insert it to the train.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1