Peninsula Corridor Improvement Suggestions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, May 5, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Here are some of the improvements/fixes I’d like to see in the Peninsula Corridor route:

FAO TrainSim-Adam
    1. Service 143 from Diridon to San Francisco can’t be completed with the switcher DLC installed because the included ‘Special Train’ causes a blockage on the approach to San Francisco.
    2. Some of the assets load in incredibly late, including a highway overpass (I can’t remember exactly where).
    3. No water when near the coastline section of the route.
    4. In cab textures have gone wonky, they need fixing.
    5. Train sounds have gone wonky, they need fixing.
    6. PIS
    If I think of anymore, I’ll add them as separate posts to the thread. Feel free to add to this thread too.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

DTG- in response to item 3 listed in the above post:

The water in the ‘Brisbane Lagoon’ as it’s called rises and falls in sync with the water in the adjacent San Francisco bay, since they’re both directly connected- this lagoon is never empty. Check out pics of this area on Google Maps for more info. Also- the lagoon is shown without water when viewed from inside the cab... but if you view it using an external camera, then the lagoon is shown with water in it (I have not confirmed this myself, but have read about this in other posts here- maybe you guys can verify this on your end).

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Well, last week I did a service in the F40PH and it had no engine sound whatsoever. Was a very weird trip. Felt like I was driving the cabcar iso the loco :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Is that special train the one with 2 locos?

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The route is extremely stuttery and laggy on standard PS4 especially at the crowded stations. It held up very well in TSW2020 but is shockingly bad in TSW2. It is the worst route for this, and the performance is far below what should be expected. That needs looking into.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep. The Martin Luther King special train.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Number 3 is so laughable, like did anyone actually test this route in cab view at that section?

• Like Like x 1
  8. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Bought Peninsula Corridor on the Playstation Store sale and I can only agree with the suggestions in this thread. In particular, the audio seems unreal (no pun intended), as the noise level in the cab of the Diesel engines (F40PH and MP38H) is less than in a German EMU. If things like the audio are fixed, this could become one of my favourite routes.

Also, when driving the GP38-2 and the MP36H, the rectangle with the power setting is always red instead of white (although the train can actually be driven).

As I wrote, without those flaws, that could be a great route.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. KoeleKoen

Headlights of crossing trains pop in late and are a bit too bright, also there's some clipping of the f40 into san jose platforms

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Active Member

I've never seen water in that bay in-game, whether I've been using the cab view, or the external camera.

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Me neither. It was only when looking at the route on Google Maps I realised water was meant to be there.

12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

PIS for Peninsula Corridor. Don´t add the wrong designed pis for this route. Take the time to put the actual design because clearly after the feedback from the lirr pis, it was not appreciated that the wrong design was put in place. Please don´t do another copy/paste from sehs and if they are unable to add the correct pis, don´t add it at all

13. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I have noticed this as well.
    Peninsula Corridor worked perfectly with it's predecessor. But in the current version it is lacking a lot and stutters like crazy. Even on PS5 some stuttering occurs.
    Peninsula Corridor needs another upgrade to fix these issues as well as PIS. But considering the work done on the LIRR route I am very skeptical.
    Although Peninsula Corridor still remains (for me) one if not my favorite route in the game.
    It was also one of the original longest and most complete routes in the game.
    Also the loading times are crazy long for Peninsula Corridor on PS4. I have counted for roughly 2-3 min max loading for Peninsula Corridor.
    But nonetheless, I still enjoy the route even if it's still in need of an upgrade.

14. KoeleKoen

-another issue GP38-2 has no casting light from headlights,they shine but don't light up anything.
    -Also had some instances where I couldn't shut of the F40,nor the engine or the battery have any effect

Both these issues don't excist in TSW2020.