Cab Displays On German Locos

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by roysto25, May 24, 2021.

1. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Just accidentally hit on a series of tubes of various German locos on the Zusi3 sim. The graphics (scenery etc) are nothing special, but I was interested to see that most of the loco cabs had all displays working - GSM-R radio and the three digital displays, including the Fahrplan display (don't remember what that is called, but has speeds, distance marker, stops, lzb start and end etc). I have seen user mods for the latter display for TSW2 (again don't remember where) but nothing on DTG releases. My question is why do so many locos in TSW2 - not just german - have blank displays? From my point of view, these would add much more to immersion than PIS displays - don't spend much time walking around platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I believe these would fall into the category "Do it right or not at all", whereas resources for the first seem to be missing at the moment, so this might take a while, if ever, to be implemented :) Which is fair, if they get to do for example the EbuLa system, the community would expect it to be the real deal, and that will take some time and patience.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

It's indeed not something DTG don't know about. When they find a suitable solution they'd probably love to do something like this, as it does really sell the immersion.

4. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Those are really cool and interesting features and details in Zusi, but it seems that TSW prioritizes things like the "livery designer" and "scenario planner" instead of realistic features and functions that a simulator needs.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Ebula could be herzlich willkommen in TSW \o/
    ZUSI is good in some aspects.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

What annoys me is the 143 screen in TSW2. It's just a white block in the cab now. In TSW2020, while it was not functional it looked better.

7. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

The 'lack of resources' thing I find really annoying - there were people 6 or 7 years ago writing code to extract performance data from railworks (i.e. Trainsim 2014) to display in a pop-up or external tablet facsimile of the Ebula screen - beyond my coding knowledge, unfortunately. I would have thought that Matt or one of his cohorts was aware of and monitoring that activity. Matt has said that elements in the loco that do not add directly to the driving experience have low priority, but the Ebula would make a huge improvement for those wishing to drive without the HUD. GSM-R I accept adds little, although AP has done it on some of their enhancement packs.