Are The Ts Steam Forums Being Ignored Now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axe, May 20, 2018.

1. Axe

Axe New Member

Hello everyone. Good day to you.

I and many members on the TS Steam forums realise and accept there have been some DTG in-house changes made and perhaps still being made. We have seen a few posts by DTG Cryss where he has posted a few times on TSW and a couple of times on the TS forums but nothing for a while. He honestly said he wasn't sure what the future will hold with regard to the community manager on the Steam TS forums and that is fair enough.

With that in mind I made a thread simply asking a few questions in this regard and and a little more all in the name of TS in the future. I think it is fair for us to ask and therefore I have done so. But now, after a number of days with no reply the thread as usual has decended into the usual relative chat sadly diluting the real reason of my post in the first place.

Because of that I feel I need to ask here if the Steam TS forums are now being ignored or is it because DTG haven't yet assigned a community manager or is there just no intent to do so? Surely it's one of these?

This is my first post here and hope you can answer me and also on the Steam forums in the thread I speak of - where frankly a basic few questions are being asked and sadly official communication is conspicuous by it's absence. I'm sure this is just an oversight so I look forword to hearing further your plans within that thread.
    Thankyou for reading.

Axe.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

It's a bit unfair to suggest that the Steam TS forum is being ignored, for a very long time there was no TS forum here, it has only been around for a very short while.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I think that many of the people on the Steam forum were t surprised when the OPs thread wasn’t answered - and it was posted more than once.

‘I made a thread simply asking a few questions’

I think quite a few people didn’t agree that the thread was that docile. For example

‘The major problems arise from the fact that DTG DLC seems to become available for sale in a broken state, with major basic problems at the fore.’

And

‘Should we expect/hope for a little more quality, god forbid respect, with regard to DTG's attitude to TS customers to be at least reflected in the poor DLC you are pumping out to fund your future within their/your company?’

So, I think it’s not unreasonable to ask if DTG are going to contribute to the Steam forum going forward, and if not their thoughts on a suitable future moderator. However the unanswered post isn’t exactly what is described here.

Generally the Steam forum seems to be working pretty well on its own. User questions about issues with the game tend to be answered quickly with (giving him some credit) the OP being one of the main responders to those questions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

The forum is dependant on it's members, and at the moment there are not many posting. It's success is down to us.

5. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello there!
    Pure nostalgia is right, it does depend on the playerbase. Furthermore, TSW is much more attractive for the most of the players, so they will post there.
    But hey, after all, I and a couple other community members are still active on the TS forums, so it's not totally abandoned ;)

Cheers,
    ProfCreeptonius

6. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

First, allow me to welcome you to the forums here Axe, great to have you on-board.

Whilst we have people monitoring the Steam forums, we currently have no dedicated individual that leads the charge in responding on them as yet. It is our intention to recruit for the Community Manager role though we're still in the midst of interviews of potential candidates. I'm sure you can appreciate that this can and does take some time.

In the meantime, whilst we're working to find the person who can fill the role, you can help us greatly by making us aware of threads that you think we need to respond on or should be aware of. You can direct message either myself, or TrainSim-Martin on the forums here and provide us with a link to the thread.

Thanks for taking the time to post here and I hope the above answers your question.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Axe

Axe New Member

@
    davejc64
    "It's a bit unfair to suggest that the Steam TS forum is being ignored, for a very long time there was no TS forum here, it has only been around for a very short while"

When I link the thread I am talking about you will see what I mean.
    ---------------------------------------
    @
    Medellinexpat

Hmmm, I think that many of the people on the Steam forum were t surprised when the OPs thread wasn’t answered - and it was posted more than once.
    "

‘I made a thread simply asking a few questions’

I think quite a few people didn’t agree that the thread was that docile. For example

‘The major problems arise from the fact that DTG DLC seems to become available for sale in a broken state, with major basic problems at the fore.’

And

‘Should we expect/hope for a little more quality, god forbid respect, with regard to DTG's attitude to TS customers to be at least reflected in the poor DLC you are pumping out to fund your future within their/your company?’

So, I think it’s not unreasonable to ask if DTG are going to contribute to the Steam forum going forward, and if not their thoughts on a suitable future moderator. However the unanswered post isn’t exactly what is described here.

Generally the Steam forum seems to be working pretty well on its own. User questions about issues with the game tend to be answered quickly with (giving him some credit) the OP being one of the main responders to those questions."

I wasn't surprised it wasn't answered either... sorta proved my point and my expectation. Yes indeed it is far more about TS forums being ignored. Perhaps the title could have been 'different' but I was hoping keep the tone down because I knew I would be posting the link. I can do without the troll starting again as well...

It was posted twice because the first thread was full of whining and abuse, used to be called spamming and trolling... (Those in agreement with the OP posted in the first attempt before it all started) Also in the first thread was me posting the genuine heartfelt reasons I made the thread but to no avail. It all just carried on from a particular pair who were there just to discredit me.There are clearly people there whose intent wasn't to discuss the subject matter and just rubbished my OP to the point I just gave up and started a new one hoping they would stop the spamming.
    ----------------------------------------

TrainSim-Steve

Thanks TS-Steve. Good to be here and thanks for all the replies.
    I will link you to the thread I posted. Please free to read it all but the rest once again has turned into other posts about other generalised issues.

This thread was made in the context of particular recent failures of DLC and upon a massive disappointment with DTG and the TS side with much of this being going on for years as openly can be read accross and within those steam forums. Also because suddenly DTG-Jay was gone and wondered about that too.This is not at all out of the blue and certainly is not a rant or anything of the ilk which has been thrown at me. It really sums up my feelings and others and if we didn't care and have a love of the game I think we would all just stand there together and moan and gripe like usual. Some would like to get some things changed.

I'd like to add the tone of my post is absolutely how I wanted it to be and I don't hold back because it is relevant to the feeling of myself and others who have been around TS for long enough to know what 'living' with TS is like and the sheer amount of simmering discontent.

Thanks for all the comments and for reading.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/2828702373009625059/

EDITS. Clarity & spelling.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  8. Axe

Axe New Member

My apologies TrainSim-Steve

I have just realised I omitted the threads I mentioned that highlighted the recent build up of TS DLC failures that have sparked this discontent to a new level and the lack of understanding and disillusionment - which has resulted ultimately in the questions being asked in the OP posted here.

Please read the following to understand further this discontent as shown by Steam forum members:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Broken DTG/RSC/STEAM DLC - Not Scenarios - As of 15-04-18

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/3211505894110959876/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DON'T BUY THE NEW VIRGIN BR Class 390 'Pendolino' - It's Knackered!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/3211505894121988276/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Woodhead, patch released. Is it working for all?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/1693788384145189038/

----------------

It was great to read Jay was happy with us feeding back with these posts.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  9. Axe

Axe New Member

@
    TrainSim-Steve

I am just wondering after this small amount of time time whether you have anything to say with regards to the main link I have posted and have made clear here within this thread?

Here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/2828702373009625059/

Like I do say within that thread if you feel it isn't worth a reply or if you have nothing to say now or at a perhaps later date then I am perfectly happy to not follow this path of questioning and will drop it immediately. But a reply would be required for me to know where I stand.

It is this lack of communication on the steam forums which is frustrating and now posting on your desired official forums is at present no more worthwhile. Apologies if you intend to post later but I am just asking for an ounce of professional honesty here please just so I know I am not being ignored...again.

Regards Axe

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  10. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Axe,

I have certainly raised the thread with the right people who will be taking it forward from here. I'm sure you can appreciate that we're a bit short handed right now and there are other people that are out of the office that need to be involved - so please bear with us.

Best, Steve

11. Axe

Axe New Member

Hi Steve.
    Thanks so much for your reply, I certainly do understand their are 'changes' being made which are obviously far more worthy of DTG's attention so I'll just wait for a further reply and/or bump the thread just as a reminder if necessary.

Much appreciated

Rob

12. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Well hello Axe.
    You found us all then...
    Your turn to hide now........

13. Axe

Axe New Member

Well now Dean055

I wasn't looking for anyone so no, I havent found anything or anyone. I have known about these forums since around Sept 2017 so nothing to find really...
    Considering you know, I have no idea who you are and I've never been good with cryptic posts it seems to me it's you that feels the need to hide, as I certainly am not. It's not me who is posting under an unknown (to me) pseudonym as you are aware.

If you want to post here in the same manner then you can do so obviously, but sadly I won't be replying. I have asked a simple few questions which nobody other than DTG are qualified to answer so thanks but there is nothing I care to hear from other members. Or should I say nothing I feel I will need to answer, from other members as this isn't a general discussion thread anyone can answer other than DTG staff.

Thanks , sorry I couldn't help...

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  14. adkad

adkad New Member

If, as you say, it is not a general discussion thread why did you post it under general discussion? If it is just for the DTG staff why not just write them directly? I certainly hope, as you have come over here, that you will not be posting toxic messages as you have in the past, and will treat all members with respect, even those who disagree with you. I have my doubts though.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Axe

Axe New Member

I posted it here because I wanted to highlight the thread in the TS forums which was being ignored, you are just being pedantic. Do you think I should have posted it in an innapropriate forum? Have I not said that you are obviously open to post here, but I don't care less your opinion on me or your post as it is irrelevant to my interest?

Look, and listen up. I don''t care what you think of me, I don't care less you feel aggrieved and I don't care to listen to yet another member who is hiding behind a mask. And neither do I care to be accused of things that just are not true, just because you don't like me. Couldn't we all do that as a cheap jibe, no evidenced required...? How many times do I have to say I don't care less, let alone being accused of your personal opinions?

Neither do I care to be accused in advance and brought to some supposed justice by any member as to how I decide to behave here, least of all the ones that are happy to post and hide with regard to what I may or not post here in the future. Got that? I haven't 'come over here' and I don't care less your tone about what I can and can't say and how I may choose to say it as it's none of your business OK?
    The only people I care to tell me what I can and can't do is "Boss" and you aint that ok matey?

Good. I only hope I have to say it once so have made that abundantly clear.

The sad thing you are guilty of is playing the man and not the ball and that is a shame on you and not me. But of course it's lost on you... and you'll carry on I know...

So carry on but please know I do not take orders from you or anyone else other than "Boss". I don't care about your doubts LOL. Did you think I would Mr mystery man? LOL. If you all don't like me then say so at the time in the relevant thread as you know I won't back off instead of holding all the angst and using it later where no one even know what you are talking about? Get it out your system and move along happy knowing you have said your bit. This continual trail of disgruntled slug-slime you drag behind you is yours, not mine. Deal with it and move on as all you look like now is some butthurt fool having a crisis from past events.

Anyone else missing the fact that I have made myself more than clear and perhaps if you do have a gripe with this you can post on TS where I may see who you cowards are, OK.?

The pathetic irony is my questions are in aid of helping members get better quality and treatment by DTG and the hate I am recieving is from those who would rather hate me than care for what I am trying to achieve here. It shows a certain something when I am the 'enemy' to potential progress. That is why I don't care less for these 'ahem' personal haters..

Read here if you have forgotten what I am talking about and perhaps one of you could see beyond the silly aggressive posts I so don't care about...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/2828702373009625059/

Sorry I broke my own rule by replying to the personal trolls here but I will not be doing so again , because I only will entertain posts made within the steam thread (above) where they/you can't hide under these forums as we have seen... So if you want to have a go again then let's all know you are doing so because you are too weak to do so on the Steam forums - where there is no moderation... and we would know who you bleaters actually are...

I will look forward to the DTG staff officially commenting on this thread when they feel they are ready otherwise sorry I won't bother with these pathetic attacks from cowards. You now have a choice...

EDIT: All written at the time we were unaware that Steve Hood and DTG_Cryss were leaving DTG and also sadly DTG Jay who personaly confirmed it to me today.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  16. Axe

Axe New Member

I and many members on the TS Steam forums realise and accept there have been some DTG in-house changes made and perhaps still being made. We have seen a few posts by DTG Cryss where he has posted a few times on TSW and a couple of times on the TS forums but nothing for a while. He honestly said he wasn't sure what the future will hold with regard to the community manager on the Steam TS forums and that is fair enough.

With that in mind I made a thread simply asking a few questions in this regard and and a little more all in the name of TS in the future. I think it is fair for us to ask and therefore I have done so. But now, after a number of days with no reply the thread as usual has decended into the usual relative chat sadly diluting the real reason of my post in the first place.

Because of that I feel I need to ask here if the Steam TS forums are now being ignored or is it because DTG haven't yet assigned a community manager or is there just no intent to do so? Surely it's one of these?

This is my first post here and hope you can answer me and also on the Steam forums in the thread I speak of - where frankly a basic few questions are being asked and sadly official communication is conspicuous by it's absence. I'm sure this is just an oversight so I look forword to hearing further your plans within that thread.
    Thankyou for reading.

Axe.

EDIT: All written at the time we were unaware that Steve Hood and DTG_Cryss were leaving DTG and also sadly DTG Jay who personaly confirmed it to me today.

17. Medellinexpat

I did suggest to Dovetail that letting Axe on the forum (or at least providing some friendly advice about expected behaviour standards) would be unlikely to end well. Clearly I need to revise that.

Dovetail letting Axe on the forums isn’t even STARTING well.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Axe

Axe New Member

Dovetail didn't 'let Axe on the forums' he just joined quite freely... as he had the same choice as others ;-) It was very pleasant when TrainSim-Steve said:

"First, allow me to welcome you to the forums here Axe, great to have you on-board"

I felt that was a kind and respectful acceptance of my joining the forums just like anyone else...

But... sigh you have all started... Please do inform DTG when I have actually done or said something which contravenes the forums rules instead of you just disliking what I say and making a deal of it. Can you not see you are just fussing about nothing other than your personal opinions which mean nothing in the larger landscape?

Personal hate and dislike is just that, personal. But let's not pretend it means anything else that matters here...

I am afforded a right to post here just like you until I break some rule, just like you... :-/ What is strange is that you think you are above those rules and why, 'cos you joined early LOL and think you have the right to judge others who join? LOL. Can you not for a second understand that I dislike other (known) members but I don't go around slating and hating on them or spamming their threads?

Keep up with the downvotes fellas but take your hate elsewhere. Or perhaps even man up and PM me. Don't you for a second see how your behaviour is making you look? You certainly will be breaking the forum rules.

Can't blame me for your attitudes toward me neither do I care other than I am just asking DTG some questions and you are spamming me with this hate LOL - and I am being stupidly accused for using the forum as a forum? I am here to hopefully get some answers and not have to read your opinions of me. Isn't that called trolling?

At which point do you think I haven't earned that privilege to speak just from joining as a member without having to put up with this stuff? Hey it's tedious but surely you are breaking some forum rule here trolling and such? Or do the TS foum rules only apply to others... that's nice. Don't see DTG thinking that way so perhaps you over zealous guardians step aside and reevaluate your 'role' here ;-)

You think you are the custodians of the forums here? Well I say you aren't and it also appears DTG doesn't either so either so if you don't care less for me or my opinions you really should respect the forum rules and deal with your issues in another more reasonable and acceptable adult manner as you are accusing me of not doing so.

19. Axe

Axe New Member

Thankyou for reading.

Axe.

20. Medellinexpat

No Axe, it’s just that you have made posting on the Steam forums unpleasant. Those forums aren’t moderated. I’d rather hoped, and I believe others did, that these new forums might be better controlled.

I want to post my own opinions. I don’t want to have to weigh whether expressing the opinion is worth the anger from you if you don’t agree with it. You always consider that any opinions that you don’t share are

1. Only shared by a minority
    2. Only posted to ‘spam’ or ‘troll’ your comments (and by the way you always use those terms incorrectly)
    3. Part of some ‘mal’ Motive, generally against you
    4. Some useless unwanted general ‘talk’ that detracts from the ‘important’ point(s) you were making. In other words only you post useful comments

In the end it is up to Dovetail. They can continue to let you be rude. In the past you’ve been very keen on boycotting everything DTG sells until they listen to you. So I’ve taken your advice and told DTG that if they don’t moderate your comments in ANY month that you insult me without provocation I won’t buy any DLC from them. Leave your uncalled for rude comments up on the forum and they’ll lose commercially.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Axe

Axe New Member

Err...OK. (?)

I can post what I want with regard the subject matter and if it upsets others then so what? I'm not here to appease anyone. I'm here posting because I have questions and you can't seem to allow me to post without showing your anger. OK.
    I post my questions and you attack the thread or me. Neither is worthwhile to the thread or the the subject matter - now that is trolling.
    I don't care who agrees with me or not. This is not a poll. Why can't you understand that? That is what I said earlier about it being not a discussion per se. To me it's 'some questions' and not once has anyone posted anything relevant to it anyway, just attacks from members who do so in the anonymity of a new forum. Nice behaviour that is.

What has happened or not on Steam is nothing to to with this forum but you want to drag it here for the single purpose to have a go at me as is plain to see. Do you see yourself as above the rules he in this cozy bastion from naughty forum people LOL?

"Leave your uncalled for rude comments up on the forum and they’ll lose commercially."

Oh lord...

That is not a reason to not complain. Firstly they won't whatsoever and if. Let's not rock the boat even if many TS'rs want to. I ask questions not for no reason, I am asking them because I want to and I don't need you telkling me I shouldn't because you don't like it.

Firstly the Steam forums have only been unmoderated for about a month, when Jay left... The threads I have posted above have been there way befor Jay lleft so don't talk about lack of moderation Also you really need to understand I and anyone else are afforded the right to complain when and if we want and that is it. They concerns many have are neither uncalled for nor rude, the complaint threads are legit and the purpose to see them validated or not is not your choice, but you seem to think you are a back-seat moderator that can say what you think here just for the reason you are trying to show some impropriety on my behalf - and clearly to just argue for the sake of it.

I wonder if you could use the word 'rude' and 'insulted'just a few more times in your next rant. Or perhaps we'll just see another celf-centered tirade of what you think of me as if I am supposed to care. How many more times...

We get the idea, yes we all really do. Thanks for posting though...

22. Medellinexpat

Nothing wrong in complaining, provided you are willing to let others express their opinions.

But don’t be rude and don’t insult other forum members.

It’s not difficult.

• Like Like x 4
  23. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I used to visit the Steam forums once in a while and occasionally posted something there. I stopped a while ago because the norm for contributions seemed to be "If you can't say something nasty, don't say anything at all". If there was any moderation happening, I saw extremely little evidence of it. The same rule seems to apply here at times, but it's balanced (well, somewhat) by a more positive underlying sense and list monitors seem to pay more attention and respond more often. Not to everything, of course, and I can easily see why.
    To summarize, this just seems to be a better neighborhood to visit.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

In an attempt to get back on topic I re-read the OPs first post where he speaks of questions he is desirous of having answers to. This seems to boil down to the question of whether or not DTG are attending to the TS forum.

I suggest we all take a step back. DTG might answer the OPs question, they might not, but at least then we are depriving an inflammatory arena of oxygen.

This could be a mechanism to consider moving forward when dealing with apparently contentious issues to some users.

25. Medellinexpat

Sunscreen but DTG did answer the question about attending to the forums. TrainSim-Steve said early in the thread that they were looking for a new community forum resource and gave an interim solution to the OP for making sure that DTG were aware of any threads needing special attention. I think that response suggests that they know that they need to up their game in this area, but until they’ve got a candidate onboard they’ll manage it as best they can - and that probably means no immediate change.

Presumably when they have the new resource they’ll have better bandwidth to respond to specific issues. If this is a long standing issue, as the OP suggests, why not at least welcome the commitment to the new resource and await their arrival?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Indeed Medellinexpat. Precisely the point I was trying to make but in obviously far too obtuse terms. Hopefully this will be of assistance to the OP. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  27. Axe

Axe New Member

I know all about what has been said and by whom on the steam forums. Please note the threads I have posted above which contain the questions not only I would like answering but many others too. These are the real meat of my thread, the questions - not really whether the Steam forums will go unmoderated.

The thread title here is with regard to my threads (oh and not only my threads) remaining unanswered on the Steam forums. All the details we know now were not in place at the time of those threads being posted. So because that was the case of being ignored I respectfully and politely came here to ask as there may be a quicker or better response. And there was, by Steve.

This was posted here when it was clear DTG Jay wasn't able to answer anymore as community manager of TS, as he was gone. It just happened to be be coincidental where FSW became defunct and we were told there were to be staff leaving or moved to TSW and way before we were to later hear about community managers leaving too. These threads I have posted happened to combine with these DTG issues... so added to the general confusion of some very loyal players across the board. I mean loyal in the face of long-term simmering disappointment and hate, by the way. This is the process as it happened.

-----------

It is a well known fact like it or not that these issue within the Steam threads of TS have been going back years and is once again a culmination of being ignored over time... I did not start this love/hate with DTG, I personaly have fallen into it like many do over time.

I've been only playing TS since sept 2015 but believe me it's not difficult to see the tone on the forums previous to my arrival and also since to this very date. Every day literally someone moans and grumbles about DTG and/or their poor quality or broken content and posts about other issues. This is across many forums not just Steam - I am not starting something here on a whim, I am bringing them back to light as many things get brought back over time, especially if they have never been dealt with.

If there is anyone in the know out there are and I know there are, you and I both know DTG do not have a good reputation in the gaming world, just go to their forums. I am getting a little tired of trying to validate this for some who are coming across as oblivious to these facts. I am not attacking DTG in this post (here on TS) because it it not at all what I am talking about here.

If things get ignored they fester and to me the particular release of 2 or 3 horribly broken DLC just made me wan't to raise these and other issues that others have been moaning and grumbling about like I say for years. I'd rather try and do something instead of just being a moaner.

I have no intention to 'break' TS in any form or just diss DTG for the fun of it. It is the very fact many of us care way beyond what DTG appear do about TS that brings these issues alive yet again. They may be 'uncomfortable' for DTG (not that they have said anthing of the sort) and they may choose to ignore them and let TS remain what it is, I have no idea - but to not raise issues just because they may be 'uncomfortable' is not a valid excuse for not asking them. Many are sick and tired of DTG for a whole plethora of reasons I don't feel is necessary to say here.

God forbid the cavemen weren't just happy to sit in their caves...

@ Medellinexpat
    I know who you are now through your posts so you could go back and visit both threads I made, with a rather more sympathetic attitude as you stated you were new to TS. And without hoping for more unecessary posts I really think you are not understanding the gravity of the posts which are being made and how far back this goes. Please don't go off on one, I'm being polite and honest. Many on the steam forums have been through this many times and I (just happen to be) the latest of a long line which would like to see TS have a far more respectable future than the one they are continuing now.
    There is a genuine desire and hope we as lovers of the game can be pleased that DTG can perhaps raise their game to what many of us would like then why shouldn't anyone try to make that happen?

My intentions are quite honourable and do not threaten at all anyone elses 'opinion' of me or their view of TS, hence why I have had to plough through 3 threads now explaining it all to a tiny few... of whom have already read them on the TS forum, twice...
    ----------------
    The rather sad irony is these forums are implied to be far superior by some to the Steam forums yet my first and only experience here is to have to put up with all this ridiculous taking to task and personal trolling of my thread and to have to endure being told what I can and can't say by 'just another member' who has a grudge..? Really? He certainly knows how to use those downvote and upvote thingies so kudos for that...

Anyway nice... nice attitude. Certainly makes me wan't to come here again...

Last edited: May 28, 2018