Clinchfield Railroad - Sd-40 At The Back Of The Train Are Idle

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DEXCON, May 25, 2021.

1. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Hi guys!

I was driving a southbound loaded coal train with the F7. I noticed that there were 2 SD-40's athe back of the train to help the train get on the gradiƫnt. However they were at idle and I couldn't get them moving. Anyone an idea how to fire them up and help me get the train moving?

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

There is no way to control them remotely (like on SPG) currently due to a misunderstanding between different development teams. The only workaround is to either use the rear camera (controlling the SD40s through a cab window) or by using [CRTL][-] to switch to a rear cab to control the SD40s manually.

DTG are aware of this problem but that's all the communication we've had. No fix has been announced.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, MP said it is " on the list to be fixed" and he will try to make sure it doesn't happen to future locos. But there is no timeline for a solution. This also affects the C40-8W on SPG. In my view, this is the kind of game breaking bug that needs to be triaged for an urgent fix, but I'm not optimistic. It hasn't been mentioned in a long time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The C40-8W banking comm is working now. But that only makes the fact that CRR is missing it stranger. It's good to know that Matt will try to ensure it doesn't happen again, but it already happened twice in a row.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. I hadn't heard about the Dash 8 and I haven't played SPG in a while. That's very good news, I'll check it out later on.
    Thanks again.

6. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

not anymore they fixed it before CRR came out. and it actually always worked, you just needed the end of train breaker on in the lead C40-8W of the leading and trailing pairs, and it worked fine.

• Like Like x 1