Opinions On North Jersey Coast Line

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, May 25, 2021.

1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

I am thinking of buying this route as it caught my attention, is long, i like the scenery and the rolling stock, but i want to know your opinions on it basically.

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Buy the NJT Coast and Morristown lines as it includes both the coast line and the morristown and more rolling stock (the double deckers are stunning). It is now on sale also.
    In my opinion it is a great route but I am not playing it a lot lately. High Iron made some scenario packs that you may like, specially because it adds Amtrak trains running on the NEC.
    My call is you buy it, you won't regret it :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I would be careful with buying the Coast Line and Morristown route, as it will now be compatible with a lot of third party content, especially some of the legendary routes like the Bergen Line, so I would suggest getting the NJCL itself because it allows for more than just the route itself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yes I thought about that but I purchased only the coast and morristown lines and it included both routes (separated, I have the coast solo and the coast+morristown in my game after buying only the morristown one) it came with all the original scenarios of the coast solo also.
    EDIT: In my steam library I also find both routes.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. helderbrincolas

I´m only pretending installing some sound mods for the rolling stock included if there are any available, but with that said, can i buy safely the "NJT Coast and Morristown lines pack"?

6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I didn’t know there was a North Jersey Line. Is there one in Guernsey as well?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I checked in my purchased items and I bought the "coast and morristown" and in my library I have both (only coast + coast and morristown) so I'd say that you can safely buy it as you will get the same plus alp46, double deckers and comet iv cabcar and a full extra route. Worst case scenario you can ask for a refund and go for the coast solo, but as I see it you'll get everything you want and more this way.

• Like Like x 1
  8. helderbrincolas

Ok thanks, and about the scenario packs of High Iron are they free? What route do i need to have to have Amtrak trains running on NEC on NJT Coast and Morristown lines?

• Like Like x 1
  9. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

This is an American Commuter route set in the Northern New Jersey.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

The scenario packs aren't free, but they have free scenarios in the workshop. For Amtrak trains on the NEC the pack requires New York-New Haven (there are other requirements listed that you can read on the Steam page), but if you want Amtrak trains to run by yourself or make your own scenarios then you can buy any route that includes them (any NEC route) ore maybe use one you already own.
    If you don't want to spend a lot of money then you'll be ok just with the route (Coast and Morristown), you have many scenarios to enjoy for a lot of hours and if you like it then you can go for the scenario packs (and all the extra DLCs that they require).
    But if you really want the scenario packs now then you can take advantage of the sale now running and get them all. Read carefully the requirements for the scenario packs as they won't work unless you have them all (if you know how to make replacements with RWtools then you can avoid this)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. helderbrincolas

Imagining that i don´t own the NJ locos dlc´s, but the scenarios requires them, but i still own the route and NEC, would i be able to play the scenarios but don´t see the AI, in this case the NJ locos dlc´s, or i would´t be able to play the scenarios at all??

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that, you'll certainly will find the error message at the beginning but if you press f2 and save then I think you can go on. But if you are willing to do that then maybe the best thing is replace the missing stock with the NJT you'll have with TStools, is not difficult to make

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. helderbrincolas

Thanks for the help!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

You're welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Buying it standalone is a complete waste if you're gonna buy Morristown. it includes the original NJCL line.

• Like Like x 2
  16. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Yeah. I know thanks. It was a joke. A poor one admittedly but a joke nonetheless. I’ll get me coat.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is nothing to stop you swapping out the NJ Locos on the NJ Coast line and using what you want.
    You can not do that with a Career Scenario but no problem with Standard ones
    Screenshot_North Jersey Coast Line_40.32098--74.02917_11-35-11.jpg
    Screenshot_North Jersey Coast Line_40.33065--74.04906_11-37-17.jpg
    Screenshot_North Jersey Coast Line_40.29578--73.98838_16-18-24.jpg
    Peter

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

You can convert the career ones into standard and swap whatever you want with TStools, I don't know if that was what he was looking for, though