Sehs 30% Off Worth It?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, May 25, 2021.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The title is probably pretty self-explanatory. SEHS is now discounted by practically a third. I know the route has been through a very rough start, but there have been many enhancement mods popping up for it. As I didn't buy the route and know little about the real-life counterpart, I didn't keep a very good track of all the stuff community made for it.

So couple months later nice discount comes in and I would like to ask:
    -Is the route worth it with 30 % off?
    -What mods would you recommend to improve the route?

The discount is also for the 465/9. I know this one is very popular, but does it offer enough gameplay to be thrown into the cart with a potential SEHS DLC?

Thank you all in advance for your opinions and recommendations :D

• Like Like x 4
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am wondering too. Of course, 465 is needed :)

3. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

I would highly recommend SEHS. I know that it is frequently derided on these forums, but I find a lot of enjoyment in it. The locos are really good, and are extremely fun to drive. SEHS also has one of the best TSW timetables, in my opinion. There are no (that I’ve noticed) static trains used as in other routes to add busyness, but everything still works perfectly, and looks perfect. Gillingham Yard is empty during the day, but completely packed at night with Class 375s. Hoo Junction is empty at night, but full during the day with Class 66s coming in to exchange trains and do a bit of shunting. If you choose to drive in rush hour, you’ll get a lot of yellows and reds. The railtours on this route are also great. This route has great diversity of regional, high speed, and commuter trains by default, as well as freight and railtours if you have ECW and NTP, respectively. If you have those two routes, I’d say get it for sure. If you don’t, maybe consider getting ECW, as it’s a great route, and the freight services add a lot of enjoyment here.

• Like Like x 4
  4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

My plan was to put off purchasing SHS until it was on deep discount, or possibly not buy it all This is because I already have the route (and more) in TS2012. I even have strong personal links with the route, and some involvement in bringing the Hitachi into service (in real life), but it didn't persuade me.***

But the arrival of the 465 did persuade me. I bought SHS so that I could run the 465. And after buying the 465 for TSW, I am now on the brink of buying AP's entire catalogue of rolling stock for TS2012 (for the audio quality).

The route itself is sub par in many parts. But if you run a service in the late evening (Autumn Drizzle), then you can get some atmosphere going.

------------
    ***I was wrong to delay anyway - as soon as I entered the cab of the 395, the memories came back thick and fast.... TSW is truly wonderful for this. Ands then you have the 465 as well, with the fabulous audio...

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I would recommend this route, but only if you add the 465 and have the locos from the PC routes. I soon tired of the 375 and 395 and mostly drive the open air section, especially the old diesel rail tours.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

I have got this preordered and never looked back. The route is also worth the full price. The 395 and 375 look amazing inside and outside. The sound has gotten to the part where its decent, but you also have some great mods to go even further.
    Route looks good, you have over 270 services to run on the route, including plenty of yellow/red signals. Its never boring or bland! You also have some rail tours available with the likes of 47 , 45 etc so its even more fun

I love doing full runs with 375 and 395 on the route, from my understanding 465 has some really short services.

If you get the DLC also use the mods bellow to get the full experience

Realistic fence mod:
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/6605-dtg-southeastern-highspeed-zaun-lärmschutzwand-fix/

Londonmidland excellent route upgrade pack
    https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/...h-eastern-high-speed-enhancement-pack-revised

Superb sound mod for 375
    https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/mods/c3-train-sim-world-2/c20-sounds/i708-class-375-sound-mod-v1

Hope this helps

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would recommend it. It has some areas of scenery which need some polishing and fixing but overall it is a decent route with a decent variety of services to run. I haven't got the 465 yet but that of course adds more variety.

It is certainly worth it with the 30% discount in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Dang it! That list of mods has persuaded me to buy it.... RIP wallet.

• Like Like x 2
  9. dbrunner#4864

Haha go for it man ! I am sure you will have a great time on it. Please also post your opinion regarding your new present after you do some runs :).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Ok people, you've persuaded me. I am going to treat myself tomorrow after an exam :D

• Like Like x 4
  11. dbrunner#4864

You are only allowed to buy it if you do well on your exam! :). Kidding, just enjoy your new route and GL for the exam.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I would say this is worth it even without the discount. Granted, I am not from the UK and didn't really get into the whole fence thingy. The locos are nice to drive and if you get the 365, that makes for a good change of pace as well. My only big regret with this route is that fact that the time on HS1 is relatively short. I would have liked to go a bit longer. Hopefully there is another High speed UK route in development.

• Like Like x 3
  13. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I like it.
    I use the route and know it well.
    Yes there are infelicities with the scenery, but the driving experience is good.
    Plenty of speed and inclination changes to keep you on your toes, whilst the vehicle modelling is good.