PlayStation Lirr 738 Spawning At Random Stations, No Train.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ixofxiii, May 26, 2021.

1. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

So someone already reported this issue happening in scenario planner-starting up and spawning on foot at random stations. Well, I found one in timetable mode. 738: 9:30am Penn to Hempstead. I'm on a base PS4, used both M3 and M7 (8 car) and have all but 2 DLC routes .
    You're, of course, suppose to spawn on your train in Penn. So far, I've spawed on foot at Westbury, Stewart Manor, Floral Park and Mineola. I've checked another Penn-Hempstead and two Penn-Ronkonkoma trips and they spawn ok. So far, it's just 738.

2. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

This is a failsafe. If for some reason the game can't put you in a train at the start of the service, it spawns you at a random walking point as a sort of safe zone. Technically 738 is still running as it should except under AI. If you wait until the time it's schedule would end, it'll actually give you the service completion screen.

Why the game isn't spawning you in the train is the real question. Could be a timing issue or a problem with the formation or the location it's spawning at.

3. ixofxiii

It does still run. But this needs to be fixed. I don't want just the completion. I want to operate it.

4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

What if you spawn on foot at the station a few minutes before the service starts? Is the train there and can you get in to drive it?

5. ixofxiii

Should be able to. I haven't tried it with this particular trip.