Glasgow Cathcart Circle

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Coastway trainspotter, Feb 24, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

It's strange that dtg is waiting until next friday to preview this route,since when do they do previews on a friday it's not like they have any other big things to talk about on thursday,it's normally when you want get some bad news out of the way you release the story on a friday.To bury in the weekend.Could GCC be possible so bad dtg want to bury it's detail at the start of the weekend?Why is the route that short,or is the br 314 that broken or is there another station platform and train matt fears falling between again,the fear of disasters are many and friday release details don't quell them.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

There's a Union Pacific Big Boy release stream on Thursday so they pushed Cathcart back one day, it's what they normally do if there is a release and a preview in the same week.

Train Simulator:
    7PM UTC - Union Pacific Big Boy with Jamie & Matt
    8PM UTC - Washington DC - Baltimore with Jamie & Matt

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

If they genuinely thought GCC wasn't very good they'd most likely soft launch it possibly even without a single preview stream. Also, why would doing a preview on Friday bury the details of the route?

I like how many here seem to know the exact state of Cathcart despite not seeing a single screenshot.

• Like Like x 7
  4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Remember Arosa was previewed on Friday- and that made me so angry and frustrated- because it is worst dlc

• Like Like x 4
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I guess people are thinking it is bad because of how sehs and hhl released. At least they have low expectations

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. SHINO BAZ

The one detail that is rarely ever unknow about almost any new route for tsw dlc is it's length it normally long before release we would know it,why dtg is keeping GCC routes length top secret is very odd.Do they really fear with all the recent dlc routes and loco dlc issues during the last years that it length would cause anymore unsatisfaction then any thing else they released.The very 1st preveiw of any new route should not be the 1st time you ever get to know the routes length.

So just what would be the rock bottom shortest length it could be,given the routes glasgow:cathcart circle listing.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. tallboy7648

Usually, you can figure out the length of a route online. Just find out how long GCC is with the branches and without the branches and then you will know

• Like Like x 1
  8. SHINO BAZ

Ok...Let see...now 1st.
    From Glasgow station to Cathcart station it's 3.7 miles(6km).(Not sure if glasgow station is included yet)
    Now there are atleast 4 other branch lines...
    Newton branch.
    Neilston branch.
    West coast mainline.
    Argyle line.
    At the point who knows which or whats included.
    The lengths of these various routes make trying to come up with any kind of official length difficult.
    Current numbers suggest a possible shortest route length of 5.2mile to a max of 31 miles if all branches where included.(Some estimation where required to cover all possible routes so numbers my not be exactly correct).

• Like Like x 3
  9. tallboy7648

Glasgow Central Station will be in the route. It would have to be in the route

• Like Like x 2
  10. Clumsy Pacer

Right. Here's a schematic map showing the distance between stations (to the nearest 0.25 miles). I've put distance for complete services in the top left corner. All distances are in miles. Honestly, I'd be extremely surprised if they include the WCML via Cambuslang. The different colours indicate different operators (pink is CrossCountry and the red dash is LNER)
    upload_2021-5-26_19-6-49.png
    Total distance of the Circle + Newton & Neilston branch is approx. 22 miles.

Map from National Rail.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Nice find!

Actually looks pretty good to me as someone who's never been to Scotland- i'm sure the locals will find some issues. My biggest concern is just having the one train to drive. Now that the full extent of the route is confirmed, anyone have a guess at how many services there might be?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m torn apart by what to get . I want both the route and the 313 , but I can’t decide which . What is everyone’s advice ?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Coastway trainspotter

Happy birthday for then ! Will someone be getting the GCC for you ?

• Like Like x 4
  15. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

get both or just repaint the 314 into southern livery

• Like Like x 1
  16. Coastway trainspotter

I can’t get both . I’m also useless with the liv des

• Like Like x 1
  17. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

id say the route because you get the train too loco addons imo are just to make the route more alive

• Like Like x 2
  18. SHINO BAZ

Nice to finally see pics of the route but truly pretty sad dtg couldn't be bothered to be the 1st ones to do this.
    So this is a full price route,but steam user get a 10%off what do you wanna bet as almost always console user don't.

Glasgow station looks good but it just doesn't feel right seeing nothing but br 314 when most people know that this isn't the only train that you would ever see there.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Clumsy Pacer

What?!

• Like Like x 1
  20. SHINO BAZ

What do you mean what.It there route normally they might have posted a few pictures of it before now the 1st time we see it shouldn't be in the store.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Clumsy Pacer

I see. This isn't the first route where the screenshots were released alongside the store page - it happened with Southeastern. I can't remember what happened regardign the rotues before though.

• Like Like x 2
  22. SHINO BAZ

It actually looks good the glasgow station look great the br 314 looking good the route has extra branch lines,why dtg didn't think it was worth giving us a few pics to show it off abit and get every excited for it.But because of recent route issues i guess they just got nervous about everyones 1st reaction to it.But looks alone won't mean much if 5 min after you buy it you find a issue.But let's hope they did alittle extra testing,because we are all want to get a well tested dlc route at some point.

Note:I just saw the GCC story at train sim world but i didn't even know it was there until i saw a youtube video on it and also dtg 60sec video on the upcomning route.Well it's still good to finally see something.I do like the blue barrel trains on the platform stations cute.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Screenshot (4).png
    This is from Sim Sig correct signals codes etc. Trains with P go via Queens Pk. M via Maxwell Park I for inner circle 0 for outer Neilston is N even and odd numbers.

• Like Like x 2
  24. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

(I do not watch the previews to not ruin the experience) Can somebody answer me a question? When on the streams, did the signs outside of Glasgow show "all lines 15mph" were they working?

• Like Like x 1
  25. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Yes

• Like Like x 2
  26. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

Well, first impressions are that it looks lovely, and the 314 is a joy to drive... I'm off to bed now, but I can't wait to play this properly after work tomorrow!

• Like Like x 4
  27. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Well done 1 run to Neilston.. you certainly have to drive... short distances between stations keep you on your toes. Gradient against you the whole way. Not sure about the amount of AI. Not much passed me heading to town and it was am rush..but I'm impressed. No opening the throttle up and letting go here. Will play more later.

• Like Like x 3
  28. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I decided to continue my late service after arriving at Glasgow and it meant I could go to the depot after a short wait. After looking around at the depot for a few minutes I found some collectibles and then more trains from Glasgow started to park up for the night. They come in real fast and slow down for the speed limit. Gave me a scare as I was crossing the tracks. Then they reverse in slowly next to the other trains. I went in each one once parked and powered them down just for the sake of it. Had a try with the coupling (yet to play scenarios) since one does park in the same block. It was a nice end to my session.

I am enjoying it so far. If there's a few things I think should be improved then I'll mention the sound mixing and front door. It seems a little quiet compared to other routes. If I am in external view and raise the pantograph (keyboard) I can hardly hear it. Also you cannot climb up into front door area from the tracks. The coupler prevents a climb up prompt.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4