Glasgow Cathcart Thoughts

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Scotrail156467, May 27, 2021.

1. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

So what does everyone think so far after seeing pics and the trailer of GCC

• Like Like x 6
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

It seems like a very nice and interesting route, with its multiple branches and destinations theres alot of variety when it comes to gameplay. That ScotRail blue livery looks amazing, cant wait to see the route tomorrow!

• Like Like x 5
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Looks good. Will watch the preview stream later.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  4. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Yeah same looking forward to the stream tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  5. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

I'm looking forward to the stream, definitely! I'm liking the look of everything in the trailer and pleased we're getting the branch lines (just as we should, in all honesty).

I am slightly confused, though. The ScotRail livery is in the trailer, but wasn't it stated we'd be getting the SPT carmine & cream livery, originally? Are we still getting SPT as an alternative livery?

• Like Like x 1
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

From what I’ve seen, it looks really good, but the doors are inaccurate. They have forgotten to plaster “Scotrail is operated by first group” on the doors

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Scotrail is operated by a Dutch company called Abellio. But not for long. Comes into public ownership in a year. Thank god.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I thought I saw only one 1 train in the trailer. Aren't there any more trains that come with this route?

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

One train, one livery. It’s never been stated that it would be any different. What liveries we would get has never been mentioned and the route has been on the roadmap for a very long time with just the 314 listed. The community here have been speculating about the livery and maybe having another train but that’s all, nothing official was said about either.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

That would need a completely new license just for a small sticker as the ScotRail livery is owned by Transport Scotland, also as this livery was introduced when First was losing their franchise i don't think it was ever put on the 314's doors, only from when Abellio took over.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. thatleedsguy#8590

Thanks for letting me know.

• Like Like x 2
  12. formulabee#1362

They were applied on the doors- I don’t have a photo that shows it clearly enough

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  14. formulabee#1362

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think the initial look of the route is awesome. There looks to be plenty of detail in it. I’ve raised a niggle with the destination display as it doesn’t look right, but other than that. I’m rather excited.

• Like Like x 5
  16. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Looks great, so will be getting, it.

17. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

I think they need to lose the Union Jack on the select screen and replace it with the Saltire.

• Like Like x 4
  18. thatleedsguy#8590

Even though Scotland is a part of the UK, I am in favour of the idea that all the nations of the UK should get to display their own flag, even in videogames.
    They could perhaps have the two side by side as an alternative. Emphasises that Scotland is a part of the UK but also has it's own identity. Then every onlooker will know 'OK, this is a UK map' and everyone who knows their flags will think 'oh, cool, they represented Scotland well'.

• Like Like x 5
  19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

TBH, that would just open up a political catfight that DTG don't need. Besides, no routes use German or US state flags.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The route looks very nice. Good that they've finally escaped from southern third rail territory and embraced more interesting workings. I will be waiting for a sale though. Only 25% of the tv screen actually shows the outside view. 75% never changes, it's just the inside of the cab. I'd use the outside camera but of course, as soon as the train enters a tunnel that doesn't work. Now, if they included a layer for the 101, or fixed the outside camera as promised....first day purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  21. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I suppose Trans Pennine can have a joint symbol / flag next to that route as well then. One half a red rose and the other a white one.

• Like Like x 8
  22. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Looking forward for this route. The different branches and the circle seem to be quite interesting. I hope there's going to be a dlc one time to add some more variety to the available trains. I also hope that the new passenger system gets implemented quite fast after the release of rush hour!

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  23. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I was quite impressed by the initial stream. The route and loco look great, and it's nice to have a loco that feels like quite a change from previous releases.

Hopefully they can tweak the sound volume a little and get the PIS in the release build and it should be great.

It's a route I'd like to add to the collection, but I'll hold off on launch day to see if any issues arise. Once it's confirmed as either in good shape, or the first patch or two are out, I'll be looking to get it.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t agree this route should have the Saltire on the route select screen. Scotland is still part of the UK and so the Union Flag is appropriate.

• Like Like x 11
  25. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

It looks good but doesn’t excite me too much. I will probably get it in a sale.

• Like Like x 2
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The Saltire is represented in the design of the Union Flag, so currently we have both in the space of one. If Scotland becomes independent we can have a Saltire for Scotland then. If it were to be changed now it could be seen as advocating one political stance over another, as they are actually using the correct flag at the moment, especially as TSW has a huge international audience. The flag is on the train so there can be no doubt what part of the UK the route is in.

• Like Like x 7
  27. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

It's a Scottish route therefore only the Scottish saltire is appropriate.

• Like Like x 5
  28. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Well, let’s not let facts get in the way then. Scotland just happens to be in the United Kingdom, so as well as being a Scottish route, by the magic of geography and political union it is also a UK route. That remains true whether you like it or not, and therefore either flag would be appropriate. Maybe when the routes come up on the screen you could put a little sticker over the one you don’t like. Post-It notes would work well, as they’ll leave no residue on your screen. The flag really isn’t important in the grand scheme of things, they could put a giant haggis there for all I care, but as it is they have gone with the internationally recognised flag for the United Kingdom, a correct and perfectly satisfactory choice for the vast majority of players.

• Like Like x 13
  29. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I hope you meant a likeness of that dish. The real thing would cause all kinds of problems with lineside objects and wild animals en route.:D

• Like Like x 5
  30. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Good lord.

Why do people get so wound up over the flag? If it’s that offensive then don’t buy the DLC, it literally doesn’t have any effect on the gameplay what so ever.

Never mind the fact that the flag on the menu is literally the correct flag anyway, no one was making this fuss over not having the St. George’s Cross on all the English routes.

• Like Like x 8
  31. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's because the English don't generally care.

• Like Like x 1
  32. shhweeet#4292

Says who?

• Like Like x 4
  33. shhweeet#4292

I’m English but my passport says I’m British so Scotland is my country as well.

Get over it.

• Like Like x 3
  34. formulabee#1362

Please stop with all the Scottish politics riff-raff.

• Like Like x 5
  35. Pookiebarra

My main grouse (Scottish) was the inference that we all swill Buckfast and take drugs.. i will NOT accept that slur on my country wither you like it or not..

• Like Like x 3
  36. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Even I'm for remaining of Scotland with the UK, I see not a big problem with using the saltire at the 90route selector.

My explanation:

1. In the football world there is no problem with a English, Scottish and Welsh team. All with their own flags.

2. Even the most proud unionist football fans in Scotland, the fans from Glasgow Rangers, have the saltire as their colours.

3. I think the best for the union is, if all parts can keep their unique traditions and cultures. In Germany we have totally different regional traditions and cultures (Bavaria, the Ruhr Valley and the North people at the North and the Baltic Sea could not be more different ). But we never would get the idea to split apart.

I like it if there are different regions in one country. That and the regional traditions will keep the communities and the society together.

• Like Like x 3
  37. shhweeet#4292

Like I said Scotland is my country as well. ( According to the supposedly once in a generation 2014 Scottish independence referendum result ) I don’t like slurs on Scotland either just as I don’t like slurs on England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Yet Scottish nationalists seem perfectly fine with slagging off the English at every opportunity.

Btw I’ve personally never insinuated the slur against Scotland that you mention. Just to be clear. I therefore do take a bit of offence that you insinuate that I could support such a slur in your quoted reply. Also you should know that I personally visit Scotland very regularly via my job so I am quite familiar with the country and it’s citizens / phrases.

As others have already said TSW2 is an international game. Scotland is currently part of the UK so the Union Jack flag is entirely appropriate for DTG to use. Back on topic Glasgow Cathcart looks to be an enticing route and is a welcome addition to TSW2. I shall be getting it when it drops in price via a sale.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Pookiebarra

I never insinuated that you said the quote... plenty have both on here and on Facebook... I am not going to get into a debate on here with you on the benefits to Scotland and independence..except to say it will be for the people of Scotland to decide.

• Like Like x 2
  39. shhweeet#4292

There is no debate to be had. Scotland are currently part of the UK and the Scottish population decided in the 2014 Scottish independence referendum.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Pookiebarra

This is what I was complaining about. Reported it to DTG and heard nothing. So it must be OK...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  41. shhweeet#4292

No I don’t want to carry on because this is after all a TSW2 forum and unlike you I can accept the result of a democratic vote whether it’s a Scottish independence referendum result, a general election result, or a UK wide Brexit vote. You say democracy doesn’t stand still, neither does international politics. So how do you think a union works then? Things for various reasons don’t go your way so you just keep having an independence referendum because you want to throw your toys out of the pram.

Ridiculous!

Edit….. FYI on my many visits to Scotland many many Scottish people tell me the SNP and it’s leaders don’t speak for them on the subject of Scottish independence despite them voting for the SNP. Be careful what you wish for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

been to many games against the two glasgow teams.Rangers and Celtic and can asure you will not see either with a saltire,union jack or the tri;colour are the only flags you will see there fans with.

• Like Like x 2
  43. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

getting back on subject..looking forward to the first scottish route even if it not the one i would liked to have.but thought it looked good on the stream,and thought this might just be a route i will buy day one at full price but then we find out the sound and timetables are not working and then told not sure if will be fixed before release.well see what comes at release but if not fixed will be taken sams advice(if you not happy dont buy it)

• Like Like x 3
  44. Pookiebarra

It has the potential to be a cracking Sim. You will need to drive it, not just open the throttle and let rip. I hope the timetable if full. I would like to see you run delays. plenty of amber lights..

• Like Like x 2
  45. Pookiebarra

Dinny get him started...is there a mute button like Twitter

• Like Like x 1
  46. shhweeet#4292

Ha Ha point a few things out to you and you want to operate cancel culture. Typical! And the SNP and it’s supporters have the audacity to preach about democracy?

I do agree with you about Glasgow Cathcart having the potential to be a cracking sim though.

• Like Like x 2
  47. shhweeet#4292

whut? Are you being serious!?? :D

• Like Like x 1
  48. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Is that meant to be a coherent response to a straightforward question? :cool:

49. shhweeet#4292

If I thought it was an intelligent question I’d make more of an effort to answer you in what you term a coherent response. As it stands I’m happy to pass

• Like Like x 1
  50. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

You know, it's much easier to just answer "I don't know"! :D