Fix Horn On Clinchfield Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stowersjames9, May 27, 2021.

1. stowersjames9

stowersjames9 New Member

Is there ANY plans to remove the default horn and replace it with a legit horn on clinchfield railroad DLC? I think it was the SD-40 Locomotive that had the defaul horn, it needs fixed

2. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Highly unlikely, I would suggest.

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

According to the streams there is SUPPOSED to be a new horn for the SD40, but for whatever reason, it wasn't included in the route release, and was supposed to come later, but with no mention of CRR fixes on the roadmap, who know if we will ever see it added to TSW2.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

I saw a YouTube video last night of someone using a horn mod for the SD40. Personally, the horn doesn't bother me so I didn't take much more notice. You might want to search for it and see where he got it from.

5. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

This has been driving me crazy! I love the Clinchfield route and enjoy the SD40 but without the RS3L It’s really missing the proper sound. That K5LA sound file that they have is awful in the first place, but on a locomotive that is missing the proper horn it is really annoying. They mentioned in one of the launch streams that this was supposed to be addressed! I hope they get to it sooner rather than later!

6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The major problems on CRR, the SD40 horn, the poor headlights and the fact that banking com doesn't work are, I think, unlikely to get much attention at this point. They don't make the Clinchfield unplayable, but they are saddle burrs in what would otherwise be a near perfect route.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

Yes the headlight is pretty dull as well, the Nora turn was one of my favorite services really wish there was a daylight run. An improved headlight would help a lot. I would agree Clinchfield is definitely near perfect, it has absolutely been my favorite route to date in the game!

8. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Weren't we also promised a different horn for the CSX Dash 8? If so, it's almost predictable that we might not see an updated horn for the SD40 in months, if we even get one at all.

• Like Like x 2
  9. applesnax#6064

applesnax#6064 Active Member

Also if they could make the rear horn actually work and not just trigger the front horn that would be great.

10. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Technically I don't think the cable is supposed to be there in the 1st place.

I believe it was to operate a rear facing single chime horn on some versions of F-units, which where not present on the Clinchfield models of them.
    20-20349-1a.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Agreed. If you look at CRR #800's cab:
    44028801974_ab34e07ba6_o.jpg
    Source

I know 800 had a lot of work done to get back in shape (and may therefore not represent original CRR F-units anymore), but it still supports there only being one cord.

• Like Like x 1