Xbox Rapid Transit Br182 Lzb Ende Still Broken After 25/05 Update (build N. 363)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by FD1003, May 25, 2021.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

[Edited this post to be more constructive and less aggressive]

"DB BR 182

• Fixed an issue that caused a number of configuration issues with PZB and LZB when saving and reloading.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the LZB indicator from illuminating appropriately.
    • Fixed an issue with PZB and LZB that resulted in players being unable to acknowledge appropriately.
    • Fixed several instances of floating scenario trigger markers."
    I guess I misunderstood the patch notes, or how to use LZB, can anyone confirm whether LZB on RT is working correctly?

Timetable:

Recreated the same issue using scenario designer:

Xbox Series X
    Language: English (UK) / Location: Italy

DLC I own: ARL; SE HS; LGV Méd; IoW; HRR; RRO; RSN; MSB; ECW; Pen.Cor.; RT; GWE; WSR; BR182; BR155; BR363; Class 465, BR101 (uninstalled HHL)

EDIT: Below two videos of different trains going over LZB Ende on SKA, one works and one doesn't.

Why do I bother...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

On PC it is OK :|

3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Don't know what to say, I'll try a full reinstall, but I'm sure RT was updated, the S6 was not on top of the buffers, the only think that could have caused problems was the fact I downloaded and then uninstalled HHL and that somehow messed with my 182

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Maybe try to reinstall BR 182 add-on only :) // or maybe something is wrong again...

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm doing hopefully that fixes it... if it doesn't I'll be very frustrated.

EDIT: No difference, deleting and reinstalling both RT and the BR182, still no difference. Trying to reinstall TSW2, still not working.

Note that I only tried in the scenario designer not in timetable.

If anyone playing xbox would mind to check if LZB is working it would be immensely appreciated, all you need to do is set up a scenario between Leipzig Messe and Leipzig Nord

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Not an XBox player, but I'll see if I can get some PlayStation feedback in once I have time today. That way, we'll see if this issue is Xbox specific or not.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lamplight

I just tested it on PS5. I used the DB Br 182 with a custom scenario on SKA. End of LZB worked as intended. I could release the LZB control with no trouble. It would appear that what you experience, FD1003, is XBox specific.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any thread about this from any xbox player, also skimmed over Reddit and the xbox community, so unless nobody played RT with the BR182 using safety systems it could be a problem with my system as well, but considering I have already done a full reinstall and re download of all my TSW content (and TSW itself) I can see no easy way of fixing it.

The problem is only with the 182 because RT is fixed, maybe I should buy again HHL and try with that 182, but I really don't want to do that.

I should have switched to PC when I could...

Uninstalled the 182, restarted my console, re installed it, still nothing... and even if it is an xbox exclusive problem, if no xbox player cares why fix it?

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  9. KampfKeks510

KampfKeks510 New Member

I think it refers to the HHL BR 182.

10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It works on PC and PS, and I believe Lamplight does not have HHL and it works for him(/her?).

Even if it was just for HHL that would be the worst way to write patch notes.

EDIT: I talked with another TSW xbox player and confirmed LZB is still broken on XBOX and is not my system at fault. Hopefully it will get fixed.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Hi FD1003 !

I'm on Xbox and do care! ;)
    As far as I am aware the 182 was not updated for us yesterday. Only core, RT itself and LIRR.

Sorry for pinging DTG Natster , but could you please have a look at it? Your recent efforts in those cases were quite successful :)

Edit: Xbox Store Germany

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lamplight

Don‘t have HLL, that‘s correct. And him is fine :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Great, apologies I am bit salty these days, trying to stay positive, hopefully it was simply a "shipping" problem and can be fixed without too many problems :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

No need for apologies, the recent releases (and in general the real life situation for the past months) made me a bit salty as well but this will go over someday... :)

I did some S6 runs on RT today which were very cool and unexpected. And I bought CRR recently even if I thought US freight wouldn't fit my driving priorities at all.. turned out I like it :)

And seriously - if TSW gets on your nerves too much some times (I think every game does that in some point) there are many others waiting for a try. Maneaters went into Gamepass yesterday... :D

Anyway let's hope for the best.

• Like Like x 2
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'm playing other games as well, mainly whatever my friends happen to play :D those days mostly Wreckfest, the issue with TSW is not the game itself but both HHL and the new RT are awesome, but are flawed in just a way that make them almost unplayable for me, and that's my main source of frustration with TSW at the moment, I'm doing a run on RT with the Talent (no LZB) and I'm loving it, but I'd much prefer using the 182 :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

If the problem name consists of 3 letters (AFB/PZB/LZB) it calls serious heresy :|

• Like Like x 1
  17. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Customer Support came back to me this morning with this answer: "Our records have been updated, and the development team will investigate why this issue is still present on Xbox."

Let's wait and see if something happens :)

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. raptor

raptor Member

do you hold the button long enouth? the pzb buttons on the br182 react a little bit slow

19. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I thought about it as well, and while I didn't record it I tried to hold the button down for longer and also use the physical switch in the cab to make sure the command was correctly registered, but if you hear the audio feedback in theory it should mean it's triggered.

20. raptor

raptor Member

it should yes

21. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I can confirm that's not the problem

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

Quite so. I set up a similar scenario to test it, and the DB BR 182 won't release on "Ende", but the exact same scenario run with the MRCE black 182 had no problem. (Xbox One S)

• Like Like x 1
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Interesting that the MRCE one is fine, but to drive on RT we will probabily have to wait after Rush Hour. Great news!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  24. Yayo Beast

Yayo Beast New Member

Junge, du musst lzb mit pzb frei beenden. Dafür gibt es keine Taste am Controller. Du drückst die ganz Zeit auf sifa / pzb wachsam. Wenn du es nicht kannst lass es.

25. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Was this mentioned in the stream?
    I really hope this is not what we can expect as it would be getting really ridiculous how us xbox users are treated currently. Not only we got more or less convincing excuses for the sales issue, the endless sound looping bug with no end in sight which strangely affects only TSW and not any other games, the countless more or less annoying console exclusive bugs which sometimes would be easy to fix within minutes but strangely never are adressed, the impression that only Matt seems to do some proper testing on consoles as he would have plenty of other things to do and now the third locomotive which is basically far worse in TSW2 than it was in 2020 after the 146 and 204?
    Which would not be that bad if we at least could still play 2020 without doing some serious software surgery on our consoles?
    And now it's not even possible anymore to correct a broken update which only affects one platform? Come on...

Sorry for saying that but software business sometimes seems like a parallel universe... if any issue of that category would turn up actions for immediate solutions would be expected within minutes.

Yet I still hope to be proven wrong and this little rant turned out to be nothing else but a little usage of my phone's battery. This just sounds too unprofessional to be the case.

• Like Like x 1
  26. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

They didn't say it in the stream, but they said that "rapid transit is in the stage of being worked on for 4.26" so there are no coming updates. Is this different? Maybe just a shipping error, I don't know, my question was ignored.

I think they are just ignoring the issue: you, me and Ensor are the only 3 people that seem bothered by this issue, so why bother?

I just hope that someday I'll be able to transfer all my TSW DLC over to PC, there one of their updates didn't correctly apply and it was of utmost importance to fix it ASAP, for this, nothing.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  27. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Mh, if it's a shipment error we might have a little chance for a solution left I guess.
    A short statement would be nice but this is of course clearly very demanding...
    Maybe we should make ourselves more vocal? I don't have a constructive idea for that but there's this singer called Alex Terrible... maybe he would be helpful ;)

I think you might have a chance if MS continue their policy of uniting xbox and PC more and more. I won't be going that way as I am enjoying gaming on couch and TV far too much ;)
    But aside of Rush Hour I don't see me spending much of my money for TSW either anymore... :(

• Like Like x 1
  28. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

If 2 weeks have passed and no action was taken (IMO) they are either waiting for another unrelated update so that people don't get a random BR182 download (although I can't see why that would be problematic), or, the most likely option is that they wilfully decided to ignore it, even a just a "we're not working on this" response would have gone a long way, but no as usual we are left "waiting for updates". I am not buying any DLC, maybe not even playing the game until this gets fixed because it's in my opinion ridiculous in more than one way, disparity between platforms, a route unplayable with safety systems on, and is in a wake of a disastrous patch (LIRR/RT Update).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  29. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

It still offers enough cool moments for me to get enjoyment out of it so I will continue playing it for a while, especially as I don't have so much time for playing usually and therefore still many things to do left.

However given the current state of quality I find the DLC far too expensive especially if you can't be sure if they might not get broken for a year and not taking care of after some kind of future update.
    Given how it is now a maximum price of 9,99€ for a route and 2,99€ for a loco DLC would make me think about it again...
    Anyway I hope you'll find at least some enjoyment in TSW again soon! :)

• Like Like x 2
  30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

JonnE
    Ensor42

Actual good news! I relayed this problem on Discord (as it happened when I joined there were already some discussions happening) and managed to make sure Adam was correctly informed of the problem, he is right now collating more feedback related to the BR182, so I hope this means an update can be released within a reasonable time frame.

• Like Like x 1