London To Brighton - Make Use Of All Available Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, May 25, 2021.

1. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Would like to see these on LB route in future but they need to add some random timing into the doors closing. Currently on the UK slam door carriages we have MK1, MK2 and MK3's, the doors open and close at the same time, no random timing of opening/closing separate doors at all. AP managed to add random opening/closing of doors on the old TS, surely DTG can add random open/closing in TSW2 - would be nice sitting in the old UK stock and hearing the random slamming of the doors!

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well having had my first drive of the 377 on East Coastway, I would repeat my earlier desire for more interesting traction with this route. The 377 is about the blandest, most boring train I've driven in TSW2. It literally has no redeeming features. Narrow restricted view out of the cab so you can't even view the scenery, predictable acceleration and braking, tinny awful sound. My Kia Sportage gives a nicer driving experience than that.
    Admittedly ECW is so short it doesn't give a chance to get anywhere near top speed but still not really relishing the prospect of driving these along with the 387 as the default trains in LtoB.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You know this is something I've noticed on several British emus, this half cab width windshield. It gives a very narrow view and I've often wondered why they are built that way. US and German cabs are always full width, except for older US diesels.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

They're usually built like that to accommodate gangways which are quite useful for passengers and especially guards for doing tickets. On others, like the 313 and 314, a door is needed at each end if they work on routes with single bore tunnels with restricted clearance so the train can be evacuated, which means the windscreen has to be split. There does seem to be a divide though whether new EMUs and DMUs are fitted with gangways, for example Northern's 195s have a full width cab even though they regularly operate in multiple while TfWs equivalent, 197s, are fitted with gangways.

• Like Like x 4
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

That's where I liked the feature in MSTS where you could remove the cab mask leaving just the HUD but still enjoy the view ahead. I am actually now about to refund ECW as it really is quite poor compared to other UK routes and the awful 377.

6. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for additional driveable/AI for the Southern metro services i.e. normally operated by the 455, but obviously substituted with 377s for now until a DLC is hopefully released later. Otherwise, the London-end of the BML will be emptier. Plus, hoping for Reigate services to make Redhill busier.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Thinking about old stock, one of the fun things about the Rail Tours on SEHS is riding first class in those old cars with compartments and corridors. I hope they also add some of those to the LtoB timetable. Wasn't there a Class 33 train set on the TS version? Of course, the line would be ripe for a Bulleid or two when steam arrives. ;)

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent and one more thing that the 707 is missing is the ATO CBTC ETCS switch which the class 700 has installed since summer 2018 or 2019 for brighton main line and East Coast main line service

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  9. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

yep, there’s a couple of cab button differences but they’re built around the same console.

707s also have a passcom override button instead of just the kick out pedal but the designs of the cabs themselves are intentionally identical

• Like Like x 1
  10. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Nitpicking but I'm pretty sure you can do 90 on some some stretches which isn't far off their top speed of 100.

Also I take offense to your 377 hatred lol. I love them, they're responsive and modern, and I enjoy seeing and riding them in real life. The sound could be better though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I travelled on the Brighton Main Line today and there is currently a Class 37 parked at Haywards Heath. Now that would be a nice addition to Rush Hour either as a railtour or freight. Think how many red lights you'd encounter on a full route run.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think a railtour's a given since they've somehow managed to shoehorn one into Cathcart.

• Like Like x 3
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Class 37 to appear on Brighton Main Line you need Tees Valley Line 1989 era DLC to work as a railtour service. Both routes have active AWS TPWS

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1