Doppelstockwagen - Brakes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cp1400, May 30, 2021.

1. cp1400

cp1400 Member

Are the brakes in the doppelstockwagen cab working as intended? I feel like the electric brake stops working when the train brake is applied (almost as if it nullyfies the electric brake). Shouldn't it aid the electric brake and add to the braking force or is this how it operates in real life? I've only noticed this on the Hamburg route though, I have a feeling however that it didnt behave like this before. Also, the brake timing kinda feels off too . Can anyone shed some light about this please ?

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, the controls in a doppelstock are supposed be delayed slightly. That goes for both the power and brake and of course also depends on what the leading loco is. The 112 and 143 tend to have longer delays in the controls (especially in the power control) compared to if the 146 is the power loco. With regard to the electric brakes, I know the 143 and 112 have the AFB combined throttle system which is tied to the usage of the electric brake. Since the dostos don't have AFB built in, this could be why the electric isn't being properly utilized when driving from the dosto cab. Again, the 146 does not have the AFB combined throttle system which could explain why the electric brakes work fine from the dosto when the 146 is powering.

• Like Like x 1