PC Lirr Inconsistent Speed Limit?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rudolf, May 30, 2021.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Driving service 1910, departure 11:01 from NY Penn to Belmont Park.
    When approaching Jamaica, you need to reduce speed to 35Mph, this is OK, but shortly after this 35Mp/h limit starts, you need to reduce speed further to 30Mph. Then after, I guess less than 100 yards, speed limit is set again to 35 Mph.

This does not make sense to me, so question is, is this intentional or is this a bug?

2. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I know that the speed limit for the switch itself is 30mph (the ones between Kew Gardens and the interlocking just before Jamaica). So if you're going over the switch, yess this is normal. It's also normal on the actual RR (I ride the LIRR frequently)

3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yes, before arriving to Jamaica, the speed limit drops to 35MPH before the overpass. So the 35MPH section starts. But if you're switching tracks, then for the crossover the limit is 30MPH. But because the speed limit otherwise is 35MPH, it means that the speed limits go 80->35->30->35. On the other hand, if you don't get routed to the other track, then it simply goes from 80 to 35.

Or maybe it's 60 and not 80 on the straight section, but you get the point.