PC West Somerset

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by adkad, May 24, 2018.

1. adkad

adkad New Member

Have driven two tutorials and one service and experienced no bugs. The graphics are great and the engines interesting and fun to drive. So far very enjoyable. Frame rate was good.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

The WSR module is very well done. The traction modelling is excellent; both the 47 and the 09 are superb. The route modelling is lovely and full of details that catch the eye (in a good way)- for example the mortar between the stone on the motorway bridges. Have done the tutorials and one scenario so far and have found it very enjoyable. Well done DTG, well done indeed :)

Kind regards,
    Dave S

• Like Like x 6
  3. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I also did 2 tutorials and a scenario.
    Excellent.
    The driving is very pleasant. The change of the power control is perfect.
    The sounds are better. Have heard the tac tac wheels on the rail.

Continue in this way.

Highly a steam loco :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

WSR is very nice, but I have experieced a few bugs, but less the usual.

of course hoping for a steam loco for this route in the future.

5. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback wilbnil.

It would be a huge help if you could tell us more about the bugs you've experienced in our dedicated Troubleshooting & Support forum.

Many thanks, Steve

6. Course carriage

Course carriage Member

Will there also be a manual?

7. TrainSim-Steve

• Like Like x 1
  8. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

I played the tutorial and the first scenario and I really like it so far too!
    I personally love the nature and how good the atmosphere is the most.

2 things I noticed though:
    - Passengers are still very stupid. Ruins the immerson a lot.
    - Im playing the game on ultra and yet the shadow distance is extremly low. Really bothers me while driving.

Some screenshots :P

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

A great add-on for Train Sim World, the best so far. I enjoy the improvements done to the diesel electric simulation. I can't say at this point that it is correct, but it is a lot better than before. The route has a very nice atmosphere, though slow speed heritage railways is not my thing. The sounds in the class 47 are not bad, but I wish there was more sounds to give us the feel of movement/speed (wind, vibrations in the cab ect.) I've never been in a class 47 or a class 09 so I don't know anything about sound isolation, but the noises from the track and bogies are very loud, too loud in my opinion. There are no change in volume when opening a door or a window.

All-in-all a great product, had some minor bugs like a service starts in the wrong cab and I was able to walk out of the class 09 while driving but this is nothing to worry about :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I had to login and post this from a comment I left over on the steam forum (cough cough).

"I had to pop back out of the game to share this. Just been trundling the class 47 up the line on the first scenario and its superb. The wheels are giving that satisfying ker-clunk ker-clunk over the joints in the rails, the thing feels heavy and meaty, the scenery is just stunning, it feels like that part of the world (I know it reasonably well), the traction of the locomotives is as it should be and I for one can see me having quite a few hours of relaxing fun with this one. It doesnt feel as sterile as previous outings as well, so I think for sure DTG are headed in the right direction with this.
    Just had an absolutely delightful half hour on the first scenario. Its going to be a game changer on the Great Western shed and HST when it arrives, same for heavy haul. Cant speak for the others as havent got them but its so much more fun actually having to keep an eye on speed and amps now.
    As a relatively casual gamer who is looking for a bit of a stress buster in my down time, this is it. The countryside is just beautifully rendered and it captures the essence of the south west really well. Ive only driven the class 47 so far but Im already aching for the future and more 80s stuff, maybe a london to brighton route, who knows. Once the community can get involved its going to be pretty epic if this direction change is anything to go by."

Credit where credit is due folks! Well done devs, its very very good!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Some screenshots to give those who are considering it the general idea. Its the first time Ive felt the urge to 'reach for my camera' in a game in a long while so bear with me..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. TrainSim-Steve

Wonderful shots there Sunscreen :)

Best, Steve

13. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Thanks Steve, and thanks for this lovely route!

14. TrainSim-Steve

I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to all the guys that worked really hard to make it :)

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 2
  15. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Echoing all previous comments here...initial impressions are very positive so far. I have only played the tutorials and service mode briefly but so far so good. The throttle changes are great and I cannot wait to see it rolled out in CSX:HH and GWE over time.

Well done Dovetail Games

• Like Like x 4
  16. marsh110

marsh110 New Member

fantastic route, really well done!

anyone know the departure times from the main stations? I cant seem to find a timetable.

thanks

17. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

A few more screenshots for you guys and girls wondering whether or not to get it. It really is very very pretty and is a lot of fun with the new power system. It captures the lazy feel of a heritage route quite well :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. TrainSim-Steve

Timetable isn't quite ready yet though it is in progress. Hopefully next week it will be available for you :)

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 2
  19. Course carriage

Course carriage Member

Compared to Heavy Haul, the Class 47 tutorial is more difficult to use. If, for example, the brake does not hit the desired point but a point in front of it, the tutorial stops and can not continue. Also you can not move the lever of the brake again to correct the error.

I do not know if it's a bug, but with the SD and GP Lokos the fans are turning on the roof, with the 47 not. In addition, I could not adjust the gauge lighting until now. On the thumbnails glow the gauge, so is probably a function.

Greetings

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I like this route. Thanks to all developers. Though, I definitly would like some freight vans and a steam engine. I also would like some more shunting opportunities, e.g a real freeroam scenario starting at the workshops, where you can build a train etc.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

Okay, so after a few goes here is some initial findings, with screenshots where possible.

Firstly it is a lovely route, captures the feel of a heritage railway extremely well. The locos and Mk1 carriages are great (but some like the comfort of first class and a snack or hot drink - can we have a first and a buffet?) There are a few things that personally I consider lacking, or bugs and these shall be listed below.

1. There should be an ability to change or setup the train reporting number or headcode on the Class 47.
    2. The tail light switch in the Class 47 cab operates the taillight at the opposite end, whereas I think (but I could definitely be wrong here) it should only illuminate the tail lights corresponding to the cab occupied.
    3. The rain/snow effects on the exterior windows of the Class 47 cab only occur at the cab the player first starts the game in - see shots below.

TSW_Matt_1527302020_00.jpg
    TSW_Matt_1527302033_00.jpg

4. It would be lovely to have that most important of heritage railway features, and that is to be able to hang your head out of the Mk1 carriage passenger windows.
    5. The ability to open and close the ventilation windows by the seats would be a nice addition too.
    6. Choice of loco number and headcode before starting a service would be nice also.

I think that's about it, some lovely features, lovely rolling stock and I sincerely hope that this route is the first UK route you intend to add some DLC items too also, would be fantastic.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  22. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Is there a german manual available? Can't find it.