Dtg, Change Countries Sometime And Live Up To Your World Name

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Renfe cercanias, May 31, 2021.

1. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

I'm going to get involved a lot .... I simply ask DTG to please vary from country to country, that this is called Train sim WORLD, not Train sim Germany, England and the United States.

If you do not want to make routes to other countries DTG I ask you to tell us and now .... because personally I would not buy anything until a new country came out, and I think there are countries with very good trains and other countries (as for example Spain) with which dovetail can reuse files (something he likes a lot) to do, for example, the AVE Madrid - Barcelona, since this line uses the ICE, which we already have in the game.

In summary DTG ..... change countries that people always start to get tired of the same countries
    upload_2021-5-31_10-8-59.png

• Like Like x 7
  2. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

OK, as far as I know are Switzerland, France and Canada independent countries and don't belong to England, Germany or the United States... ;)

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. StratoCruizer

StratoCruizer New Member

I agree, although travelling in these times to get source material can be a bit difficult..

• Like Like x 2
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Last time I checked Switzerland, Canada, France and Scotland all aren't part of these 3.

• Like Like x 4
  5. J.T.

J.T. Active Member

I belive DTG may have a problem with recreating signaling and railroad regulations in countries other than UK, USA and Germany. For example, railways in Central Europe use a very complex system of light signals, similar to the German "Hl Signals". (https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/hl-german-signalling-system-proposal.29320/).

However, the promising SimRail2021 (http://www.simrail.eu/en/our-games/simrail-2021) is coming, created by professionals producing simulators for railway companies. So, soon it will be possible to realistically drive trains in completely different countries than UK, USA and Germany :)

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

While I'd love to see some new countries I fear DTG could not be able to catch the atmosphere of that country. I think countries like spain, the netherlands and Japan should be devloped by 3rd party instead as they often have great knowledge about a very certain system. For example I'd think ChrisTrains would be much better in creating a dutch route/loco that DTG as for DTG this is new terrain, but it's ChrisTrain's main field of work. I hope, some new 3rd party devs will find their way to TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Renfe cercanias

Of course they do not belong but the fundamental difference is that from France there is only 1 route, from Switzerland 1 route only, from Canada 1 route only ...... and if we look at Germany ....... more than 7 routes ...... if we look england more than 7 routes ..... if we look at the United States more than 5 routes ...... so do not come to me with nonsense that there are a variety of countries when to dtg note that he only cares about money

• Like Like x 1
  8. trainsimplayer

1. The majority of players are in the USA, Germany and England/UK
    2. Of course they care about money. They need money to be able to make the game.
    3. The Netherlands situation - judging by Abellio in the UK - is down to licensing.
    4. In these COVID Times it is harder for them to get Information, so they are going to stick to routes they have already done as much as is needed, unless the Companies Help them out, as was probably the case with Cathcart
    5. Outside of "the big 3" only really the Netherlands, Australia, France (kind of) Japan and Austria/Switzerland have been suggested. 2 of which already exist.
    6. Dovetail (as far as I'm aware) didn't actually make the Japanese Content in TS and I don't believe the Developers in question are in the TSW System as of now.
    7. Again, Scotland, France, Switzerland & Canada are all outside the Big 3 (Germany, USA, England)
    I rest my case.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

What's your source of this info?

Considering they already released one NS-branded wagon for Train Simulator, I wouldn't assume licensing is the issue here.

Although COVID may make things more challenging (not impossible), DTG has always focused on three countries, even pre-COVID.

Then you must've missed a whole lot of suggestions, including (but not limited to) India, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Russia, Austria, Belgium and China. And that's just the part of the community that's fluent enough in English to use these forums.

That's true, but that doesn't mean DTG couldn't make any Japanese content.

Scotland being part of the UK though. France, Switzerland & Canada all have only 1 route, and Switzerland was not created by DTG. But even so, there's very little content outside of the Big 3. Way too little, considering the community is way bigger than the Big 3.

• Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So the OP wants a Spanish route. Perfectly acceptable desire. Maybe not the best way to express that desire by having a huge rant including misinterpreting the title of the game.
    The word ‘World’ in the title is used in the same context as in Chessington World of Adventures, meaning you inhabit the ‘world’ of trains because you play as the driver not as the train, like when in Chessington World of Adventures you inhabit a ‘world’ where adventures can be had by all the family. It does not actually mean ‘trains of the world’ so DTG could quite easily stick to one country if they wanted, just like Chessington World of Adventures sticks only with their location in Chessington (although they do have animals from around the world in their zoo), and the word ‘World’ in Train Sim World would still be perfectly appropriate.

On a broader level, DTG do want to make routes from other parts of the world, and they do, but nobody anywhere has the right to demand or expect it. It’s not as simple as Spain has trains therefore they should be in the sim, as just having the desire to make a Spanish route doesn’t mean it can happen. The Spanish train companies could have refused permission for them to do so, and DTG can’t just steal them, like the founders of Chessington Zoo did to wild animals back in the day... “I’m a Gorilla, I don’t want to live in southern England” etc.

• Like Like x 4
  11. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

It depends on Licensing, DTG would bring out more countries if they get all the license for the company's and the trains, the thing how faster routes from other countries could be added are from other companies that make routes for TS and TSW, because DTG doesn't have so many employees to make every week a new route and they usually make these routes they got license on

• Like Like x 1
  12. trainsimplayer

I don't have a specific source, however I have heard it enough times and seen it on these forums enough to make it quite clear.

I wasn't aware of this

that's most likely down to the Sales factor involved, hence my point one. However even as demand grows now, it is much harder for them to make that new expanse.
    I said Austria, for starters.
    However I meant that in the sense that those countries suggested had most of the suggestions for the non-big 3 countries.

back to the COVID Point...

Scotland being part for now :)
    But the OP continuously refers to the UK as England so therefore Scotland much be treated seperately. If they said UK then I wouldn't have mentioned Scotland as seperate.

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Exactly and since you are from Spain DTG can introduce the country by doing transborder Perpignan Barcelona line 110 mi 180 kms ETCS KVB VACMA ASFA Spain. Bonus of Perpignan-Barcelona is that it give Ave S100 service the 08:06 Marseille Saint Charles Madrid Atocha service to LGV Mediterranean Line. In return LGV Mediterranean Line gives TGV Duplex to Perpignan-Barcelona Railway

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would like to see different countries in tsw2 as well. Yes we do have France, Canada and Swizerland but let's face it, LGV (the french route) is bascially a 30-35 minute blast with 1 train and 3 stations which is too short in terms of gameplay time and will get you quite bored quite quickly, Oakville Subdivision when it was released for tsw2020 got a bad reputation because of the amount of bugs it had that it became one of the worst routes for tsw2020. Also it's a freight only route meaning we haven't gotten a Canadian passenger route yet and Arosa had good ideas but had poor execution. Cathcart Circle while yes introduces a new Country (Scotland) the route itself is basicially a unknown and not very iconic circle line with one train.

I do hope dtg does do more countries in the future. There clearly is demand for it. The Japanese Shinkansan and Dutch Routes are very popular.

15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for Spain to be introduced into TSW2 they need to be doing something like Perpignan-Barcelona Railway 110 mi 180 km that way you have a 1hr 30 high-speed route same duration as SPG from end to end. Canadian Passenger route can be solved by Maple Leaf North Niagara Falls, NY To Toronto, ON 83 miles. Can be broken down as this Niagara Falls, NY to the Eastern end of Oakville subdivision Oakville subdivision and lastly Oakville subdivision East Oakville Toronto Union Station. That route can be extended all the way to New York Penn Station as Empire Corridor Niagara Falls Albany, NY then Hudson Line North Poughkeepsie Albany the Final segment is Hudson line Poughkeepsie-Penn Station/Grand Central terminal via Croton-Harmon Metro-North station. That way OSD can be sold as a bundle called Maple Leaf NYC-Oakville Toronto via Niagara Falls.

• Like Like x 2
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would love to see a spanish high speed route. I am curently taking spanish classes and know a bit of spanish

• Like Like x 2
  17. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

Interesting you mention that... some interesting project they are working.

Also worth noting, they seem to be getting trained up for UE4 (as "Train Simulator / Train Sim World Game DLC Production Group") in their bio.
    UnionWorkshop's tweets (weibo.com)

18. trainsimplayer

Interesting

19. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Yet, they haven't posted an update since the end of 2020.....

20. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Yeah, and also, specifically talking about the Netherlands here, doesn't Christrains have to officially license his work for TS20xx as well?
    And I mean, if Christrains, as an unofficial 3rd party content creator can get most NS licenses than certainly DTG should be able to get the same.

21. lenick0110

lenick0110 New Member

That's so true

22. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I think world means as in your in a simulated world, not that it simulates the world

• Like Like x 4
  23. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I am really not a fighter for capitalism, but what's wrong with caring about money? Why do people in these forums again and again and again call out DTG for caring about money? I mean..don't we all? Are we not all [at least most] working to get money? Well at least money is one of the reasons why we work.
    And there are over 100 people working for DTG - should they not be payed for their work? I mean, yeah - things can be better concering quality (look at hamburg-Lübeck or sound overall). But for their prices we get products with a value that is imho higher than the price. Look at Rush hour - three new routes, many trains, new core features, an engine update - for the price of one route. What else do people want? Stuff for free right? Because for us players this is a hobby. But for DTG empolyees it is work [and hobby, i huess/hope]. Sometimes i am really amazed by the things that people expect.

Should DTG stop caring about money? Fine. But you know that happens then? DTG goes bankrups --> no new DLCs, no updates to old stuff, no more TSW. I think nobody wants that, right?

• Like Like x 2
  24. Renfe cercanias

What people want are new countries (Spain, Italy, Portugal, Japan .........) not the same as always because they are repetitive ......

• Like Like x 1
  25. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

While I'm one of those people who look for non-UK/German/US content on roadmap every time it is updated, you've been given fair points on why there is not much movement in that direction for now. Once the pandemic is over, we'll see if DtG has resources and interest in going beyond these three in a substantial way.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1