Ai Trains For Colonge Hbf (route Cologne - Aachen)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loeffler.marcel, May 31, 2021.

1. loeffler.marcel

loeffler.marcel Member

Hello everyone,

due the Colonge Hbf looks so empty, I wish AI Trains would be added to the Timetable to change that.

I know many of these trains (BR 401 / 402 / 411 / ..) we don't have, but i prefer a full station with the currently available trains as an station that looks empty.

upload_2021-5-31_9-49-47.png

Greetings,
    Marcel

• Like Like x 7
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

forgot the 412 ICE 4

3. J.T.

J.T. Active Member

I wonder what is the point of recreating in TSW2 routes as busy and complicated as the Cologne-Aachen route. It is obvious that for purely economic reasons DTG will never faithfully recreate such a variety of traffic!

A completely empty station in Cologne, where one RE9 train arrives once every half an hour looks ridiculous. As we all know, in reality, dozens of different types of locomotives and wagons, both passenger and freight, constantly pass through the station in Cologne. The route from Cologne to Aachen that DTG sells to us is nothing like the real one. In TSW2, it looks like an old, half-abandoned railway line with residual train traffic (ICE and RE9 trains only).

Since DTG cannot afford to give players a fairly faithfully recreated AI traffic on busy lines (additional trains could even be low-poly models and remain non-drivable for players), maybe they should choose less complex routes that will be fully featured in TSW2?

A good example is the Sand Patch Grade: one carrier, freight traffic only, and three most distinctive locomotives needed. That's all! Piece of cake! (And even that they could screw up :( )

Another good example is the East Coastway route. Again only one carrier, two main types of trains and very little freight traffic. Here also DTG didn't care to give us Southern Class 313 train (even as en AI only train), but still, for a person who has never been to England, the traffic on the route looks busy and realistic. And it even looks a lot like what you can watch on Youtube.

So maybe we shouldn't press DTG to release routes that we know they won't do properly, and instead ask for simpler, easier and cheaper routes to reproduce?

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I don't know, AI trains are good for more traffic, but I want to have drivable trains and not fake trains

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

An excellent idea but one can be drivable that is IC2441 IC 55 line to Dresden if these routes are built Köln-Wuppertal Hagen-Dortmund-Hannover-Braunschweig-Helmstedt railway line which is the portion in West Germany but on the East Germany side its Marienborn-Halle Hbf Railway Line. Followed by the future Rapid Transit extension Leipzig Halle Hbf that is if DTG wants another East German S-Bahn route. The final part for this is broken down into two sections Leipzig Riesa Line then the Rush Hour route Riesa-Dresden. If you play that Intercity lines you'll encounter S-Bahn Traffic on RRO Köln-Wuppertal the proposed RWB S-Bahn Rhein-Ruhr followed by S-Bahn Hannover. The East German side of the route it's S-Bahn Leipzig S3 & S2 lines and Dresden S-Bahn.
    The RE1 is playable since it's standard with Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen. You're Missing ÖBB 424/425 as an AI service

6. loeffler.marcel

loeffler.marcel Member

Low poly trains i would not prefer, from my side they would destroy the general view, these models must be also create, this work i would save myself.

With this wish I would like to have what already implemented in Rapid Transit: the ICE line by Bitterfeld... ok it doesn't work for the moment but this can be roulout to the other routes and as long as routes are not merged / extended, i think this was the easier way.

7. J.T.

J.T. Active Member

Look, there are many trains on the real route between Cologne and Aachen that go in directions other than Aachen or Cologne. It doesn't make sense for you to drive them if they follow the TSW2 route only for a short distance and then disappear into a portal pretending to be the rest of the world. Such "fake trains" however make you feel like you are on a busy railway network, not on a half-abandoned railway line in post-apocalyptic Germany :)

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Actually that is a good idea, the thing is, if DTG would add the trains in other routes to use than it would make sense for them to make these trains

• Like Like x 1