Do You Play With Safety Systems On German Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FD1003, Jun 1, 2021.

?
  1. Yes [SIFA ONLY]

2. Yes [PZB or SIFA + PZB]

3. No

4. I play on other platforms

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'm curious, also could you write a post here if you have the DB BR182? I'm curious about the results.

If you don't play on xbox please either skip this vote or change what you voted for.

LZB is included with PZB

Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A couple of points if I may. Firstly I notice you didn’t include LZB as a separate choice, which it should be because it is more of a cab signalling and train control system than a safety system as such and there will be many people who use just LZB and not PZB because it is easier and essential for higher speeds. Including it in the choice for PZB will skew whatever results you are looking to find, and the two systems are profoundly different.

Secondly, why the interest in only xbox players, as you give no reason for that? I haven’t taken part in the poll because I am not an xbox player, plus I wouldn’t want to tick the box that says PZB for using LZB. I’m just curious for the purpose of being curious.

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Use Both PZB & Sifa to make my Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden runs realistic as possible. First time Sifa Only 3rd time around Sifa PZB platform I play is Xbox Series X using a Xbox One 2016-2017 Controller.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  4. Trainoob

Trainoob New Member

Xbox Series X. I'm playing on Main Spessart Bahn with Sifa + PZB. I'm also using a keyboard just to have Sifa and PZB on different buttons/keys. I don't have the BR182 DLC.

5. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I only use PZB and LZB as I find Sifa too annoying over time - I prefer DSD or the Alerter for checking attention instead - especially in those rolling stock where you get that PZB acknowledgement sound when you acknowledge it on the controller. And since I don't use a keyboard Sifa stays off :)

Oh, by the way, I own the 182!
    Shouldn't it been updated last week...? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I don't play German routes with safety systems, I may know alot about trains, but when it comes to German safety systems, I can be considered a noob:D

Yes I do own the 182, and it's the only German train that I own that's not an EMU.

• Like Like x 1
  7. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Tried it a couple of times and although it adds a challenge until using the safety systems is reflected in the scoring system then it doesn't seem much point.
    "Sifa, Sifa" can get a bit tiresome too after a while...

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I would say that increased realism and immersion is the point.

Does anyone actually care about scoring?

• Like Like x 2
  9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I didn't vote as I am on PS. But, if you don't play with safety systems on you are missing out. Sure it takes a while to pick up but it is really rewarding and immersive.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

All systems always on :) Sometimes it is a bit annoying to get these "ghost" interventions, but in general it adds much to the immersion and simulation part of TSW (also for the British routes!) :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

All your opinions are very interesting, I can definitely see why, particularly SIFA, can be annoying on console, both for the repetitiveness and the fact you acknowledge it with the "B" button, so every 30 seconds you have to hear the PZB Acknowledge alarm. In fact I played with only PZB for a while.

However to be completely honest I did not expect so many people to play with PZB on.

I didn't want to state my opinion at the start to avoid swaying voting, but I always play with them on, not much for the challenge, but for the realism, after a while those systems get repetitive and are not that challenging anyway (IMO).

Thanks everybody for taking their time to answer to this poll, I appreciate it :D

• Like Like x 1