Question On Limited Power Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sharon E, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

What's misleading is that when the first wagon hits the objective marker, the distance meter might still register a couple hundred yards, leading some to keep moving until the loco reaches it and registers 0 yds.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes. That might be addressed in some future upgrade. For now, I either become a "spotter" using the 3 camera (completely realistic, except that brakeman perched on a ladder isn't also controlling the throttle, he just has a walkie-talkie), or I peek at the pause screen to get the train length, so that if it's say, 280 yards, I know to stop when the distance meter reads 280.

• Like Like x 1
  3. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I came across the bugged AI F7 that doesn't move and blocks everything this morning twice. It is so frustrating when it happens to you after driving up the hill and coupling/uncoupling for half an hour. I am certainly not the kind of person that complains about the incorrect colour of ballast, but if you just can't finish one of the first scenarios of a route because of a bug, that really is an issue.

• Like Like x 3
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This "bug" isn't something which happens to everyone, so I suspect it isn't a proper bug so much as the game being excessively picky with regard to exactly how a player follows the instructions. I have never had the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  5. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

It took me 3 goes to get past the AI issue. Keep at it: it's a great sense of achievement when you finish it :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Worked fine for me first time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I agree that this may or may not be the case. However, it would be nice if, when the game "accepts" your play, i.e. when the objective switches to the next, you can more or less trust that everything is fine and that you can go on. I know that software has its complexities and maybe it is asking too much, who knows...

8. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

i hads this issue too but i just coupled to the rake the ai was on and it was fine

9. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I've found the CRR scenarios are very fussy. If you don't swap within a few mm of where it wants you do and do things in the exact order it wants you to then some things go a bit astray. If you follow the directions completely and carefully then it seems to work fine - all except once scenario where there is a red signal that you cannot get past.

10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It is not easy, but it is doable, but you need to be patient and drive carefully and make very sure you know how the brakes work before giving it a try.

• Like Like x 2