Scotland

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by trainsimplayer, Jun 2, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

(Timestamp is approx. 41-42 Minutes in)
    I was watching the Preview stream back and I picked up on some dialogue:

Matt: "A really nice sort of- uh- thing to get into" (presumably referring to Scotland)

JD: "I'm assuming that this one if it goes well, which we really hope it does this opens up the door for future Scottish routes further down the line"

Matt: "I dearly want to see Edinburgh - Glasgow, dearly dearly dearly.
    Along with something like the Highland Line something like that the different scenery.

The Highland Line, the extension, the Highland Line, you know, there's some really nice lines running up to Inverness and so forth.

There's lots of interesting things we can do (With Scotland) going forwards but this was a nice place to start, and this gets us Glasgow with this iconic gantry..."
    Note: Nothing confirmed. Don't chase DTG up for this.

Now this is a direct text recreation of the Dialogue
    Take from this what you will, but I think this is a little green light, and that's a good thing! Scotland is a beautiful country! And GCC so far has looked perfect (minus a couple minor flaws) so rock on Scotland!

Also Matt at a seperate time hinted at future rolling stock for Glasgow Central/GCC. So bring it on!

Alba gu bráth • Scotland Forever

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I agree that more Scotland routes would be nice. I’ve only been there once but it was beautiful.

However, your quote missed off a vital part where Matt said that just to be clear it was an aspiration and nothing was planned.

Surprisingly I’m looking forward to this route more than I thought. I prefer German routes normally but this one is shaping up to be really nice.

3. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I do think this route is trying something new for a UK route and therefore may be building up to something later on. As we saw with the early routes in TSW2, they were trying several different incarnations of high speed, Germany first, then following that France and ultimately the UK and a mixture of high speed, and third rail that had been proven in East Coastway. Now we're getting a UK commuter route with overhead wires, taking it one step further, and we're getting rush hour to introduce busier timetables and platforms, and so combined with the work they have done on high speed trains it all kinda leads me to think they're slowly laying the ground for an attempt at the West Coast Mainline, which would be a good combination of all these features. But it's pure speculation, it could all just pave the way for more UK commuter routes, or commuter routes in France or another country new to TSW2.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. trainsimplayer

I think you mixed your routes up.

5. trainsimplayer

Yes I heard that the first time round but I couldn't find it for typing. Plus I would have thought that was obvious to anyone who saw this.

6. Luke8899

Nope, just missed a comma.

7. trainsimplayer

But, there isn't High-Speed on East Coastway so... What are you meaning?

8. Luke8899

That UK Third rail was developed on East Coastway, and then with the work done on High speed rail for the ICE and TGV, it was combined with high speed, in Southeastern Highspeed, which I am using as an example of how work done on UK conventional overhead electrification in Cathcart Circle may combine with the work on high speed and rush hour to lay a foundation for a West Coast Mainline DLC.