PC What I Think Could Improve The Wsr Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by aaronlthompson, May 26, 2018.

1. aaronlthompson

aaronlthompson Member

Hello,
    So I recently bought the WSR DLC and have lots of fun driving it since release however there does seem to be some problems with the content being quite bland after playing for a little while. After you have played all the scenarios (Some of them just being the same as service mode anyway) I tend to run out of things to do or interest. Here what I think could improve this:

1. Having some way to make the GWE DLC compatible. I know this is probably the hardest idea to be made a reality, but I think it would be really cool to be able to drive the Class 66 on the WSR and this would fit with the diesel gala theme (WSR have had a 66 visit for a diesel gala before and there is even a class 66 named after the WSR).

2. Add a more intensive service mode. At one point during the service mode the class 09 goes for a passenger run as well which means 3 trains are running and adds some diesel gala feeling to the timetable. But I think there should be three trains running throughout the service timetable, two 47s and the 09 on a slower limited stop service. This would add some more interest and intensive service.

3. Double heading. I was quite surprised when I loaded into the WSR menu and saw there were no double headed scenarios or services. I think it would again add some gala feeling if there was a special run with doubleheaded 47s for the last run of the day or something. Doubleheaded 09s would also be quite fun!

4. New liveries. It would certainly add a lot of variation if there was a BR blue livery for both the 47s and 09s.

5. Either night-time running OR at the end of the day taking the locos at Bishops Lydeard down to Williton light engine then back out the next day and the locos at Minehead into the yard/shed area. Could also add a refueling stage here to make it feel more immersive.

6. More than 5 coaches. I think on the main 47 services there should be 6 or 7 on as during a diesel gala there would tend to have more than 5. This also adds for harder working.

These are just my opinions on what could really improve the WSR DLC. Even if you only followed one of them, it would add more playtime into the game and much more enjoyment. I must say though I have thoroughly enjoyed my playtime and the game and route looks lovely!

Hope you listen!
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 11
  2. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Have to agree with new liveries and longer and more frequent services. Would make it feel much more like a gala.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  3. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

I agree with the first 4, especially being able to drive a class 47 on GWE or a 66 on WSR.
    In the longer run I hope they bring more locos and freight waggons for this route.

• Like Like x 4
  4. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

I think this is probably my favourite route so far. It's clear that this one was a labour of love, from the revamped diesel-electric simulation to the level of detail in everything.

I would love to see the Class 115 be added as part of the 'diesel gala' theme :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

The top one for me would definitely be those proper depot moves. I like that the scenarios give us a taste of the Williton moves, but those should really be present in services too.
    It does bug me that DTG hasn't been doing a good job of using depots recently-look at Sunnyside in NEC, that should have tons of moves over the whole day, but literally nothing in services uses it. Are DTG services just going to be the boring ones? That's not a very good trend...

Another thing not mentioned that I'd like to see would be some shunting demonstration services. Every gala is going to have some switching going on for fun.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

Nec and Wsr really lacks passenger yard operation especially in service mode.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I posted on another forum, driving both WSR and GWE is like driving through a dead world, there is just no life! Just to add some atmosphere, how about adding:-

• Vehicles moving along the roads
    • Tractors moving in fields
    • Animated animals
    • Birds in the sky
    • Less zombie like passengers
    • people on the bridge/in gardens/at level crossings waving as the train goes past
    • even fluffy bunnies hopping in the fields!!

Anything to bring it to life!

• Like Like x 11
  8. aaronlthompson

aaronlthompson Member

Agreed, but I still think the WSR needs a more intensive timetable too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SimonM719

SimonM719 Member

Yes i agree with that, even seeing cars/trucks waiting at the level crossing would be nice...just seems so dead :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scorpion71

It does need to be more intensive and like yourself I see no reason why we can't have re-skins of the 47 into preserved BR Blue for example and MK1 coaches in BR Blue - again I posted something similar in another forum.

On the subject of re-skins, it's a pity DTG don't do these for the current HST and 166 on the GWE route, instead of the same old green GWR, how about the old Great Western livery that's being/been phased out (maybe this is down to licensing issues) and the old BR Blue, IC livery - would create more variety, I wouldn't even mind paying a couple of quid for each livery

11. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Scorpion71 it isn't because licensing issues, it's because of dev time issues.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

And add some grass or bushes to the empty fields/meadow... Everything looks good in this game but this looks like a game from 1990... even the old TS looks better here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Scorpion71

Possibly, but I'd like to hear what their plans are re: re-skins

14. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

Think of all the service/scenario possibilities once we get the tools to make them. Woot! :D

15. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Agree that there's no life in it. No clag, no movement in the cab of the 47, sounds are wrong on it too. Where are the cars dashing down the country lanes too?

I'm holding off buying anymore TSW stuff. It looks lovely but in terms of driver immersion, it's a backward step from a lot of the excellent DLC available for TS2018 at the moment. I really want some indication of where DTG are taking the game as I'm not excited by tiny segments of a route. I play TS2018 so I can drive hundreds of miles from London to Dundee, Norwich, Bristol, Plymouth even. On GWR TSW for example, what's the point of driving an express when you're done at the first stop? It would be alright if DTG actually gave us something to buy into, a vision of where they want to take TSW. But no, one tiny route seemingly still in beta, 8 months' wait, another tiny route that has a not-quite-finished feel.

It's not how you build up a loyal customer base.

16. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

I havnt been able to complete a service yet as both services i tries got held at a red right for 18minutes then i gave up as i was then 15mins late and couldnt go through, also on the evening scenario where you take people home the carriage doors stayed open after i locked them and departed......

17. aaronlthompson

aaronlthompson Member

are you doing a scenario? or just a service, I haven't had this issue before. There is a service where you have to wait at Crowcombe for the 09 to get there so that is quite a wait. The carriage doors, you need to move the camera towards them and it should shut them it seems to be a visual glitch because if you put the camera close enough they just close.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. hightower

hightower Guest

Having had time to reflect on this DLC my initial positive impression has been tempered a bit. Whilst it’s been released in a better state than its brothers & sisters and it looks nice, I feel it is really just a very lifeless bit of track. More blacked out windows on every single building, more passengers doing weird stuff, a conspicuous lack of life on any part of the route and critically, again, very poor sound.

There’s something just ‘wrong’ with Train Sim World’s world. Every DLC feels the same, it doesn’t feel like a working railway like TS20XX does. It simply feels like a game to me, one that has been approved at a corporate level so as to present a ridiculously squeaky clean image of whatever brands happen to be on show. It is just far too clean & far too clinical. I don’t buy it’s a licensing thing, as you surely can’t have one rule for Train Sim & one rule for Train Sim World. I’m really, properly, concerned that this is all we’re going to get so as to allow for easy porting to the XBOX. I own all the DLC for TSW but if there doesn’t start to be some fairly rapid progress before long I don’t know if I can justify the immediate purchase of what comes next.

WSR is a step in the right direction for sure, but the steps need to be much bigger and be coming much faster than they are. I want the editor & multiplayer yesterday, but I’d rather they take their time and get them right. More critically though, the lack of development of the existing content is very poor (think all the missing parts of GWR - on the most basic level, even if it’s not going to work fully how hard is it to replace the screen texture of the ticket machine to show a menu instead of a blank screen! - the single unit on Rapid express, the zombie like world of NEC) and that’s without mentioning the bugs that are STILL there.

I’m playing WSR, and it looks nice, but it isn’t enough to pull me away from Train Sim. In my opinion by now TSW should be blowing Train Sim completely out of the water and it definitely isn’t!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

It was a scenario, i forget the name as not on the pc but the one thats 75mins in the class 47, departs around 17:30? Description is taking the tourists home.......and it was departing the 2nd stop i had to wait like 18minutes then i gave up and got booted out for running a red......will try again later but I will try that graphical glitch too ill zoom in next time see if it works.

20. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

you can't have more frequent services cause most of the line is single track.

21. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

There are passing points at Crowcombe Heathfield, Williton and Blue Anchor allowing for quite a few trains to operate along the route. During a gala when this dlc is supposed to be, they would make full use of those passing loops for maximum services.

• Like Like x 3