Just Trains Class 222

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clumsy Pacer, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I've been eyeing this up for a little bit, but it feels to me like £22 is a bit steep. Is it worth it, or should I wait for a sale?

2. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Well, I must say it’s a very nice train, definitely worthy of the pro range label with nice sounds, and fits very well on the MML that’s was released on steam the other day, and, a rarity for anything on steam nowadays, comes with a good few different liveries. If it was on sale, I would definitely go for it. Without a sale... I don’t know. It’s definitely a lovely train, I’d say if you feel like you want it then it would be worth it.

(I think the liveries are the clinch point that make it worth it if nothing else, without the liveries it probably wouldn’t be worth it. Something many people forget is that it has a Hull Trains livery, so can be used all the way up the ECML. In my opinion, just the addition of an extra livery can give a train a lot more run-ability)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's a great unit to drive and the sounds are spot on. The sounds actually remind me of when I used to travel on Voyager units between Cheltenham and Leeds back in the mid 2000's.
    I have both versions of the Voyager/Meridian from JT to run on all my MML routes (the class 222 Meridian also has a scenario for MML London - Bedford using Hull Trains livery).

I got both versions in a sale so personally I'd wait until they go back on sale and get both.
    The Voyager/Meridian is now one of my most driven trains in TS21 (whether quick drive or scenarios).

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I'd buy MML direct from JT, not Steam, as then you can have all the add on routes for it.

5. Clumsy Pacer

Thank you :) It seems I'm underestimating it.
    I'm not exactly burning to have it, it's just so I could use it in some scenarios on Bed-Pan and ECML. I was considering it in the recent midweek madness sale, when it was 30% off, but decided to hold off. I think I'll wait for the next sale just to get it a bit cheaper but I'll be a bit less harsh :D

6. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Not sure what is meant by the above statement:

From the Steam store page :
    Included Scenarios
    A selection of Standard scenarios are included for the Midland Main Line London - Bedford route, as well as one for the ECML London - Peterborough route:
    and
    JT Website
    Scenarios requiring the Midland Main Line London-Bedford Route add-on
    Scenario requiring the East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route Add-on

However, I would still buy the JT version.

7. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Member

The versions offered on Steam are ONLY the standalone routes and not the integrated/merged all-in-one version

8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

There's also the 2019 Voyager advanced by Just Trains which is another great add-on and has loads of scenarios on various routes.

I'd second the idea of buying direct from Just Trains as when you look at their MML routes, they tell you which version to buy if you want it merging with the other parts (ie Derby - Leic - Nott, Erewash Valley etc).

9. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

Be careful. There are two very different MML routes available. MML London-Bedford is only available on Steam. Most of the bundled 222 scenarios are for this route only.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The 222 also features in the scenarios included with the Sheffield - Derby and the Derby - Nottingham - Leicester routes

11. Clumsy Pacer

So I decided to buy it in the sale. Not played much but of what I've seen and driven it seems a nice pack. Thanks all :)

(I'm not bothered about included scenarios with routes or locos - I'd rather make my own)